PDA

View Full Version : Chason Virgil could be playing week 2 v. Ole Miss

chef dixon
08-24-2015, 10:20 AM
http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article31945335.html

How funny would that be if they came in and took down Ole Miss? He could very well be the best QB in that game for all we know at this point.

Unfortunately I see it being a pretty ugly road trip for the young man.

Irondawg
08-24-2015, 10:33 AM
what's interesting is that their other QB Zach Greenlee is a guy we brought in late a couple of years ago and thought we might sign.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Is there a connection between Virgil and Ole Miss?

Tbonewannabe
08-24-2015, 11:22 AM

No, he is the Qb we cut loose before early signing period.

Dawgfan77
08-24-2015, 11:22 AM
He was committed to MSUfor 6 months

RC3
08-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Didn't his HS coach or Dad rip us pretty good for pulling his scholarship offer?

FISHDAWG
08-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Didn't his HS coach or Dad rip us pretty good for pulling his scholarship offer?

his coach did

ZedFedder
08-24-2015, 12:18 PM

His coach did, but I would have too. I know it's a business but what they did to him was beyond dirty.

Dallas_Dawg
08-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Beyond dirty? You realize this goes on at all the major schools.
Our staff watched his senior tape and didn't like it or didn't think he would be able to put on the size to run Mullen's offense.
So you are saying we did him wrong by pulling his scholarship? He would have come here and rode the bench every year. It was better for both parties to split up when we did. If he was a bonafide qb prospect, he would have landed at somewhere better than Fresno.

archdog
08-24-2015, 03:12 PM
I dislike what happened to Virgil, but I dislike a kid going to a school where he will just ride the pine for years. Same thing when Alabama does it. Blows my mind why these ⑤* players go to Alabama to ride the bench for 3 years. Just doesn't make sense.

I want my football team to be the best character and best players they can be to win. Moral victories during Croom years sucked. I like actual victories.

blacklistedbully
08-24-2015, 03:26 PM
We pulled the scholly 2.5 months before signing day. Other schools have been known to do it days, or even the day before with not nearly as much blowback. Virgil's HS coach was a complete ass about it.

I can't help buy wonder if the same coach blasts any of his players who decommit within 2.5 months of signing day.

jumbo
08-24-2015, 03:39 PM
We pulled the scholly 2.5 months before signing day. Other schools have been known to do it days, or even the day before with not nearly as much blowback. Virgil's HS coach was a complete ass about it.

I can't help buy wonder if the same coach blasts any of his players who decommit within 2.5 months of signing day.

He was an EE so it was less than a month which is where the real uproar was.

blacklistedbully
08-24-2015, 03:45 PM
He was an EE so it was less than a month which is where the real uproar was.

Less than a month from EE does not mean he lost any ability to go elsewhere. If anything it made him MORE marketable than someone who did not qualify for EE.

ZedFedder
08-24-2015, 04:07 PM
He was dropped 16 days before he was to enroll.

blacklistedbully
08-24-2015, 04:54 PM
A P5-worthy QB who qualifies as an EE 10 weeks prior to signing day, even if it is 2 weeks before early enrollment should have no trouble finding another great opportunity.

Mullen asked him to grayshirt the first semester-only. Kid didn't want that, so Mullen cut him loose with plenty of time to spare.

dawgwood
08-24-2015, 06:34 PM

We lost a commitment from a lb name Anthony Hines from somewhere in Texas. Decommitted because Virgil scholarship was snatch.

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 06:51 PM
We lost a commitment from a lb name Anthony Hines from somewhere in Texas. Decommitted because Virgil scholarship was snatch.

Total BS

jumbo
08-24-2015, 07:15 PM

not true

dawgwood
08-24-2015, 09:15 PM
not true

Google it.