PDA

View Full Version : A rude awakening is coming for someone. Apparently we are now a 4-8 team.

MadDawg
08-27-2015, 09:36 AM
I mean the gurus on SECN have now predicted us to lose to Kentucky. At home. That is the easiest SEC game on our schedule and the so-called experts expect us to lose. If we can't beat Kentucky at home who can we beat in the SEC?

Someone is going to be shocked this season.

AFDawg
08-27-2015, 09:43 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

TrapGame
08-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Wasn't that from that moron from UGA?

He's a pathetic excuse for a sports journalist.

Again, our defense will be the biggest surprise in the SEC this season. Manny will shut down most of the offenses we face. UK will be one of them.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Wasn't that from that moron from UGA?

He's a pathetic excuse for a sports journalist.

Think it was McElroy that said it.

TrapGame
08-27-2015, 09:57 AM

He's not any better.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Good lord, somebody keep a copy of that.

Coach34
08-27-2015, 10:26 AM
We have 4 guys starting on D that are projected draft picks this coming April- not counting the other ones in future drafts
We have the SEC's best QB
We have by most accounts- a top 5 SEC WR
We have 2 four star RB's
We lost 2 starters on the OL for 2014- and had our best OL to date under Mullen. Now that we have lost 3 starters for 2015- there is no way we can replace those guys and be any good

4-8 here we come

Vetdawg32
08-27-2015, 10:29 AM

It was in fact Stinchcomb (sp?) that said it. He called the lose while McElroy picked us to win, saying that our questionable offensive and defensive groups would have had time to gel by then.

Peter Burns or whatever his name is was the tie breaker as he also picked UK to win

PMDawg
08-27-2015, 10:46 AM
He's not any better.

Not sure if serious....

Surely not.

maroonmania
08-27-2015, 10:51 AM

I normally think of McElroy as one of the better analyst on the SECN. I would be pretty shocked if he actually predicted KY to beat us in Starkville.

TrapGame
08-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Not sure if serious....

Surely not.

Compared to Stinch he's freaking Howard Cosell.

Stinch is a pompous jackwagon.

FISHDAWG
08-27-2015, 11:35 AM

nope ... it was that idiot Stinchcomb. He never gave us any credit last year when we were # 1 for 5 weeks ..... McElroy was surprised that Stinchcomb picked UK

Mjoelner34
08-27-2015, 11:49 AM
It was in fact Stinchcomb (sp?) that said it. He called the lose while McElroy picked us to win, saying that our questionable offensive and defensive groups would have had time to gel by then.

Peter Burns or whatever his name is was the tie breaker as he also picked UK to win

Stinch-comb
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Carnac.jpg
What you get after you brush his mother's sweaty back hair.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2015, 11:51 AM
This is how the media works & this is where MSU suffers due to being a small market & not having any connection on the SEC Network to right the ship of logic

It's all about momentum. People think Arkansas will be improved and all the sudden people say Arkansas will win the West and people say MSU lost some players and all the sudden they are picked last and are losing to Kentucky.

The good thing is that MSU hasn't played yet. This has all been made up in people's minds & the truth has been lost.

The media has done an injustice to other SEC fan bases for misrepresenting MSU. I fully expect other fans to have no clue that we are a really good team when they play us.

BossDawg
08-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Really? Every time I have seen him he has been very complimentary of Mullen and MSU. Can't see him predicting us to lose to KY. I've been very wrong before though.

Bothrops
08-27-2015, 12:14 PM
4-8 is just moronic, silly, and ridiculous. People hate us, I get it, but to let ignorant thinking reach this level is just remarkable.

cheewgumm
08-27-2015, 12:14 PM
REJOICE!!!

This is the best thing that could happen to us.

1) Helps our team's motivation.
2) So, does this mean Kentucky will be over-confident coming to Starkville?

MetEdDawg
08-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Here's what I find hilarious. If you look back at the teams Mullen has fielded over the course of his career, the worst record wise was 5-7. That team was led by Tyson Lee and we lost 5 games by 10 or more points. Dixon was the star of that team. The DL was nasty with Cox, Boyd and McPhee, but look at some of these starters. WR was Bump, O'Neal Wilder and Brandon McRae. The OL was Sherrod, Saulsberry, Brignone, Tobias, and Lawrence. Brandon Wilson was a LB and Karlin Brown received significant time at LB as well

This year we have the best QB in the conference who led the 6th best offense in the history of the SEC in Dak Prescott last year. One of the best WR tandems in the conference including Bear who is a Top 5 WR in the conference. We have 2 OL who started all of last year with 2 more that have starting experience in SEC games. DL is nothing but juniors and seniors who have all played in AT LEAST 1 full year of SEC games, but most have played in more. Kiper says the best senior CB in the nation in Redmond with Calhoun a senior who has started multiple years. LB with a returning starter in Benny Brown and Richie Brown who also has multiple years of playing time. This starting 22 has at a minimum 11-12 draft picks on it.

But this team is going to finish 4-8 or 5-7. Yeah that makes no sense to me and how the media can continue to rationalize this just baffles me. This is a prove it year. Can we prove that the media HAS to begin to not only take us seriously but do their homework on our roster? We have to do that.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2015, 12:26 PM
4-8 is just moronic, silly, and ridiculous. People hate us, I get it, but to let ignorant thinking reach this level is just remarkable.

They don't hate us. They simply don't know us.

If MSU had a presence on the SEC Network, my guess is that the predictions would be more favorable. MSU doesn't have a voice to counter negative insight about our team. Therefore, it runs rampant & grows

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2015, 12:28 PM
I can't wait for week 3 when we hear the first "I knew people were selling MSU short, they have a lot of experienced guys on both sides of the ball, and as long as they have Dak....."
My guess is Pollack will be the first to say it.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2015, 12:30 PM
I can't wait for week 3 when we hear the first "I knew people were selling MSU short, they have a lot of experienced guys on both sides of the ball, and as long as they have Dak....."

