PDA

View Full Version : USM Crosses the Line with MSU Game Propoganda

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2015, 09:53 AM
You can tell USM hasn't had a big game in a while, & doesn't know how to handle the build up.

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/593/813/3813593.jpg

BorneDawg
08-26-2015, 10:00 AM
I say hang as many points as we can score on them! don't take foot off gas till final whistle!#HAILSTATE

Ralph
Did the university put this out?

archdog
Well that is the best thing they could come up with. I mean, their students, faculty, and administration were not snart or talented enough to go to a real university. Their creativity is on par with what they have. It's the best they can do. This reminds me of a kids macaroni picture. It sucks, everyone knows it sucks, but you tell them it's good just the same.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2015, 10:04 AM
They even gave it a WWE championship belt. Was Bjork in on the design?

I do hope this makes it to our locker room. Ifyouonlyknew...I assume you will take care of this?

MSUDeltadawg1971
08-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Is that a yellow version of Foghorn Leghorn?

Drugdog
08-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Yep. An ass whipping needs to happen. They are truly embarrassing.

Pollodawg
08-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Please tell me this isn't official. And if it is, the brass down there needs to issue an apology ASAP. That is one the most disrespectful, lowdown, trashy things I have ever seen. If I were a USM alumnus, I would absolutely hang my head in shame. Somethings, you don't joke about.

missouridawg
08-26-2015, 10:17 AM
You know, if this was the first game in the series, I could see them advertising the hell out of it. But after that beatdown last year in Starkvegas, I'm surprised they are pushing this game as much as they are.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2015, 10:22 AM
They should take a note from South Alabama.

DancingRabbit
08-26-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm sure that's not from the school.

I was going to say - it's just one idiot on facebook. Then I did a google search trying to find the origin of the pic.

Didn't find what I was looking for, but did find more crap that's worse and plenty of buzzard fans think it's funny. We need to tell our 2nd team to hang 50 on them in the 2nd half.

http://southernmiss.forums.rivals.com/threads/heres-a-funny-for-yall.5571/

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2015, 10:33 AM
I just noticed the highly prejudice beard on the bulldog

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Someone needs to let them know that real americans don't kept getting their asses whipped like they have the past three years. Yeah real americans get knocked down everyonce in a while but we get right back up and comense to kicking ass. They have failed to do that.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 10:39 AM
If Mullen doesn't score as many points as possible next Saturday, he should be publicly flogged. Ditto if USM is allowed to score. This bullshit, combined with the ticket shenanigans, is why many of us understand we should NEVER play USM again. It isn't smart and doesn't accomplish a single damn thing. **** anyone who thinks playing them is a good idea.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 10:41 AM
I just noticed the highly prejudice beard on the bulldog

Don't forget the kaffiyeh on its head, too. **** USM.

TrapGame
08-26-2015, 10:44 AM
And any connection I had with USM ends today! I'm ashamed I ever went there. Now I'll have to tell everybody I went to Alcorn instead!

That's some low ass shit.

Dawg496
08-26-2015, 10:54 AM
It's not just UNM breeding racism in this State.. apparently USM wanted to get in on the action in a different flavor.

Pollodawg
08-26-2015, 10:59 AM
"Great. They just gave State a reason to hang 100 on us....."--Tod Monken.

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2015, 11:00 AM
That crosses the line. It's not surprising from that bunch however. After that and the way they have handled the tickets we should never have anything to do with them again.

MadDawg
08-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Guys they already expect us to give them a beatdown. Quote from that thread:

"I could care less what the score is on 9/5. State is playing here for political reasons. WE have already won."

How pathetic is that?

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 11:02 AM
And any connection I had with USM ends today! I'm ashamed I ever went there. Now I'll have to tell everybody I went to Alcorn instead!

That's some low ass shit.

I could live my life if I had gone to Alcorn. They are the African American version of MSU.

1. They have a pretty campus that is consider being rural.

2. They are looked down on by their rivals JSU, when in reality they have surpassed that rival in every aspect.

3. They are a land grant institution.

4. They use to be Alcorn A&M.

Side note they started as Oakley College for men but shut down during the civil war when every student enlisted in the confederated army. It never reopened after the war and years later the state of Mississippi bought the school.

