PDA

View Full Version : Dari Nowkhah (SECN) "Whoever OM puts at QB will be better than Bo"

DancingRabbit
08-28-2015, 12:09 PM
That's some Grade-A dumbassery. This was on Chris Vernon's radio show in Memphis.

Question was, "who do you really like a lot more based on what you've learned over the last month?" Surprise, surprise - Dari says OM and Tenn - the two biggest fanbases in Memphis.

What Dari really likes about OM? "Their depth." (like OL and LB?) "And, if they can just get a running game going they are going to be tough to stop."

I'm telling you folks are going realize that the numbers Bo put up with no running game, while getting sacked 31 times were pretty amazing.

Bully13
08-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Lived in Memphis 12 yrs....I am so shocked by this *****

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Well....They've only got a week left to talk. So, go ahead, say whatever you want to say because beginning in a week, we are really going to find out who can play and who can't

I wish the media had accountability for poor predictions & analysts

5 Star
08-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Chris Doering and those idiots on SEC Now were saying the same thing essentially last night. Said at worse, the quarterback will just need to be a game manager. Lunacy.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Chris Doering and those idiots on SEC Now were saying the same thing essentially last night. Said at worse, the quarterback will just need to be a game manager. Lunacy.

Agree. Must have an above average running game to have a game manager QB. Ole Miss can't rely on winning 17-0 and have a chance to win 9 games

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2015, 12:34 PM
That's some Grade-A dumbassery. This was on Chris Vernon's radio show in Memphis.

Question was, "who do you really like a lot more based on what you've learned over the last month?" Surprise, surprise - Dari says OM and Tenn - the two biggest fanbases in Memphis.

What Dari really likes about OM? "Their depth." (like OL and LB?) "And, if they can just get a running game going they are going to be tough to stop."

I'm telling you folks are going realize that the numbers Bo put up with no running game, while getting sacked 31 times were pretty amazing.

Wasn't Bo preseason 3rd team SEC? So a guy that was around top half of the league is now easily beaten out by a couple of guys that have played zero meaningful snaps.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
When we won in 99, we at least had Dicenzo and Dontae. Their defense will not be as good as that 99 defense either.

Liverpooldawg
08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
If the two that were on the team last year were better than Bo then why weren't they playing more last year?

shannondawg
08-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Has any of them ever been fired for being wrong most of the time?

LeakyD
08-28-2015, 12:39 PM
OM led Boise and Memphis 7-3 well into the 3rd quarter. They scored 3 vs TCU, 0 vs Ark, and 7 vs LSU. Their past performances are forgiven by media with no 2nd thoughts. Yet our late season road losses are held against us. Seems logical.

TrapGame
08-28-2015, 12:49 PM
They think Freeze's offense is plug and play. It's not.

BeastMan
08-28-2015, 12:50 PM
That's the groupthink response that's permeated all offseason. I think Bo was under appreciated. We shall see.

5 Star
08-28-2015, 12:58 PM
When we won in 99, we at least had Dicenzo and Dontae. Their defense will not be as good as that 99 defense either.
We also had an abnormally easy SEC draw that year. I'm not trying to cut us down, but it was simply the truth. LSU, Vanderbilt, Auburn and Oklahoma State had losing records, and South Carolina was 0-11. Kentucky, Ole Miss and Clemson were our best wins. Ole Miss won't have that luxury this season.

And yeah, our offense wasn't great. Matt Wyatt was responsible for about 4 of those wins.

scottycameron
08-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I've seen it all now. A no shit goldilocks loveliest on ED. Screw that, he sucked. I don't think he could throw the ball 40 yards. The other 2 guys obviously suck worse than he does.

