PDA

View Full Version : Herbstreit makes his Conference Champ Pics....

TUSK
08-27-2015, 07:26 PM
BEST PASS RUSHER

Tennessee?s Derek Barnett and Texas A&M?s Myles Garrett were nominated, but Ohio State?s Joey Bosa earned the honor.

THE ENFORCER

Jamal Adams from LSU received praise, but lost out to Ohio State?s Darron Lee.

WELCOME TO THE PARTY

Herbstreit likes Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson to make a huge splash this fall.

HERBIE?S CONFERENCE WINNERS
Big Ten: Ohio State Buckeyes over Wisconsin Badgers
Big 12: Oklahoma Sooners
SEC: LSU Tigers over Tennessee Volunteers
ACC: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets over Florida State Seminoles
Pac-12: Arizona State Sun Devils over Stanford Cardinal

HERBIE?S PLAYOFF PICKS
LSU, Arizona State, Oklahoma and Ohio State

IMissJack
08-27-2015, 07:31 PM
TCU>OU in Big 12
LSU???

DancingRabbit
08-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Herbie's a likable guy, but he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2015, 08:40 PM
I used to look up to Herbie as the level headed, professional college football analyst that had a way of seeing things for what they are. However, I'm not sure what's happened over the past few years, but he's lost that. He seems to have become an analyst that says off the wall things and has an agenda.

Not sure what's happened him, but he's really lost something that used to make him special.

TUSK
08-27-2015, 08:52 PM
I used to look up to Herbie as the level headed, professional college football analyst that had a way of seeing things for what they are. However, I'm not sure what's happened over the past few years, but he's lost that. He seems to have become an analyst that says off the wall things and has an agenda.

Not sure what's happened him, but he's really lost something that used to make him special.

not so sure about an "agenda"... hell, the only picks I found likely were Ohio State related...

Bully13
08-27-2015, 09:02 PM
it's hard to find honest sports media guys these days that show true objectivity. they work for guys who care about nothing but ratings. nobody outside MSU Nation wants to see us have back to back strong years. the thought of it just seems to get under people's skin. so they sell something palatable to their customers. I can see where someone who looks only at the surface where we lost some great players and had a year end collapse could see us falling off to a degree but what they are predicting is ridiculous. tsun has no proven qb and had a late season collapse as well besides whipping our ass which was already whipped before we rolled into that shit town. yet they just can't seem to get enough dixie dik.

17 them. I want to stick it up their ass as much as I ever have.

Pollodawg
08-27-2015, 09:23 PM
it's hard to find honest sports media guys these days that show true objectivity. they work for guys who care about nothing but ratings. nobody outside MSU Nation wants to see us have back to back strong years. the thought of it just seems to get under people's skin. so they sell something palatable to their customers. I can see where someone who looks only at the surface where we lost some great players and had a year end collapse could see us falling off to a degree but what they are predicting is ridiculous. tsun has no proven qb and had a late season collapse as well besides whipping our ass which was already whipped before we rolled into that shit town. yet they just can't seem to get enough dixie dik.

17 them. I want to stick it up their ass as much as I ever have.

I've never understood that either. People seem to get extra chippy about MSU when we're doing well.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2015, 09:31 PM
I've never understood that either. People seem to get extra chippy about MSU when we're doing well.

It's because it leaves them with no excuses.

It's comforting to believe that Alabama is better than you only because they have more resources and tradition or to know that Auburn is better than you because they cheat in recruiting. However, when MSU is better than you, then what excuse do you have?

The perception is that MSU being better than you is a direct insult upon the foundation of your football program. That's why they get upset.

5 Star
08-27-2015, 09:42 PM
There have been some fuzzed up predictions this year. They are all over the place.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2015, 10:31 PM
There have been some fuzzed up predictions this year. They are all over the place.

It's an unusually hard year to call the SECW. Like Dan has said, every school in the west thinks they have a chance to go to Atlanta and can give you some reasoning for it.

But LSU and Oklahoma? Hell OK had 2 assistants fired, 2 more moved on and everybody else changed titles except Mike Stoops, who interviewed for the DC job at LSU.

FISHDAWG
08-28-2015, 07:44 AM

that would be David Pollack

blacklistedbully
08-28-2015, 08:04 AM
It's because it leaves them with no excuses.

It's comforting to believe that Alabama is better than you only because they have more resources and tradition or to know that Auburn is better than you because they cheat in recruiting. However, when MSU is better than you, then what excuse do you have?

The perception is that MSU being better than you is a direct insult upon the foundation of your football program. That's why they get upset.

Interesting thought. Hadn't considered that.

thf24
08-28-2015, 08:08 AM
It must be the trendy thing among media types this year to love on teams without QB's. Maybe it's one big inside joke.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2015, 08:31 AM
I just need our media dept to put together a compilation of all this shade being thrown at us. It will not only motivate our players but it will rev up the fan base to show up and make NOISE for State. We need to remind the clowns of their picks as the season develops.

SignalToNoise
08-28-2015, 08:56 AM

Seems like last year he was okay. I remember him rebutting the Twitter mob a few times when they would accuse ESPN of just loving the SEC, etc. That might have been someone else, though. Regardless, the LSU/Tenn pick doesn't even feel biased- it feels totally random and stupid. It really makes no sense to me.

Dawg496
08-28-2015, 09:08 AM
I just need our media dept to put together a compilation of all this shade being thrown at us. It will not only motivate our players but it will rev up the fan base to show up and make NOISE for State. We need to remind the clowns of their picks as the season develops.

When we have the year we all expect, they need to release that video on YouTube for the world to see.

Bama_Dawg
08-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Just another media doubter. Until then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ecsb_cZyY

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Interesting thought. Hadn't considered that.

Yeah, as a competitor, it's tough to admit when you got beat. It's much more comforting & protects your pride to blame it on the other side having tons more money than you or that the other side cheated. There is a solemn pride that one keeps when blaming others. When you aren't able to keep that pride, due to being beaten by a perceived lesser force, it cuts to the heart of your pride & makes you mad.