PDA

View Full Version : just heard on SEC network.....

gravedigger
08-28-2015, 06:46 PM
"if Ole Miss or LSU can find a quarterback, watch out. There is no limit to how high they can go"

So I just wanted to say to all of you......if I could simply just find 10 million dollars, there is no telling how early I could retire.

just saying.

The abject ignorance that is going on right now in sports prognostication almost rises to the level of Neville Chaimberlain's appeasement of Hitler.

I get it. State cant be as good as last year because they lost the core of an important component: namely the offensive line. It's not an unfair assessment. But the level these morons go to is beyond comprehension.

Here is what I cannot wait for: the ENDLESS amount of excuses explaining why we are successful.

They have a weak non conference schedule. (by the way, I think this one is fair. I don't give a crap about our sec schedule. We have to do better than this and I'm glad we are mandated to in the future)
They havnt had the injuries other teams have. bull. we will experience the same, but we'll be more prepared because we've played more people the last 2 years.
They have a favorable home schedule vs their tougher teams. Funny. THOSE teams didn't get the criticism last year.
THis is a down year for the SEC. yea. whatever.
The ball bounced their way. excrement. name me 5 games we've WON due to the ball bouncing OUR way and I'll name you 10 we lost for the same reason.
Cowbells. The last gasp of weeping for the truly pathetic.

If Mullen hasn't used the 'us against the world' card yet he better get busy. This is a PRIME time to stick a finger in the eye of every so called expert in college football and then, during interviews, let them know we don't care.

It's time to go Oakland Raiders late 70's on some teams.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2015, 06:54 PM
It'll all be over soon enough. I can't wait for us to go on a roll.

Think of it this way. Their only other option is to say that half of the league is going to experience a major drop off because of lack of experience at the most important position. SECN and ESPN can't do that because they need the big fan bases watching. State is a sacrificial lamb right now. At the end of the day they get a good story again when/if we go on a roll. It sucks but we have to call them on it later this year and Mullen just has to consistently produce winners and EVENTUALLY we might get preseason respect.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2015, 07:10 PM
We're about to make all these bitches go get their 17ing shine box. Truth.

CadaverDawg
08-28-2015, 07:26 PM
I agree, grave...except about the schedule thing. We don't need a tougher OOC. I'd rather us go 10-2 with 4 cupcakes, than 8-4 with 2 OOC losses to Clemson and Oklahoma. We can win a National Title with 4 cupcakes on the schedule, so it baffles me that people would rather play tougher teams for entertainment, while hurting our chances at a National Title.

But I don't want this thread to turn into a schedule thread. Just giving my 2 cents.

Dawgcentral
08-28-2015, 07:36 PM
It boils down to beating Auburn, Bama, and LSU. Do that and you have arrived. Do that and the skeptics crawfish. Isn't that what we work toward? Tired of the speculation. Let's get the job done. We were two games short during the regular season last year. Finishing is big.

ChevChelios
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
"if Ole Miss or LSU can find a quarterback, watch out. There is no limit to how high they can go"

So I just wanted to say to all of you......if I could simply just find 10 million dollars, there is no telling how early I could retire.

just saying.

The abject ignorance that is going on right now in sports prognostication almost rises to the level of Neville Chaimberlain's appeasement of Hitler.

I get it. State cant be as good as last year because they lost the core of an important component: namely the offensive line. It's not an unfair assessment. But the level these morons go to is beyond comprehension.

Here is what I cannot wait for: the ENDLESS amount of excuses explaining why we are successful.

They have a weak non conference schedule. (by the way, I think this one is fair. I don't give a crap about our sec schedule. We have to do better than this and I'm glad we are mandated to in the future)
They havnt had the injuries other teams have. bull. we will experience the same, but we'll be more prepared because we've played more people the last 2 years.
They have a favorable home schedule vs their tougher teams. Funny. THOSE teams didn't get the criticism last year.
THis is a down year for the SEC. yea. whatever.
The ball bounced their way. excrement. name me 5 games we've WON due to the ball bouncing OUR way and I'll name you 10 we lost for the same reason.
Cowbells. The last gasp of weeping for the truly pathetic.

If Mullen hasn't used the 'us against the world' card yet he better get busy. This is a PRIME time to stick a finger in the eye of every so called expert in college football and then, during interviews, let them know we don't care.

It's time to go Oakland Raiders late 70's on some teams.

BRO, if you think the hate is bad on us now... wait til next year when Dak is gone. We wont have pre-season respect for another couple of years, likely after Fitz and Staley prove they are equally as bad ass as Dak. So, in other words, get used to the pre-season hate it isnt going anywhere.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 08:16 PM
I agree, grave...except about the schedule thing. We don't need a tougher OOC. I'd rather us go 10-2 with 4 cupcakes, than 8-4 with 2 OOC losses to Clemson and Oklahoma. We can win a National Title with 4 cupcakes on the schedule, so it baffles me that people would rather play tougher teams for entertainment, while hurting our chances at a National Title.

But I don't want this thread to turn into a schedule thread. Just giving my 2 cents.

