PDA

View Full Version : What is our current level of fandom.

archdog
08-28-2015, 11:07 PM
A few years ago, Dan Mullen gave his speech at the 2nd annual Road Dawgs tour in Biloxi, MS yacht club. I am sure some of you remember his story about why Tim Tebow chose Florida over Bama. He followed that story with the different levels of fandom and I would love to hear from him, where he thinks we are now. I am sure Mullen could give us some guidance on how to take the next step to help the program.

I think back to the Croom years and the mentality of our fans and athletic department and I can see how far we have progressed. If we had this leadership in the early 80s we would have a very large established program today. It takes sustained growth to get there, and I think 20 years from now we will look back and see that the ninja, amullen, and the fans started it all.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 09:11 AM
A few years ago, Dan Mullen gave his speech at the 2nd annual Road Dawgs tour in Biloxi, MS yacht club. I am sure some of you remember his story about why Tim Tebow chose Florida over Bama. He followed that story with the different levels of fandom and I would love to hear from him, where he thinks we are now. I am sure Mullen could give us some guidance on how to take the next step to help the program.

I think back to the Croom years and the mentality of our fans and athletic department and I can see how far we have progressed. If we had this leadership in the early 80s we would have a very large established program today. It takes sustained growth to get there, and I think 20 years from now we will look back and see that the ninja, amullen, and the fans started it all.

No, Dr. Z and JWS started it all. The Kang made us believe long before Mullen. He's why we were able to suffer through the Croom Error and demanded change. He showed us the potential. Mullen is taking it to a different level, obviously. But it started when Dr. Z had the foresight to bring JWS to State.

Schultzy
08-29-2015, 09:33 AM
No, Dr. Z and JWS started it all. The Kang made us believe long before Mullen. He's why we were able to suffer through the Croom Error and demanded change. He showed us the potential. Mullen is taking it to a different level, obviously. But it started when Dr. Z had the foresight to bring JWS to State.

Agree