PDA

View Full Version : good article on Martinas Rankin. # 1 Juco O.T. in the nation fighting for a starting

Bully13
08-27-2015, 08:19 PM
role. this bodes well for our O.L. I think someone touched on this a little while back.

great attitude he seems to have. this guy could have gone to a lot of places. he probably knows he would have been a starter at tsun day 1 before he even put on the pads or maybe even OU too. he knew the challenge coming to MSU because like he said "we told him the truth". he was up for the challenge. I hope he excels and gets to play on Sundays one day.

I think we will be just fine if the # 1 Juco tackle in the country is still trying to work his way to a starting role. we've come a long way from the days we had to throw Siddoway in before he was really ready a few years back. this makes me feel pretty good about our O.L. and the offense overall.

http://insidemsusports.com/2015/08/27/rankin-not-fazed-by-competition/

Bass Chaser
08-27-2015, 08:57 PM
I hope we can redshirt him.

Bully13
08-27-2015, 09:05 PM
I hope we can redshirt him.

does anybody really in the know actually think there is a chance of that happening?

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2015, 10:22 PM
does anybody really in the know actually think there is a chance of that happening?

Absolutely. Warren has stepped up big time. Why waste a year for Rankin to play maybe 10-20 snaps a game when we have the depth to make it without him? Barring a season ending type of injury to someone, at least. You can always pull the RS off him in that situation.

missouridawg
08-28-2015, 07:04 AM
Absolutely. Warren has stepped up big time. Why waste a year for Rankin to play maybe 10-20 snaps a game when we have the depth to make it without him? Barring a season ending type of injury to someone, at least. You can always pull the RS off him in that situation.

If Rankin is one of the best 8 or 9 OL, he needs to play this year.

Quaoarsking
08-28-2015, 07:27 AM
If we expect Rankin to start next year, but that Warren is just a little better, it would be preferable to RS Rankin so we can have him in 2017.

(Unless we think he'd jump to the NFL after the 2016 season, but if that were a realistic possibility, I can't imagine him not winning the job this year.)

Coach34
08-28-2015, 07:36 AM

gonna happen unless we have an injury at OT

HoopsDawg
08-28-2015, 11:17 AM
gonna happen unless we have an injury at OT

Rankin is not redshirting. He is our 6th O-linemen right now.

msstate7
08-28-2015, 11:33 AM

Glad you back.

Homedawg
08-28-2015, 11:44 AM

He might not. Remains to be seen. But as of today- we are going to try to redshirt him. As of today!!! Jenkins is the 3rd tackle.

Coach34
08-28-2015, 12:24 PM

Jenkins is our 3rd OT

HoopsDawg
08-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Jenkins is our 3rd OT

I'm sorry, but that's inaccurate. Jenkins is good though. There have been some thoughts about moving him to Guard. He has worked a little there in practice.

HoopsDawg
08-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Glad you back.

Thanks man. Still my favorite board despite the over sensitivity of the mods.

Technetium
08-28-2015, 02:38 PM
I have learned to trust HoopsDawg above most others on this board for my behind-closed-doors information.

Johnson85
08-28-2015, 03:09 PM
If we expect Rankin to start next year, but that Warren is just a little better, it would be preferable to RS Rankin so we can have him in 2017.

(Unless we think he'd jump to the NFL after the 2016 season, but if that were a realistic possibility, I can't imagine him not winning the job this year.)

Depends on what options we have for a 3rd tackle. We're going to have to have a back-up, and if we're going to be good this year, I don't think you redshirt Rankin if we don't have a comparable backup option.

Coach34
08-28-2015, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry, but that's inaccurate. Jenkins is good though. There have been some thoughts about moving him to Guard. He has worked a little there in practice.

what I'm telling you is not a guess.