PDA

View Full Version : OT - need help from some cord cutters

coastratdog
08-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Trying to hook up an indoor antennae thru the coaxial cable port. TV says"no signal". Says it wants me to select a device I want to view. When I press input on the remote it gives me several options such as; TV, HDMI 1&2 and a few more. I tried TV but the screen shows a blank screen with the word "analog" and a number. Any advise as to what to do?

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 05:07 PM
I don't but I myself am a cord cutter. I got Sling TV with the sports package for 25 a month and ATT internet. That's all I need.

5 Star
08-27-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't but I myself am a cord cutter. I got Sling TV with the sports package for 25 a month and ATT internet. That's all I need.
I heard there is a big problem with things being blacked out on Sling TV? If I could get all the sports, then that, with an HD antenna and streaming box, would seem to be all you need.

Sports seem to be the big hiccup. Does sling cover ESPN, SECN, Fox Sports, Golf Channel, etc?

coastratdog
08-27-2015, 06:03 PM
This is an HD antenna. How come it's not producing a picture?

DancingRabbit
08-27-2015, 06:16 PM

Go to Menu, select Channel, then select Auto-Tuning.

It will scan through all the channels to see which ones you can pick up.

Skydawg1
08-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Yep, you have to auto-tune/scan for the channels in order for the tv tuner to recognize the OTA signals.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2015, 06:29 PM
And "TV" is the right choice for your Input.

MsStateBaseball
08-28-2015, 09:02 AM
Sling has ESPN and SEC sports. MLB will be on it next year I think.

Coach007
08-28-2015, 09:16 AM
I am a cord cutter. I have not had cable or sat in 5 years. You have to auto tune. Sling tv is great! It's not just ESPN. It's espn 2,U,news, etc. to date, I have missed very few games.... Can't remember the last one that I did miss.

My bill was over 200 every month for tv and Internet! Never will I pay that again.

Bama_Dawg
08-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Like Coach said, you have to auto-tune, discovery, or scan for all of the channels. Be careful, as some TVs will scan analog or digital, then a setting for analog and digital. Either way, make sure you scan digital to get the HD channels. If you only scan for analog, you will be disappointed.

Good luck, I hope all goes well for you!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-28-2015, 09:27 AM
What internet speeds are you guys using for SlingTV?

Coach007
08-28-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm using 50 with Comcast. 25 was working fine, but I found out I could be getting 50 @ 5 dollars cheaper. Amazed that I wasn't told by the great cable company! Aren't you!?

Also, be careful with your internet use. Some companies are now trying to cap your usage or charge you more for going over "x" amount.

Last thing, sling tv is not my end all solution to watching games. I use a lot of other things

sandwolf
08-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Also, be careful with your internet use. Some companies are now trying to cap your usage or charge you more for going over "x" amount.

Does Comcast not do this? I have Comcast cable and internet now, and I have been considering making the switch to SlingTV but I figured that my internet bill would just go way up and it wouldn't wind up saving me nearly as much as it looked like it would on paper.

civildawg
08-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Pretty sure I read that Comcast has a 300 gb a month cap. I could be wrong though

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Last thing, sling tv is not my end all solution to watching games. I use a lot of other things

Such as?

Coach007
08-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Does Comcast not do this? I have Comcast cable and internet now, and I have been considering making the switch to SlingTV but I figured that my internet bill would just go way up and it wouldn't wind up saving me nearly as much as it looked like it would on paper.

Here, people complained about it and with the option of switching to another company they delayed putting it into practice.

The poster is correct with Comcast. 300gigs and the. They charge you $10 for the next 50gigs.

My set up has saved me a ton of money! Remember that you can dictate how much bandwith sling tv uses. If you are a normal tv user, I would think you would save

Coach007
08-28-2015, 10:52 AM
Such as?

I used Justin tv for a long time, But the company folded. One of the best solutions to work around black outs and all that is to use ESPN 3. You can use a VPN for free.... Then the game is then not blacked out.

MadDawg
08-28-2015, 10:54 AM

Oh good thing you got an "HD" antenna instead of the standard definition antenna.