PDA

View Full Version : Can Ole Miss replace Bo Wallace?

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 02:54 PM
We had this discussion in another thread, but I did some research & wanted to highlight the findings.

We all know that last season & years before, there has been "Good Bo" & "Bad Bo". However, with the exception of the LSU game last season & Arkansas, when Bo was injured, Bo Wallace was almost exclusively "Good Bo" in every SEC game.

Here are the findings:

Against Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Auburn, & MSU, Bo Wallace had a combined 57% completion %, 1 INT, 1,263 yards, 10 TDs, 181 rushing yards, & 1,444 total yards of offense.

This breaks down to an average of 57% completion percentage, .02 INTs, 252.6 yards passing, 2 TDs, 36.2 rushing yards, & 288 yards of total offense per game

Does that sound like a player that will be easy to replace?

Sure Bo had his ups and downs, but most of the downs came against inferior opponents in games Ole Miss was going to win anyway. Against quality SEC opponents, Bo Wallace was almost exclusively good & gave Ole Miss an enormous boost.

These are not game manager numbers & Ole Miss will need a play maker at QB, in big games, to win this year.

If someone could tell me how to upload a photo or paste an excel file, I would show the data

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2015, 02:58 PM
How dare you present facts!!! Bo sucked and they could put the water boy in there and win the natty when you've got the world's greatest defense and NFL talent riding the bench at WR. Nat'l championship or bust

Jack Lambert
08-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Hell in the average Mississippi black bear mind they are still trying to replace Ely and the next guy in line is always the next Ely.

LC Dawg
08-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Can Ole Miss replace Bo Wallace?
They have a campus full of douchebags so I don't see why not.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 03:07 PM
How dare you present facts!!! Bo sucked and they could put the water boy in there and win the natty when you've got the world's greatest defense and NFL talent riding the bench at WR. Nat'l championship or bust

Exactly, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story. If Bo repeated these performances against the crappy teams on Ole Miss' schedule, Bo would've been a fringe Heisman candidate with that 10/1 TD/INT Ratio

This is what it comes down to for me. It's not about whether Chad Kelly or Buchanan is better than Bo Wallace, it's if they can play virtually perfect against Alabama, MSU, Texas A&M, Florida, & Auburn. That's what Bo did & that's what it's going to take.

BulldogBear
08-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Can Ole Miss replace Bo Wallace?
They have a campus full of douchebags so I don't see why not.

Hereby nominated for post of the day^^^^

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Exactly, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story. If Bo repeated these performances against the crappy teams on Ole Miss' schedule, Bo would've been a fringe Heisman candidate with that 10/1 TD/INT Ratio

This is what it comes down to for me. It's not about whether Chad Kelly or Buchanan is better than Bo Wallace, it's if they can play virtually perfect against Alabama, MSU, Texas A&M, Florida, & Auburn. That's what Bo did & that's what it's going to take.

How soon they forget about when Bo came through in the clutch. He had some poor games with poor decisions, but he had just as many games where he was a hell of a QB

BulldogDX55
08-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Bo played to his competition (except TCU and Arky). He also had the right skill set for OM's offense. While they might be able to find someone who can put up bigger numbers against their lesser opponents, it'll be hard to find someone who did what he did in the big games.

scottycameron
08-28-2015, 04:06 PM
HE WAS CERTAINLY ONE OF THE GREATEST TO EVER LACE EM UP. A ROCKET ARM AND EVER SO GRACEFUL IN AND OUT OF THE POCKET. MAYBE ONE DAY WE'LL HAVE A QB AS GREAT AS BO. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A BO FATHEAD ON YOUR WALL OT IS IT JUST ME?

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2015, 04:12 PM
HE WAS CERTAINLY ONE OF THE GREATEST TO EVER LACE EM UP. A ROCKET ARM AND EVER SO GRACEFUL IN AND OUT OF THE POCKET. MAYBE ONE DAY WE'LL HAVE A QB AS GREAT AS BO. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A BO FATHEAD ON YOUR WALL OT IS IT JUST ME?

Jesus Christ what is your deal dude. Just like in the other thread, nobody is comparing Bo to Dak or saying he is as good. Shotgun is pointing out the fact that he was a decent SEC QB who had more good days than bad and OM is going to see the effects of this. Go take your meds

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 04:34 PM
BTW, East Mississippi CC scored 69 points last night without either Bo Wallace or Chad Kelly

Billy Ray Valentine
08-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Hereby nominated for post of the day^^^^

+1

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-28-2015, 09:38 PM
I can only hope they fall flat on their face but that QB they got coming in and the stable of WR's they have, they should be dangerous if they can maintain the power on defense. I think they got a pretty good RB coming up too they got last year...As much as I hate to say it..They may having something brewing up in Oxford.

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2015, 09:44 PM
I can only hope they fall flat on their face but that QB they got coming in and the stable of WR's they have, they should be dangerous if they can maintain the power on defense. I think they got a pretty good RB coming up too they got last year...As much as I hate to say it..They may having something brewing up in Oxford.

Haha nice troll job

scottycameron
08-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Haha nice troll job

they got something brewing alright. RB they got? LOL. I don't recall them getting a RB since Mcallister and Gunn.

SDDawg
08-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Bottom line is that they can't. And Bo scored 3 points on TCU and was blanked by Arky, and he's the best they've had since Eli. Yah, it's gonna be tough for them and only an Oxford homer/idiot will disagree with that.

Quit fearing the Bears y'all, they ain't nothing and won't be so quit worrying they might back into a good season. Not gonna happen.

Schultzy
08-29-2015, 12:34 AM
I think they'll miss his running ability.

They have no qbs that can run the ball and I just don't see how you can be effective offensively in the college game if your qb can't run a lick.