TrapGame
08-26-2015, 11:12 AM
I could live my life if I had gone to Alcorn. They are the African American version of MSU.

1. They have a pretty campus that is consider being rural.

2. They are looked down on by their rivals JSU, when in reality they have surpassed that rival in every aspect.

3. They are a land grant institution.

4. They use to be Alcorn A&M.

Side note they started as Oakley College for men but shut down during the civil war when every student enlisted in the confederated army. It never reopened after the war and years later the state of Mississippi bought the school.

Yep, I work with a couple of girls that graduated from Alcorn and an old friend of mine was a prof there for a few years. Alcorn is a nice place.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2015, 11:15 AM
I wonder if these 2 will suit up for the dirty birds come 5 September:http://www.fox10tv.com/story/29136462/bond-set-for-2-usm-football-players-charged-in-home-invasion1480

PMDawg
08-26-2015, 11:23 AM
If Mullen doesn't score as many points as possible next Saturday, he should be publicly flogged. Ditto if USM is allowed to score. This bullshit, combined with the ticket shenanigans, is why many of us understand we should NEVER play USM again. It isn't smart and doesn't accomplish a single damn thing. **** anyone who thinks playing them is a good idea.

Cool story, brah.

Dawgtini
08-26-2015, 12:16 PM
That crosses the line. It's not surprising from that bunch however. After that and the way they have handled the tickets we should never have anything to do with them again.

Crosses a line? We did have 2 "students" try to join ISIS. I think it is childishly humorous. Try to find less to get worked up over. At best it is simply "Meh".

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Crosses a line? We did have 2 "students" try to join ISIS. I think it is childishly humorous. Try to find less to get worked up over. At best it is simply "Meh".

Defending USM? REALLY? Use it.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2015, 12:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/1Efe0aA.gif

FISHDAWG
08-26-2015, 12:34 PM
getting MSU fans worked up was it's primary function ... looks like it worked. I'm sure this came from a fan and judging by the looks of it I would say it is an uneducated sidewalk fan ... btw, - loved the yellow Foghorn Leghorn reference

BulldogBear
08-26-2015, 12:43 PM
You know, if this was the first game in the series, I could see them advertising the hell out of it. But after that beatdown last year in Starkvegas, I'm surprised they are pushing this game as much as they are.
Brando said keep an eye on this game. They're going to beat us***

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2015, 12:47 PM
getting MSU fans worked up was it's primary function ... looks like it worked. I'm sure this came from a fan and judging by the looks of it I would say it is an uneducated sidewalk fan ... btw, - loved the yellow Foghorn Leghorn reference

And we need to make sure it does. When you get a gift....use it.

BossDawg
08-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Evidently they went through the trouble of making enough for all of their fans, looks like.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Evidently they went through the trouble of making enough for all of their fans, looks like.

even I could afford to pay for 10 copies.

smootness
08-26-2015, 01:15 PM
I think it's funny.

BossDawg
08-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Brando said keep an eye on this game. They're going to beat us***

Lol. He might as well be a paid spokesperson for UMiss.

Howboutdemdogs
08-26-2015, 01:33 PM
I am sicken and appalled with what I read. I have two kids enrolled at State and one at USM. At this point all three are pissed at what was written. Sometimes you can dance on the line, but what was written was way over it. Pathetic! Lack of Class!

scottycameron
08-26-2015, 02:19 PM
I knew this crap was coming. They'll start it and everybody we play will jump on board. the buzzards will make this a theme before it's over. They'll play "God Bless America" a hundred times pregame and have every American flag in Hatsburg out there. They will try to make this there own little MNF after 9/11. This needs to be an epic beatdown. One of those you see the score scroll by and it makes you gasp for a sec and rub your eyes. Two numbers that don't look football related. You can't stop them from doing it but you can punish them so bad others will stay away from it.
I made a comment a week ago about not landing a recruit named Mustafa, and got a couple of smart azz responses. How do you feel about it now, smart guy?

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2015, 02:23 PM
even I could afford to pay for 10 copies.

Very well played.

LiterallyPolice
08-26-2015, 03:07 PM
* I wish I WERE....

Remember, kids: The first step towards world peace is proper use of the subjunctive mood.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 03:21 PM
* I wish I WERE....

Remember, kids: The first step towards world peace is proper use of the subjunctive mood.

