PDA

View Full Version : Engie- O-U Stadium

dickiedawg
07-16-2013, 08:11 AM
The thread on sps got me thinking. I have not been to a game at Ole Miss since their most recent expansion/renovation in 09. But judging from the seating chart, it looks like their seats down the lines suffer from the same problems ours would if they were extended.
I perceive their original structure and ours to be similar.

I'm not trying to troll or continue to bash a dead horse over the skull. I'm just curious how UM skirted the issue or if their rf and lf line seats are as terrible as it looks like they might be. I know you like their park.

I actually am all for tearing down and building anew, mainly because of how awesome I think the new parks with open air concourses are, like Trustmark and TD Ameritrade.

engie
07-16-2013, 11:57 AM
There are some sight line issues at Swayze as well. Make no mistake about it. But they aren't as bad as Dudy Noble -- since the initial grandstand is further from the field and runs several degrees more parallel to the base lines. Can't show this from my phone, but will from my computer when I get back.

What I'm doing has nothing to do with a love affair with Swayze. It has its issues. I'm just using that angle to continue to rally our fans to "do more" with Dudy Noble. IMO all OM did was spend 2/3 the price of a brand new stadium to make an "old" stadium nice. As nice as they made it, it's still 2 steps behind Baum, Carolina, and Alex Box -- and there's no way they can overcome that in the current design.

I just don't want to see us make the same "mistake"...