PDA

View Full Version : New Commit

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Quentin Holmes 6-2 185 from Elmhurst NY.
Excellent OF, ranked 118 nationally by PG.
Class of 2017.
This is our 7th commit.

Recruiting is nationwide.

bulldogcountry1
08-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Can we now confirm all the guys from 2015 who didn't return?

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 04:02 PM
The only 2 I don't know about are Jacob Billingsley and Myles Gentry. When I get back to a computer I will list departures.

Bully13
08-27-2015, 04:08 PM
What's the skinny on this new yorker? ....connection somewhere? That's a pretty high ranking, no?

Todd4State
08-27-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure of the connection- we probably saw him at PG. But I will say this- he hit 7 home runs in a state that only plays about 20 games a year. He's also 6'2" right now and he has a chance to grow some. Runs a 6.39 60 as well. He represented the state of New York in the National Power Showcase as well.

This is a guy that we might have a hard time keeping in a couple of years. He sounds like someone with five tool potential at the very least.

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 04:48 PM
They just had a big tournament in the Mets stadium I think. Plus he is a traveler. He goes to Emerson Ga a lot. He went to Ft Myers for the Jr. PG National which is a huge deal. I am sure we saw him at Ft Myers then followed him around. IMO, anything 1-300 is a legit talent. Why bc they are seen by many of the PG guys and are graded consistently. So yes, 118 is great. What will happen is the rankings will go up and down up until draft day for that class. We had 6 in the top 100 for 2015 with 3 going pro. Ford is in college he was ranked 84 I think. Small and Marrero were ranked that high but dropped to low 100's in late May.

Todd4State
08-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Can we now confirm all the guys from 2015 who didn't return?

Levi Mintz, Jesse McCord (may come back after JUCO), Myles Gentry, Jacob Billingsley, Paul Young, Paxton Stover, Preston Brown, Joey Swinarski, Aaron Dominguez- and then there is one guy who left during the season that I can't recall off the top of my head.

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 04:57 PM
The players who left are:

Paul Young (judging by his twitter) don't know where he went.
Levi Mintz, just going to school
Preston Brown, Medical school
Jesse McCord, going to JC to get reps and get stronger, may come back next year
Aaron Dominquez
Paxton Stover, going to JC
Joey Swinarski, going to Emory Riddle
Trent Waddell is on the team but I don't think he will make it.

Just by counting heads in a pic I saw, I counted 41 which is about right. Usually Cohen brings in that amount. Just remember, Cohen is not a bad guy, he will not cut someone right before the season. He will tell them during the summer or in November so they can make plans. But with Waddell who will be a senior, he will most likely stay in school for his degree.

My count is 17 returnees (school count per summer release) plus 22 newcomers (add Jack Kluger from California, a catcher), that is 39. The injured guys Billingsley and Gentry plus Waddell who didn't play summer ball according to school.

Waddell may be the insurance. Any freshman that won't be RS but leaves by January may put him on. I am thinking 5-7 freshman will be RS.

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 05:00 PM
https://www.facebook.com/MSStateBaseballFan/notes

This is my new facebook account. I have everything here.

engie
08-27-2015, 05:37 PM
This year should be another peak with a glimpse to the future as well... No excuses not to host this coming season.

Madisonmd
08-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Mahoney was let go during school year I believe

Todd4State
08-27-2015, 05:51 PM
Mahoney was let go during school year I believe

That's who I couldn't remember.

BankerDog
08-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Levi Mintz, Jesse McCord (may come back after JUCO), Myles Gentry, Jacob Billingsley, Paul Young, Paxton Stover, Preston Brown, Joey Swinarski, Aaron Dominguez- and then there is one guy who left during the season that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Paul Young and Andrew Mahoney are both on campus.

MsStateBaseball
08-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Mahoney was on the team but went home I think bc his arm. I always though the might come back when his arm was better. Not totally sure but this is what I think. I'm just going by Youngs Twitter. He changed pic back to JC one and he said June 16, change is good. Who knows? Maybe a pic of him will be released before 9/15.

Todd4State
08-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Paul Young and Andrew Mahoney are both on campus.

They may be on campus, but I'm pretty sure they aren't on the team. Just like Mintz is still on campus- and maybe Preston also. Not sure when he starts med school.

If Young comes back after what he allegedly did this spring by being late to practice and then cussing at Cohen about it- I'd be fairly disappointed.

Schultzy
08-27-2015, 08:05 PM
This year should be another peak with a glimpse to the future as well... No excuses not to host this coming season.

I don't see it, unless the new guys coming in to the program are awesome. I'm hoping for 2017 to be back in regional play.