PDA

View Full Version : It's official....SECN says we go 6-6

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 07:32 PM
We ain't going 6-6.

I. Can't. Fu(king. Wait.

Dawg61
08-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Good news is we will meet their expectations right after game 6 is over.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Good news is we will meet their expectations after game 6.

Haha, indeed. If they had any self respect at that point in the season, all these "analysts/journalists" would fall on their swords out of shame....I won't hold my breath for that to happen though.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 07:42 PM
The best part was when McElroy picked OM to win the EB because "they have too many certainties to unanswered questions".....I literally spit out my 16 year old Islay when he said that, lol.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2015, 07:44 PM
I feel dumber after watching that. McElroy quote: only team in the west that you can point to and say I can't guarantee significant improvement.

Earth to McElroy: no one can guarantee anything in preseason. There's no guarantee on Jeremy Johnson, Brandon Harris, whoever plays QB at UNM, or that Arkansas makes this mythical jump everyone predicts.

What makes me even crazier is that he says this after saying we have the best QB, a first round receiver in Bear, says we have talent at RB, and he isn't worried about our OL. The other dude concedes that it doesn't take long for defense to jell. Someone help me because I'm lost?

Dawg61
08-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Haha, indeed. If they had any self respect at that point in the season, all these "analysts/journalists" would fall on their swords out of shame....I won't hold my breath for that to happen though.

Haha all it'll do is set them up to say 'I told you so" if we ever lose a single game. We need to go 15-0 to shut these ****ers up!! Never seen this type of national media disrespect in life towards a team that was #1 for over a month before. Can you think of a single previous #1 to ever be picked to finish last in their division the next year ever? I can't think of any single team that comes anywhere close to that prediction of drop off. Can you?

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 07:48 PM
I feel dumber after watching that. McElroy quote: only team in the west that you can point to and say I can't guarantee significant improvement.

Earth to McElroy: no one can guarantee anything in preseason. There's no guarantee on Jeremy Johnson, Brandon Harris, whoever plays QB at UNM, or that Arkansas makes this mythical jump everyone predicts.

What makes me even crazier is that he says this after saying we have the best QB, a first round receiver in Bear, says we have talent at RB, and he isn't worried about our OL. The other dude concedes that it doesn't take long for defense to jell. Someone help me because I'm lost?

Reason is lost on those mooks.
http://media.giphy.com/media/75ZaxapnyMp2w/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Haha all it'll do is set them up to say 'I told you so" if we ever lose a single game. We need to go 15-0 to shut these ****ers up!! Never seen this type of national media disrespect in life towards a team that was #1 for over a month before. Can you think of a single previous #1 to ever be picked to finish last in their division the next year ever? I can't think of any single team that comes anywhere close to that prediction of drop off. Can you?

I could understand if they just said we wouldn't win the West/conference/NC, etc., but they're not saying "they'll take a step back, but will still be competitive", they are literally saying "everyone else in the West is leaving MSU in the Dust". That's where it goes from them not buying us as a legitimate threat, to essentially calling us scrubs.

Prediction? Pain.
08-28-2015, 07:56 PM
I haven't watched any televised preseason sports buffoonery this year, and it's looking like I'm no worse for it. (No cable in the off season. Abstention works better for me than moderation. You know, St. Augustine and so forth.)

You an Islay-malt man, Beardo? Peat, sea salt, cable-knit sweaters, all that crap? Laphroig's the only one I've had. Pretty solid stuff. Others to look out for?

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 08:00 PM
You an Islay-malt man, Beardo? Peat, sea salt, cable-knit sweaters, all that crap? Laphroig's the only one I've had. Pretty solid stuff. Others to look out for?

Big time, Pain. Laphroig is solid stuff. My go-to Islay is Lagavulin 16 (also my favorite scotch period). Talisker is good stuff too. Couldn't go wrong with either.

Prediction? Pain.
08-28-2015, 08:09 PM
I feel dumber after watching that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

TrapGame
08-28-2015, 08:11 PM
6-6?!! Wut?!!

I just got Forest Whitaker Eye trying to wrap my head around that.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Other than Kentucky, what other SEC game did they have us winning?

We ain't winning 6 games, but I will give them a break in saying that the difference between going 6-6 and 10-2 in the SEC West is extremely narrow.

However, Arkansas go 6-6, A&M 7-5, Ole Miss 8-4, and MSU 9-3 to 10-2.

When teams are this closely clumped together, you always take the best QB.

Same thing in baseball. Always take the team with the better pitcher on the mound, when teams are close.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2015, 08:14 PM
McElroy made me laugh. Somehow we are the only team in the SEC who somehow didn't improve. They also talked like we didn't have anyone besides Bear. They admitted our returning starters wasn't truly accurate but then dismiss them.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2015, 08:15 PM
LSU at home early was picked us. It was the only game they split and Dario had to pick the tiebreaker.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 08:21 PM
LSU at home early was picked us. It was the only game they split and Dario had to pick the tiebreaker.

