PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you really care about SEC Media Days?

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2013, 10:22 AM
I understand that this event is somewhat a sign that he upcoming season is nearing. However, every year the media builds this thing up like the Super Bowl, and every year all I see and hear is bunch of redundancy and coach speak.

I really think the media makes a big deal out of this thing because it's their one time of the year where they get to see all their buddies, drink, network, etc..., but rarely do I actually learn anything new about SEC football from it.

I understand if you feel different, but I just never understood why its such a big deal. Am I alone on this?

Goat Holder
07-16-2013, 10:29 AM
No. I don't really care what comes out of these guys' mouths. I don't like most of the media anyway.

maroonmania
07-16-2013, 10:51 AM
I understand that this event is somewhat a sign that he upcoming season is nearing. However, every year the media builds this thing up like the Super Bowl, and every year all I see and hear is bunch of redundancy and coach speak.

I really think the media makes a big deal out of this thing because it's their one time of the year where they get to see all their buddies, drink, network, etc..., but rarely do I actually learn anything new about SEC football from it.

I understand if you feel different, but I just never understood why its such a big deal. Am I alone on this?

Media days for the most part is a big waste of time but given there is NOTHING else going on in college sports right now it at least gives people something to discuss.

The Croom Diaries
07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
It's sets the agenda - it's time to start talking football in full force. Baseball is over, the 4th of July is behind us, now it's time to kick start college football. The media loves to talk about it because they love to talk about themselves, but I think it's all about getting folks pumped (if they aren't already).

State82
07-16-2013, 11:52 AM
I couldn't care less about media days. I pay it no attention. I much prefer to read about what's going on with Hunter Renfroe, Adam Frazier, current baseball signees, DNF discussions, etc. Much more interesting and better info, too.

Coach 57
07-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Honestly this time of yr I am just worried about my own kids' performance on the field Vs SEC media days. But I do catch the highlights on twitter while eating the good ole bologna sandwich & pork rinds my wife put in my lunch pail.

ckDOG
07-16-2013, 05:25 PM
I usually listen to what the ol' ball coach and the hat have to say. Other than that, really don't give a shit.

Political Hack
07-16-2013, 05:28 PM
SEC has a "media days?"

theloungeinleft
07-16-2013, 05:30 PM

Slight exaggeration.**

FlabLoser
07-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I like it. Got to hear Spurrier wonder why the Notre Dame AD is given the same status as conference commisioners.

cheat2win
07-17-2013, 07:09 AM
I like it as well, often hilarious. Going to be tough to beat yesterday with Muschamp calling out tOSU and a player asking if Bear Bryant is a cartoon character.

FISHDAWG
07-17-2013, 08:38 AM
that was classic Spurrier !! .... year before that it was the scheduling Ole Miss every season if it were up to him statement - yeah, I like media days

Spider-Man
07-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Couldn't care less.