And they entire MSU fan base should give the media the middle finger when they say that.

BulldogBear
08-27-2015, 12:37 PM
And they entire MSU fan base should give the media the middle finger when they say that.

Yes, call them on it and bring it up often.

defiantdog
08-27-2015, 01:42 PM
So...... they play us after Auburn and before Tennessee. They have true freshmen playing at the receiver position. They have small running backs (and our linebackers are faster). They have new defensive players in key positions. We should win this game.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2015, 01:53 PM
nope ... it was that idiot Stinchcomb. He never gave us any credit last year when we were # 1 for 5 weeks ..... McElroy was surprised that Stinchcomb picked UK

The thing about guys like that they know they can say crazy stuff like that because if it doesn't happen it will never be mention again but it it does than he can say he was a genius.

08-27-2015, 02:00 PM
The thing about guys like that they know they can say crazy stuff like that because if it doesn't happen it will never be mention again but it it does than he can say he was a genius.

This exactly. I still remember our preseason segment last year when McElroy immediately scratched losses against LSU, Auburn, and Bama.

scottycameron
08-27-2015, 02:04 PM
We have 4 guys starting on D that are projected draft picks this coming April- not counting the other ones in future drafts
We have the SEC's best QB
We have by most accounts- a top 5 SEC WR
We have 2 four star RB's
We lost 2 starters on the OL for 2014- and had our best OL to date under Mullen. Now that we have lost 3 starters for 2015- there is no way we can replace those guys and be any good

4-8 here we come

Watch out C34, that seems a little bearish, lol.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2015, 02:04 PM
They have the video up on the SEC site. McElroy was surprised when Burns took Kentucky.

Don't know much about Burns but Stinchcomb is definitely an idiot.

http://www.secsports.com/video/13520544/breaking-wildcats-2015-matchups

08-27-2015, 02:12 PM
They have the video up on the SEC site. McElroy was surprised when Burns took Kentucky.

Not a lot behind the wheel for those two guys. They do realize these games are happing with this years teams and not last right?

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2015, 02:16 PM

Wow, brutal. You'd think the SEC Network could find more competent people than this.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Shit guys, my bad...guess that's what I get for thinking haha I thought it was strange for McElroy to say something that stupid in the first place and hadn't seen the video. I just saw some SECn text of the 8-4 prediction for KY.

LC Dawg
08-27-2015, 03:15 PM

Stinchcomb also picked Kentucky to beat Missouri but was outvoted by the other two. So Stinchcomb predicts Kentucky to go 9-3.
When these idiots make these predictions and are grossly wrong is there any way to call them on it? Are most of them on Twitter and will they engage fans if they call them out on things?

Dawgface
08-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Their concensus 8-4 record for KY seems overly optimistic to me.

Bothrops
08-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Their concensus 8-4 record for KY seems overly optimistic to me.

Funny, I originally picked Kentucky to go 3-9 when schedules were released. Now I'd say 5-7. Wins- Vandy, E Kentucky, Charlotte, ULL, and one of SC/Louisville/Florida.

maroonmania
08-27-2015, 04:47 PM
REJOICE!!!

This is the best thing that could happen to us.

1) Helps our team's motivation.
2) So, does this mean Kentucky will be over-confident coming to Starkville?

At this point I would assume EVERY team we play will be over-confident when they play us if their players listen to these baffoon talking heads.

Bothrops
08-27-2015, 06:42 PM
At this point I would assume EVERY team we play will be over-confident when they play us if their players listen to these baffoon talking heads.

Nobody we play will be over confident if we beat Lsu. Some will be pessimistic.

Billy Ray Valentine
08-27-2015, 07:19 PM
This is how the media works & this is where MSU suffers due to being a small market & not having any connection on the SEC Network to right the ship of logic

It's all about momentum. People think Arkansas will be improved and all the sudden people say Arkansas will win the West and people say MSU lost some players and all the sudden they are picked last and are losing to Kentucky.

The good thing is that MSU hasn't played yet. This has all been made up in people's minds & the truth has been lost.

The media has done an injustice to other SEC fan bases for misrepresenting MSU. I fully expect other fans to have no clue that we are a really good team when they play us.

Only LSU. After that everybody will know

Statefan
08-27-2015, 07:30 PM
UK does have the couple of extra days rest after they get smashed by AU on Thursday night, but we are at home and play LTech the week before.... what were these SECN guys smoking

somebodyshotmypaw
08-27-2015, 07:55 PM
The media is very inconsistent. They said our O-line would suck last year because of lack of talent. It would suck because Clausell and Day were 2-stars and Beckwith was a walk-on. They said we needed more talent. So now we replace Day and Beckwith with 3-stars, and bring in the top JUCO tackle in the country to replace Clausell (although Warren won the job). Now they say we can't win because we lost 3 quality starters. Even though the 3 starters that we lost were the ones they told us were no good.

maroonmania
08-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Only LSU. After that everybody will know

Nah, they will probably just say LSU is not as good as expected.

BulldogBear
08-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Nah, they will probably just say LSU is not as good as expected.

This^^^^

Unless we are 4-0 after the Auburn game, no one will know. We will still suck and so will LSU

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2015, 10:33 PM

Might be Jesse Palmer, too. Damn sure won't be any of the SEC Network clowns. Seriously, why can't they get a couple of analysts from the non-Big 7 on the Network? Every single f'n one of them is from Bama, LSU, or UGA. There is NO representation for the smaller non-traditional power schools.