Nailed it. Don't understand the push for a tougher OOC schedule. Saban is a bitch who will have HUNH banned before long.

gravedigger
08-28-2015, 09:36 PM

I understand the argument against a tougher schedule. But here is the rub. IF that is met, meaning we play just one school that is from a major conference each year, this argument goes away. I don't care. Heck, we CANT play a tougher opponent. THERE IS NO TEAM tougher than the sec west. Screw trying to mitigate the danger. That is for Ohio State and Texas. Play the sombiches and beat them.

I'm a little old school, I realize. I used to be more pragmatic. But damnit. When some jackwaggon calls you out, answer the bell and shut them up.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2015, 09:45 PM
I understand the argument against a tougher schedule. But here is the rub. IF that is met, meaning we play just one school that is from a major conference each year, this argument goes away. I don't care. Heck, we CANT play a tougher opponent. THERE IS NO TEAM tougher than the sec west. Screw trying to mitigate the danger. That is for Ohio State and Texas. Play the sombiches and beat them.

I'm a little old school, I realize. I used to be more pragmatic. But damnit. When some jackwaggon calls you out, answer the bell and shut them up.

I hear what you're saying. The problem is I don't believe the media will ever give us respect in football. They constantly move the goal posts. When we do one thing, it's always "Good for you, but you still have to do this..." It's like the GOP Establishment believing the media will like them and give them a fair shake.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2015, 09:47 PM
One of those half time guys on ESPNU says we have a better season than Ole Miss.

Dawgface
08-28-2015, 09:55 PM
It makes no difference what they say now. If we can get it done on the field, we get the last laugh.

Bothrops
08-28-2015, 10:05 PM
We need our big boys to come through.

BulldogBear
08-28-2015, 10:44 PM
I hear what you're saying. The problem is I don't believe the media will ever give us respect in football. They constantly move the goal posts. When we do one thing, it's always "Good for you, but you still have to do this..." It's like the GOP Establishment believing the media will like them and give them a fair shake.

This^^^^

It's all wishful thinking. They don't want us to be good. Ever. Therefore we aren't.

A good conspiracy theorist would say all the negativity is in hopes that it may hurt our recruiting at least a little! So it's strategic!

dickiedawg
08-29-2015, 06:17 AM
We're going to have to vastly overachieve (in the eyes of the media) three straight years before they give us any respect.
Even if we win 10+ games again this year, next year it will be "there's no replacing Dak Prescott" and we'll have to earn it all over again.
If that team wins 8 or 9 games (regular season), they'll have no choice but to believe we've reached the "reload" stage.

basedog
08-29-2015, 06:25 AM
This is just me but I don't get all worked up about preseason prediction or hype. Ever since I can remember Msu has never got much good karma from the media. I don't understand all the pissed off post to be honest.

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the first game and see what happens, getting all worked about what he said she says is a waste of time cause nobody knows until the ball has been kicked off! Expectations are high for Msu fans but no respect from the media is no big deal. Thank goodness this madness will stop in one short week.

Hailstate!

RC3
08-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Historically, it seems that the slightest bit or preseason respect has ended in seasons not going so well for us. I'm fine with being the dawg but the nation will see again the second week

1bigdawg
08-29-2015, 09:48 AM
We're going to have to vastly overachieve (in the eyes of the media) three straight years before they give us any respect.
Even if we win 10+ games again this year, next year it will be "there's no replacing Dak Prescott" and we'll have to earn it all over again.
If that team wins 8 or 9 games (regular season), they'll have no choice but to believe we've reached the "reload" stage.

Actually, even if we win ten+ this year (which I expect) and 8 or 9 next year, they will still talk about us losing our offensive line and predict us to be bad again. The funny thing about all of this "they lost their Offensive Line" thing is that last year, not once did I hear them say we had a great offensive line or that it was the core of our team.

TUSK
08-29-2015, 03:07 PM
I think if y'all whack a couple of good teams on national tv, perception will begin to shift... y'all jus gotta get over the hump...

DownwardDawg
08-29-2015, 03:45 PM
I think if y'all whack a couple of good teams on national tv, perception will begin to shift... y'all jus gotta get over the hump...

Yeah, but next year in the offseason we'll be picked last again. If we win the West this year, we'll be picked last next year.

Dawgface
08-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but next year in the offseason we'll be picked last again. If we win the West this year, we'll be picked last next year.

True. We could win the NC and the media will pick us last in the SEC next year. But that's ok, just piss off the boys to prove them wrong again.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 04:15 PM

We got over the hump last year.

Before that it was..."need to beat a West team not named Ole Miss"...we beat Auburn...so it changed to "need to beat an Alabama or LSU"....we humiliated LSU at night in Death Valley....now it's "you gotta get over the hump"....what the F*ck is the hump?!

Basically they're saying we gotta win the West....yet our little sisters to the North haven't sniffed that and talking heads are waiting in line to slobber over them. Let's face it....college football has become more about recruiting than winning as a whole. And one clearly does not equal the other...just look at us finishing higher than Ole Miss on the field 5 straight seasons, as an example.