They split Mizzou, too, but Dario picked them.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Other than Kentucky, what other SEC game did they have us winning?

We ain't winning 6 games, but I will give them a break in saying that the difference between going 6-6 and 10-2 in the SEC West is extremely narrow.

However, Arkansas go 6-6, A&M 7-5, Ole Miss 8-4, and MSU 9-3 to 10-2.

When teams are this closely clumped together, you always take the best QB.

Same thing in baseball. Always take the team with the better pitcher on the mound, when teams are close.

LSU.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Seriously I would have more respect for them if they said last year was a fluke because that's basically what they are saying. Obviously our defense can't get any better than last year because Gerri Green (whom I've heard no one on this board say we are depending on) is too young to make an impact. Bottom line they must be afraid to pick state because of the heat they will catch from other school fan bases.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
They split Mizzou, too, but Dario picked them.

That one is at least understandable, based on it being a home game and them being back-to-back SECE Champs.

All that said, we should all take a dump in a box and mail the boxes to SECN headquarters when we start out 6-0, 6-1.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Seriously I would have more respect for them if they said last year was a fluke because that's basically what they are saying. Obviously our defense can't get any better than last year because Gerri Green (whom I've heard no one on this board say we are depending on) is too young to make an impact. Bottom line they must be afraid to pick state because of the heat they will catch from other school fan bases.

Noticed they couldn't even pronounce "Gary" right. Apparently he's now "Jerry."

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 08:26 PM
That one is at least understandable, based on it being a home game and them being back-to-back SECE Champs.

All that said, we should all take a dump in a box and mail the boxes to SECN headquarters when we start out 6-0, 6-1.

Can't you just imagine the back-tracking?
- LSU just doesn't have things figured out...
- I guess we were all pre-mature on the J. Johnson train....
- It appears A&M/Chavis haven't got things figured out....
- rinse, repeat, ****off.

TUSK
08-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Yeah, uh No.... y'all have 4 ooc "locks"... + UK... That's 5 Ws....

I'd be surprised if yall went 1-5 in the remainder.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Another thing is that our defense wasn't great last year but there is no way Manny can improve it in just one year. Although LSU, A&M, and AU also got new DC but they should be improved.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Yeah, uh No.... y'all have 4 ooc "locks"... + UK... That's 5 Ws....

I'd be surprised if yall went 1-5 in the remainder.

Apparently that's too complicated for the geniuses in the media. I'll meltdown my cowbell if we lose to Northern Miss in Starkville.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 08:55 PM
One thing is for damn sure, MSU never wins the offseason and we have been blown out in this one, although we can't figure out how.

Although the season is vastly more important, I wish would could find a way to compete in the offseason a little better.

Dawg61
08-28-2015, 09:34 PM
One thing is for damn sure, MSU never wins the offseason and we have been blown out in this one, although we can't figure out how.

Although the season is vastly more important, I wish would could find a way to compete in the offseason a little better.

We need to start flooding the media, broadcasters, producers, writers etc. with MSU grads. Create the correct majors that attract the people that want jobs in these areas.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 09:50 PM
We need to start flooding the media, broadcasters, producers, writers etc. with MSU grads. Create the correct majors that attract the people that want jobs in these areas.

This is certainly a part of the problem. There is virtually no MSU media presence in terms of actual bodies. Meanwhile, Northern Miss has several actual media members. As much as we hate him, look no further than Shep Smith. Who do we have constantly talking us up, not just on the air, but to his peers? This has been one of my biggest disappointments with the SECN. Virtually every on air talent is from Bama, LSU, UGA, FL, etc. No representation from the smaller schools.

BulldogBear
08-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Noticed they couldn't even pronounce "Gary" right. Apparently he's now "Jerry."

I've heard Bo Bounds pronounce it "Jerry" many many times.

I got on here dying to say what many of you have already said so no reason to rehash. Just say wow. None of that logic made any sense nor any of their reasoning for others' success and our lack thereof.

So here's the new observation I'll make. They already have us beating LSU. So, no reason to be concerned when we win. Excuse already in place. It'll just be the SEC version of VPI over the Buckeyes. LSU loses (I think badly) but will still be a contender whereas we will curb stomp them but still suck. I think no perception of us for the season, even temporary, will change unless we beat Auburn at Auburn. Even going in 3-0 we'll still just be a cute girl, not a pretty one, in media eyes.

archdog
08-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Tom Lugi just said at halftime in the starkville game he thinks we have 1 win better record to end the season than UNM. Only thing he said was that Dak is marginally better at passing than Machine Gun. So we would have the edge. Preseason talking heads are full of shit.