PDA

View Full Version : Been out of work sick, so I have just watched Ole Miss vs. Auburn and Alabama.....

5 Star
08-24-2015, 03:20 PM
I came away with one big takeaway. They are going to miss Bo Wallace.

Coach34
08-24-2015, 03:24 PM
I think they will also. Having an inexperienced SEC QB is going to hurt them- no 2 ways around it

GreenheadDawg
08-24-2015, 03:35 PM
I've been saying this to my OM buddies. He helped them more than he hurt them

Covercorner2
08-24-2015, 03:44 PM
I've heard some folks say that they will be fine with a "game manager" at QB with their defense should they choose that route (Buchanan). The thing is that type of QB works if you have an elite running game or running back. Ole Miss doesn't have either. They need someone that can make plays.....

confucius say
08-24-2015, 03:46 PM
They are going to try to commit more to the running game this year. No doubt.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I've heard some folks say that they will be fine with a "game manager" at QB with their defense should they choose that route (Buchanan). The thing is that type of QB works if you have an elite running game or running back. Ole Miss doesn't have either. They need someone that can make plays.....

THIS

You can't have a game manager QB if you aren't an upper level running team.

Bo had good instincts & could make plays. Yes, he made a ton of mistakes but he gave their offense the ability to beat anyone on any given day.

A game manager won't offer that to them. They need a QB to make plays

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2015, 03:51 PM

Then they'll be in 3rd & 7 A LOT

thunderclap
08-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Spurlock will be better than Eli.

CadaverDawg
08-24-2015, 06:00 PM

Hell of a post. I agree

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Their running game will be terrifying.

Todd4State
08-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Their running game will be terrifying.

For who?

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 06:32 PM
For who?
For them.

I was referring to some absurd article written a few months ago talking about the OM offense saying when you think about the speed of their RBs their offense could be "down right terrifying".

Just hilarious OM internet crap.

Pokechop Womack
08-24-2015, 06:57 PM
So who is their QB going to be? I can't get a straight answer from any of my Bear friends...

IMissJack
08-24-2015, 06:58 PM

They don't have the running game to use a game manager.

5 Star
08-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Right on, brother. They don't have the line or the tailback to pull off the game manager stuff. They need someone to get the ball to Ingram and Treadwell and Bo was surgical with finding seams and hitting those guys.

Wallace was the reason they went to a bowl game in 2012, thus the reason they signed that class. Without him, none of it exists. I always hoped they'd just step on their own toes until he graduated, because he was a gamer.

5 Star
08-24-2015, 08:50 PM
I see them committing to the bubble screens even more than they have in the past. They need to get the ball out of the quarterbacks hands. I figure they'll play more side to side, even with their running game.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-24-2015, 08:58 PM

Agreed. Bama could do it because of elite offensive lines with Ingram, Richardson, Henry, Lacy, Yeldon. Wisconsin, LSU, and others can do it. Ole miss ain't got it.