CottonDog
08-28-2015, 01:25 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=01Dn53H2ZLw

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2015, 01:41 PM
He was a decent QB. I find it funny that last year they were angry that Bo wasn't voted over Dak on the preseason teams but now apparently Bo sucked and anyone will be an improvement.

thf24
08-28-2015, 01:43 PM
He was a decent QB. I find it funny that last year they were angry that Bo wasn't voted over Dak on the preseason teams but now apparently Bo sucked and anyone will be an improvement.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Even if Bo sucked, he still shouldn't have been voted lower than a fullback.**

Todd4State
08-28-2015, 01:49 PM
One thing about Bo that no one talks about is he had four years of experience in Freeze's system if you count his freshman year at Arkansas State.

He was not a good QB, but he knew their system and he could get hot at times.

The other thing that Ole Miss fans aren't talking about is if Ryan Buchanan was indeed significantly better than Bo, why couldn't/didn't he beat Bo out last year? If you take out Buchanan's game against Presbyterian last year where he went 6/7 he finished 6/15 on the season. And that only gets worse considering he went 4/7 against Vanderbilt.

msstate7
08-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Bo's toughness will be missed. That oline let him get hit a lot. Will the new qb be able to stand up to that punishment?

BeastMan
I've seen it all now. A no shit goldilocks loveliest on ED. Screw that, he sucked. I don't think he could throw the ball 40 yards. The other 2 guys obviously suck worse than he does.

He didn't suck. He owned Geoff Collins on one leg in last year's EB. He had his moments of WTF but he didn't suck. Not even close.

BeastMan
Bo's toughness will be missed. That oline let him get hit a lot. Will the new qb be able to stand up to that punishment?

That's a great point. That guy got hammered every week.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Bo was a reckless college QB that was capable of making plays and, most of all, was mentally tough.

Bo also was effective on the zone read and picking up 6 yards.

I'm just curious how Kelly will handle the running part of their offense & replace Bo's mental and physical toughness.

Those aren't easy shoes to fill.

Dawgtini
08-28-2015, 02:08 PM
That's the groupthink response that's permeated all offseason. I think Bo was under appreciated. We shall see.

I too think he was under appreciated. Several bears here in my office think Bo was horrible and won't be missed. They basically think he was the reason they didn't make the Natty. Oh, but he had a good game against Bama. ???? yeah.

Pollodawg
08-28-2015, 02:16 PM
You don't replace a three year starter at the most important position on the field in this league and expect no hiccups. Stupid statement is stupid statement.

mstatefan91
08-28-2015, 02:17 PM
I know we made light of Bo for 3 years, but the guy was mentally tough and did do a lot of things right. Of course, he had his Dr. Bo moments, but overall, he was a solid college QB with a horrible offensive line.

Bottom line: he will be sorely missed by the bears this year.

scottycameron
08-28-2015, 02:27 PM
So which one of you wants first crack at president of the new goldilocks fan club? That guy sucked. He couldn't carry Dak's jock. He had a one good game against Bama and two good games against us and that was about it. He had one of the weakest arms I've seen in the SEC. I think you guys are just focused on our game with them last year, and understandingly so, but that performance was highly unusual for wallace.

Dawg61
08-28-2015, 02:32 PM
So which one of you wants first crack at president of the new goldilocks fan club? That guy sucked. He couldn't carry Dak's jock. He had a one good game against Bama and two good games against us and that was about it. He had one of the weakest arms I've seen in the SEC. I think you guys are just focused on our game with them last year, and understandingly so, but that performance was highly unusual for wallace.

It's very simple. When he was playing he sucked. Now that he's gone he doesn't suck. See that way we can **** with Bear's heads the most.

DancingRabbit
08-28-2015, 02:39 PM

Nobody is comparing him to Dak. Considering the O-line and running game he had, he did pretty good.

I just said the guys they have now were unlikely to duplicate what he did.

A quick google search pulled up this from the CL:

But Wallace's supporters can point to this: he leaves the school with six career records.

Total offensive yards: 10,478
Passing efficiency: 140.8
Completion percentage: 63 percent
Yards per attempt: 8.04
300-yard passing games: 11
Total plays: 1,544

Wallace is second to Eli Manning in four major categories: yards (9,534), touchdowns (62), completions (747) and attempts (1,186).