We will have world peace after our guys nuke their asses next Saturday.

Dog316
08-26-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm no USM fan, but I'd be shocked if the university put this out. Someone's lame attempt to be funny. We have a few nuts that wear the maroon and white too. I say we just take them to the woodshed because they have been taunting us about not playing them because we were "afraid"!

smootness
08-26-2015, 04:34 PM
I knew this crap was coming. They'll start it and everybody we play will jump on board. the buzzards will make this a theme before it's over. They'll play "God Bless America" a hundred times pregame and have every American flag in Hatsburg out there. They will try to make this there own little MNF after 9/11. This needs to be an epic beatdown. One of those you see the score scroll by and it makes you gasp for a sec and rub your eyes. Two numbers that don't look football related. You can't stop them from doing it but you can punish them so bad others will stay away from it.
I made a comment a week ago about not landing a recruit named Mustafa, and got a couple of smart azz responses. How do you feel about it now, smart guy?

Holy cow, step back from the ledge. It's not that big a deal.

Bothrops
08-26-2015, 05:51 PM
I think this is the last time we play them for a long time.

Mutt the Hoople
08-26-2015, 06:25 PM
If a woman attacks you with a knife, give her some bread and mayo. Her womanly instincts will kick in, and she'll fix you a sammich.

Dawgbite
08-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Love me some Mutt, he is one of the few constants in life.

sandwolf
08-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Try to find less to get worked up over. At best it is simply "Meh".

Yea, I pretty much agree. All of the faux outrage, apology demands, etc. has gotten pretty out of hand. It really isn't a big deal.

IMissJack
08-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Do you know anyone that is proud they went to USM? Just wondering. I have a cousin and one uncle that went there, and you wouldn't have known it, because they didn't say much about it.

cheewgumm
08-26-2015, 08:06 PM
I actually love this. It's hysterical.

You gotta admit. ISIS?!,! Hahahha

IMissJack
08-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Holy cow, step back from the ledge. It's not that big a deal.

Agree

AlmostPositive
08-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Reminds me of Junior High spirit ribbons at Chastain in the late 60's.

In any case, it's nothing a 67-3 rawhiding won't take care of.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 08:33 PM
If a woman attacks you with a knife, give her some bread and mayo. Her womanly instincts will kick in, and she'll fix you a sammich.

So if I understand you correctly if I find a women who will attack me with a knife, all I have to do is hang my dick out and I would get a BJ?

Jack Lambert
08-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Agree

ISIS rapes and kill little children and women. Yeah I guess it's ok to be compared to them.

Pollodawg
08-26-2015, 08:51 PM
ISIS rapes and kill little children and women. Yeah I guess it's ok to be compared to them.

I guess we could ask the families who've lost ones to those people if they think it crosses a line. Being compared to ISIS is deplorable.

Pollodawg
08-26-2015, 08:53 PM
And, yes, the AD and president at USM should absolutely issue a statement saying they in no way condone this. ISIS is a global threat just like Al Queda was back in 2001. No one would be laughing if this were a World Trade Center joke, and they shouldn't be laughing now.

Pollodawg
08-26-2015, 08:59 PM
USM actually has put out a statement on this apparently.

http://whlt.com/2015/08/26/usm-denounces-offensive-usmmsu-rivalry-flyer/

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2015, 09:14 PM

If an opponent said we were Nazi Germany, ISIS, and Soviet Russia all rolled into one and all the press in the US agreed some of "our" fans would make excuses for the ones that started it.

IMissJack
08-26-2015, 09:16 PM

No I don't think that is ok, but I think this was probably done by some college kids that didn't put that much thought into it. The Reflector in the early 90's had some quite unPC moments itself when I was at MSU. However, I do get your point.

TUSK
08-26-2015, 09:17 PM
wow, I had no idea MSU vs USM was such a big rivalry...

Yall need practice at being "aloof" and "condescending"...

sayit
08-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Do you know anyone that is proud they went to USM? Just wondering. I have a cousin and one uncle that went there, and you wouldn't have known it, because they didn't say much about it.

My wife did her undergrad there. I think she attended one football game during her 2 years there so she was easy to convert to a State fan. I came home with USM tickets yesterday and when I told her they came from a USM season ticket holder her response was "you mean we have to sit with the Southern fans?" :D