PDA

View Full Version : Is it official that Bear will be suspended a game?

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 03:28 PM
I have not heard officially yet or did I miss it?

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 03:32 PM
We never announce suspensions. Don't know why that would change now. And depending on the infraction, the suspension could be the first half or the whole game. Most of us assume it's just for the first half, but expect to have the game well in hand by then. Thus the speculation that he won't play at all against USM.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 03:35 PM
We never announce suspensions. Don't know why that would change now. And depending on the infraction, the suspension could be the first half or the whole game. Most of us assume it's just for the first half, but expect to have the game well in hand by then. Thus the speculation that he won't play at all against USM.

Thanks!

ONe question, Does the player know what the suspension will be or does he find out game day or a few days before?

7dawg
08-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Is it even a given that he will be suspended? Most on here have concluded this. I am sure if he is he was told a long time ago. It would be a big let down to find out on game week you are not playing.

I know of his arrest, but I assume the coaches would have had him tested to exonerate him. If the test was negative, then he should be catching several TD'S game 1.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2015, 03:42 PM
I would assume he at least knows he will be suspended. Now whether he knows for how long...maybe that depends on how he conducts himself between the infraction and game time. Pure speculation on my part.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks!

ONe question, Does the player know what the suspension will be or does he find out game day or a few days before?

You generally know when you violate team rules. Getting arrested for marijuana is pretty self obvious. I'm sure Bear has known and/or was told for quite a while now.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Is it even a given that he will be suspended? Most on here have concluded this. I am sure if he is he was told a long time ago. It would be a big let down to find out on game week you are not playing.

I know of his arrest, but I assume the coaches would have had him tested to exonerate him. If the test was negative, then he should be catching several TD'S game 1.

It's not about the drug test per se. I'm sure an arrest is a violation of team rules. Whether he pisses clean or not isn't at issue.

thf24
08-26-2015, 03:48 PM
It's not about the drug test per se. I'm sure an arrest is a violation of team rules. Whether he pisses clean or not isn't at issue.

Yeah, I'm sure as far as Mullen is concerned it's more about the situation he voluntarily put himself in rather than just the fact that he was arrested.

DancingRabbit
08-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Based on past history with Dan, Bear will probably miss the first game.

I don't remember any half-game suspensions during Dan's tenure. I suspect Bear knows what will happen but Dan never announces suspensions until game day, or the day before.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 03:55 PM
You generally know when you violate team rules. Getting arrested for marijuana is pretty self obvious. I'm sure Bear has known and/or was told for quite a while now.

Did he have marijauna or was it marijuana paraphernalia?

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 04:00 PM

Bear didn't have anything on him, but one of his buddies in the vehicle did. Either way, that isn't the issue. It's that he got arrested. 1 game suspension, no big deal as I see it. Keeps him fresh and ready to unleash hell on LSU.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2015, 04:01 PM
It was in a car he was riding in. Not sure anyone said it was theirs so they all went down for possession.

DancingRabbit
08-26-2015, 04:02 PM

Both

7dawg
08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
He should have taken Chris Carter's class before said incident. Fall Guy!

Coach34
08-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Yes, Mullen tells the player long before game week. Player is also told not to tell anyone

we won't know for sure until game day- but I don't see any way he plays based on the way Mullen has handled everything to this point at State. And I have no problem with him sitting

GreenheadDawg
08-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Yes, Mullen tells the player long before game week. Player is also told not to tell anyone

we won't know for sure until game day- but I don't see any way he plays based on the way Mullen has handled everything to this point at State. And I have no problem with him sitting

If we need Bear to win this game then we are in serious trouble anyway

maroonmania
08-26-2015, 05:12 PM

On the bright side it helps ensure Bear is healthy going into the LSU game.

CadaverDawg
08-26-2015, 05:35 PM
On the bright side it helps ensure Bear is healthy going into the LSU game.

It also gives Morrow, Fred Brown, and specifically Donald Gray, more snaps in game 1...which I'm looking forward to seeing. I just hate it for Bear's stats. But it was his fault, so...

DistrictDawg92
08-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Bear has told people himself that he will be suspended. It will be a good opportunity for some younger guys to get some experience "on the road". This suspension will be the only reason Bear won't get 1000 recieving yards.

SDDawg
08-27-2015, 02:26 AM
Tunsil will be taking the game suspension for Bear as part of a goodwill program between the "Flagship" university and POS. **

CadaverDawg
08-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Tunsil will be taking the game suspension for Bear as part of a goodwill program between the "Flagship" university and POS. **

Yea, if you want to see a difference between NMU and MSU, watch Tunsil start their first game after assault and receiving impermissible benefits, while Bear sits an entire game for a friend having pot on him in the car. If Tunsil played for us, he probably wouldn't suit up until the NCAA announced its findings, just because we'd want to make sure we maintained self control in case they found something. Ole Miss doesn't play by the rules, they show zero integrity as a program, yet the NCAA will never do anything, nor will the Faux Preacher coach up there.

Maroonthirteen
08-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Another couple of players.......

We shall see if Coach Jim Bakker suspends them....Elston and Stringfellow. Both arrested and charged with disorderly conducted and resisting after assaulting a student.

http://wreg.com/2015/01/22/two-ole-miss-football-players-arrested/