5 Star
08-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Guy comes in from JUCO and takes a team that had went 9-4, 4-8 and 2-10 to 6-6, 8-5 and 9-4 again.
Second behind Eli Manning in Ole Miss passing yards for the career and single season
Second behind Archie (and ahead of Eli) for passing yards in a single game
#1 all-time at Ole Miss in total offense for a single season and career
#2 in total touchdowns behind Eli Manning

All that says you are an idiot. I'm as consistent as I've ever been on a player in this case. Bo Wallace was always a good quarterback. There was a reason we, Texas and others wanted him, and it wasn't that nonsense about making Ole Miss waste a scholarship. It was because we knew what he would bring to the table. Just because our fans said (hoped) he sucked doesn't make it so. Randall Mackey sucked. Bo Wallace didn't.

TrapGame
08-28-2015, 03:10 PM

And there was that game against Presbyterian. **

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Posted in another thread, but just wanted to make sure people fully understood what Bo Wallace did against quality competition last season.

We had this discussion in another thread, but I did some research & wanted to highlight the findings.

We all know that last season & years before, there has been "Good Bo" & "Bad Bo". However, with the exception of the LSU game last season & Arkansas, when Bo was injured, Bo Wallace was almost exclusively "Good Bo" in every SEC game.

Here are the findings:

Against Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Auburn, & MSU, Bo Wallace had a combined 57% completion %, 1 INT, 1,263 yards, 10 TDs, 181 rushing yards, & 1,444 total yards of offense.

This breaks down to an average of 57% completion percentage, .02 INTs, 252.6 yards passing, 2 TDs, 36.2 rushing yards, & 288 yards of total offense per game

Does that sound like a player that will be easy to replace?

Sure Bo had his ups and downs, but most of the downs came against inferior opponents in games Ole Miss was going to win anyway. Against quality SEC opponents, Bo Wallace was almost exclusively good & gave Ole Miss an enormous boost.

These are not game manager numbers & Ole Miss will need a play maker at QB, in big games, to win this year.

If someone could tell me how to upload a photo or paste an excel file, I would show the data

mic
08-28-2015, 04:02 PM
I too think he was under appreciated. Several bears here in my office think Bo was horrible and won't be missed. They basically think he was the reason they didn't make the Natty. Oh, but he had a good game against Bama. ???? yeah.

Easy on the Natty...

mic
08-28-2015, 04:05 PM
The main thing here is the the 2 backups that have been in the system 2 years aren't good enough to start over a Juco ticking time bomb that may not be any better..

BiscuitEater
08-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Guy comes in from JUCO and takes a team that had went 9-4, 4-8 and 2-10 to 6-6, 8-5 and 9-4 again.
Second behind Eli Manning in Ole Miss passing yards for the career and single season
Second behind Archie (and ahead of Eli) for passing yards in a single game
#1 all-time at Ole Miss in total offense for a single season and career
#2 in total touchdowns behind Eli Manning

UNM fans insist that it is TOTALLY unfair to compare Dak with EITHER Archie OR Eli. Different time .. different game. Ergo .. that would ALSO apply to comparing Bo with the royalty. Sorry that's just taboo .. 5 yard penalty.

Really Clark?
08-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Maybe it's just me, but when I think of Bo all I can seem to recall is Whatley tea bagging him. That's what I want to remember of Bo.

msstate7
08-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Maybe it's just me, but when I think of Bo all I can seem to recall is Whatley tea bagging him. That's what I want to remember of Bo.

That was a great moment. Bo hurt us in his career though. Glad he's gone...

dawgwood
08-28-2015, 04:44 PM
OM led Boise and Memphis 7-3 well into the 3rd quarter. They scored 3 vs TCU, 0 vs Ark, and 7 vs LSU. Their past performances are forgiven by media with no 2nd thoughts. Yet our late season road losses are held against us. Seems logical.
With a defensive coordinator I think we would've finished a lot better. Especially against tsun and Good Bo Bad Bo.