PDA

View Full Version : LSU

msstate7
08-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Read this article ( http://deadspin.com/deadspin-25-can-someone-get-lsu-a-decent-quarterback-1726722428 )about lsu. Here's the part I found interesting:

...I really want to say yes. I have my doubts regarding the defense?can they continue to hum under Kevin Steele and with a depleted front seven while trying to install a 3-4 package??but that?s not even the biggest problem.

Is lsu really switching to a 3-4? If they are then my confidence level is going up about this game. I don't see anyway they will have a 3-4 down by week 2.

thf24
08-27-2015, 09:27 AM
I don't see anyway they will have a 3-4 down by week 2.

That and they'd be trying to jump straight into it with what they've got instead of recruiting the right personnel for a year or two. I'm no expert but that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

msstate7
08-27-2015, 09:31 AM
That and they'd be trying to jump straight into it with what they've got instead of recruiting the right personnel for a year or two. I'm no expert but that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I feel the same. Pro teams struggle early in the year switching to a 3-4. You know a college team will.

TrapGame
08-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Holy Crap!

Les is crazy! I's almost like he's trolling the fan base now!

Bama_Dawg
08-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Les is lining up the excuses:

"Those bells were too loud, they rang them at inappropriate times. They should be banned."
"The defense is in a transition, and we didn't adjust."
"We really missed Jalen Mills."
"The grass tasted funny."

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-27-2015, 09:59 AM
I feel the same. Pro teams struggle early in the year switching to a 3-4. You know a college team will.

The Titans looked like swiss cheese trying to switch to 3-4 last year.

RBritt
08-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Re watched the LSU game last night. We gave em 14 points on turnovers, love gave them 14 points, and we also dicked ourselves out of some more. We had 2nd and goal on the 2 and got a false start which led to 3. We also ran Griffin 3 times in a row from the five and they stopped us on 4th and goal. We had 2nd string O in with Dak at Qb. Should have let Dak or J Rob ram it in there Evan Stone style and there's be no talk about how they almost won. Good luck on that QB toasting Calhoun and Redmond. We had them beat physically and mentally. Should have let Dak or JRob get that last TD and there'd be no Brandon Harris shit show being hyped.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2015, 10:43 AM
They're staying in a 4-3.

msstate7
08-27-2015, 10:48 AM
They're staying in a 4-3.

Doesn't that raise questions about how Steele coaches a 4-3 then? Steele is 3-4 guy

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Doesn't that raise questions about how Steele coaches a 4-3 then? Steele is 3-4 guy

You would think that had to be discussed in interviews. They are playing a 4-3 this year though.

msstate7
08-27-2015, 10:55 AM
You would think that had to be discussed in interviews. They are playing a 4-3 this year though.

Probably the smart thing to do. If you don't have a true ng, 3-4 defenses are nothing

Dawgtini
08-27-2015, 11:18 AM
"The grass tasted funny."
Thanks, Bully! ***

Bothrops
08-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Lsu has now moved to my 2nd most hated team. I don't think we quite understand the favor we'd do ourselves to beat them. As a fanbase and school.

LC Dawg
08-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Re watched the LSU game last night. We gave em 14 points on turnovers, love gave them 14 points, and we also dicked ourselves out of some more. We had 2nd and goal on the 2 and got a false start which led to 3. We also ran Griffin 3 times in a row from the five and they stopped us on 4th and goal. We had 2nd string O in with Dak at Qb. Should have let Dak or J Rob ram it in there Evan Stone style and there's be no talk about how they almost won. Good luck on that QB toasting Calhoun and Redmond. We had them beat physically and mentally. Should have let Dak or JRob get that last TD and there'd be no Brandon Harris shit show being hyped.

This is what I've been telling people. We led them by 24 early in the 4th quarter. Everything they got we gave them.
I just don't see them coming into our place and beating us unless we are even more generous than we were last year.

defiantdog
08-27-2015, 01:49 PM
LSU will still be a predominant 4-3 team, but they'll flash some 3-4 in there. They have to get that front seven under control though. They have a secondary that can compete with anyone, but they're having issues in the defensive trenches. Hell, for once, they're having serious issues on the offensive line as well.