TUSK
08-29-2015, 07:20 PM

Before that it was..."need to beat a West team not named Ole Miss"...we beat Auburn...so it changed to "need to beat an Alabama or LSU"....we humiliated LSU at night in Death Valley....now it's "you gotta get over the hump"....what the F*ck is the hump?!

Basically they're saying we gotta win the West....yet our little sisters to the North haven't sniffed that and talking heads are waiting in line to slobber over them. Let's face it....college football has become more about recruiting than winning as a whole. And one clearly does not equal the other...just look at us finishing higher than Ole Miss on the field 5 straight seasons, as an example.

Dude, I'm with you on ALLLLLL of that.... I concur.... I'm just saying the "media" is gonna pick on you guys until they see what "they" consider some "bigtime" Ws over some really good teams that finish well, also...

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2015, 07:27 PM

THIS GUY GETS IT!!!

Nice post C-Dav.

I'm with you. I have no earthly idea where or what the hump is. Personally, I think it ALL comes down to recruiting rankings.

In some ways, I wonder if winning is boring to the media & isn't really all that fun to talk about. It's much more fun to prognosticate about what may happen than what does happen. In MLB, It's much more fun to talk about off season trades than it is to watch the the St. Louis Cardinals have 83 wins before September.

The media likes to say "what if" because "what if" gets ratings and talking about "what if" plays directly into wheelhouse of recruiting rankings.

The problem for MSU is that recruiting rankings give you good publicity & branding for 12 months out of the year & winning only gives you good publicity for about 4 months.

Sex sells and recruiting is sexy, it's the tease & seduction rather than just being nude. Winning with underrated players from towns that no one has ever heard of, simply isn't sexy.

BulldogBear
08-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Dude, I'm with you on ALLLLLL of that.... I concur.... I'm just saying the "media" is gonna pick on you guys until they see what "they" consider some "bigtime" Ws over some really good teams that finish well, also...

They saw it last year. The "down" year for historical blue bloods is a myth. More often than not they have a collapse. The down years don't come until there have been several. Last year might truly have been a down year for Tennessee but for LSU and Auburn it was NOT a down year. They were 8-4 BECAUSE they lost to us, not because they were "down." Beat us and they're 9-3, not a "down" year. That's a myth. It's all about the mathematics. Only one team can win a any given game.

TUSK
08-29-2015, 08:17 PM
They saw it last year. The "down" year for historical blue bloods is a myth. More often than not they have a collapse. The down years don't come until there have been several. Last year might truly have been a down year for Tennessee but for LSU and Auburn it was NOT a down year. They were 8-4 BECAUSE they lost to us, not because they were "down." Beat us and they're 9-3, not a "down" year. That's a myth. It's all about the mathematics. Only one team can win a any given game.

I actually consider AU as a "quality" win despite their record, BB... they did finish ranked 22nd, after all....

LSU, however, was pretty dysfunctional, IMO... especially before Beckwith was starting...

I'm not attempting to prove a media bias versus MSU.... just speculating on "why?"... just like you cats.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 08:22 PM

Wasn't directing my post at you...just using your words as a perfect example of what the media says yearly.

And for the record, we beat 3 straight top 10 teams. That's "over the damn hump", regardless of what anybody says. And spare me the "well LSU ended up dysfunctional"....the reason they ended up dysfunctional is because we went in and effing castrated them on their home field in front of 100,000 corn dog smelling carneys, and TOOK THEIR ABILITY TO FUNCTION. So maybe crossing the "hump", was when we ripped 100,000 Cajun hearts out in their own yard, and destroyed their season. That's "over the hump".

that is all.

maroonmania
08-29-2015, 08:22 PM
THIS GUY GETS IT!!!

Nice post C-Dav.

I'm with you. I have no earthly idea where or what the hump is. Personally, I think it ALL comes down to recruiting rankings.

In some ways, I wonder if winning is boring to the media & isn't really all that fun to talk about. It's much more fun to prognosticate about what may happen than what does happen. In MLB, It's much more fun to talk about off season trades than it is to watch the the St. Louis Cardinals have 83 wins before September.

The media likes to say "what if" because "what if" gets ratings and talking about "what if" plays directly into wheelhouse of recruiting rankings.

The problem for MSU is that recruiting rankings give you good publicity & branding for 12 months out of the year & winning only gives you good publicity for about 4 months.

Sex sells and recruiting is sexy, it's the tease & seduction rather than just being nude. Winning with underrated players from towns that no one has ever heard of, simply isn't sexy.

Yes, the recruiting rankings have seemingly become the default criteria to separate teams now when "starters" are lost. In our case our replacements weren't ranked high enough to be given any value even though they were still ranked higher out of HS than the guys they are replacing were. Its an endless cycle. And if we somehow get over this mythical moving "hump" this year it won't matter next year because we will have lost Dak. Therefore, they will have plenty of ammo to put us right back at the bottom again.

DancingRabbit
08-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Well, we didn't get anybody fired last year.

We need the AD's disrespecting us this year. Fire those sumbitches after we whip their ass.