PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Cam Cameron diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Terrible break for and wishing him the best of recovery.

This certainly shouldn't turn into a "is this good or bad for MSU", but what are the chances he is calling plays against us in 2 weeks?

mcain31
08-28-2015, 05:38 PM
It depends on how far along the cancer is

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Hopefully they caught it early, he gets his prostate out and he is calling plays from the booth by the second week. Hate to hear that

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2015, 06:09 PM
He plans on coaching this season.

Dawg496
08-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Damn. That sucks. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Todd4State
08-28-2015, 08:41 PM
The weird thing is I think the MSU/LSU game is supposed to be prostate cancer awareness night.

Hate to hear that about him though.

Bucky Dog
08-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Prostate cancer is one of the most curable cancers and depending and what stage it is in, he should be able to work and manage it properly. Isn't that what the Colts coach had a few years ago? His was far along and had to do chemo but I believe he is fully recovered.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Every male will get Prostate cancer if they live long enough. That is why 1 out of every two males will get cancer. Prostate is not a bad cancer. Heck in a lot of cases they treat it with seeds. Men over 70 don't even get treated. What younger me have to worry about is it getting to the back bone. Not trying to take the seriousness away from it but I know a lot of men who have had it or has it including my 53 year old brother.

1 out of every three women will get cancer. Just wanted to throw that out there.

ScoobaDawg
08-29-2015, 02:42 AM
Every male will get Prostate cancer if they live long enough. That is why 1 out of every two males will get cancer. Prostate is not a bad cancer. Heck in a lot of cases they treat it with seeds. Men over 70 don't even get treated. What younger me have to worry about is it getting to the back bone. Not trying to take the seriousness away from it but I know a lot of men who have had it or has it including my 53 year old brother.

1 out of every three women will get cancer. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I have to disagree with you as my uncle died of prostate cancer.
Cancer is cancer if not caught / treated.

Jack Lambert
08-29-2015, 06:01 AM
I have to disagree with you as my uncle died of prostate cancer.
Cancer is cancer if not caught / treated.

The cancer is going to spread but it is a very non progressive cancer and yes men have died in the past but as far as cancer goes if you are going to get it thats the one. My uncle is 79 years old and has prostrate cancer and they are not treating it. He is going to die of smothing else before he dies of cancer. My brother had his prostrate removed but the doctor thought it was something else at first and gave him a Steriod that cause the cancer to spread. My brother said he would hot have had it removed if it didn't spread. He would have treated it with radiation. My boss at work learned he had it. He was 63. The doctors were only going to seed it but he wanted the prostrate removed. Week later had his prostrate removed. No more treatment and he was at work the following week.

I am not trying to make light but prostrate cancer is so common doctors just don't freak out over it.

ScoobaDawg
08-29-2015, 01:59 PM
The cancer is going to spread but it is a very non progressive cancer and yes men have died in the past but as far as cancer goes if you are going to get it thats the one. My uncle is 79 years old and has prostrate cancer and they are not treating it. He is going to die of smothing else before he dies of cancer. My brother had his prostrate removed but the doctor thought it was something else at first and gave him a Steriod that cause the cancer to spread. My brother said he would hot have had it removed if it didn't spread. He would have treated it with radiation. My boss at work learned he had it. He was 63. The doctors were only going to seed it but he wanted the prostrate removed. Week later had his prostrate removed. No more treatment and he was at work the following week.

I am not trying to make light but prostrate cancer is so common doctors just don't freak out over it.

It's true. I'll also add I now realize it's been 16 years and yea a lot of advancement has been made.