PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen the confederates

GreenheadDawg
08-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Or their media Pumping how great MGK has been this fall in camp. I'm assuming he's got to be better than the other 2 they have

LC Dawg
08-24-2015, 10:17 AM
They don't brag on current players. They only pump up commits and 5* prospects who include the Rebels in their list of 30.

scottycameron
08-24-2015, 10:24 AM
No word from them, lol. Doesn't sound very promising, does it? I ask my guys all the time... nothing. They say nobody is getting any info from practices, but I know for a fact they have had open ones b/c the CL had some info the other day. Bucky said that Buchanon was the leader the last time he spoke on it, and nothing since, so I'm assuming he's still one with MGK 2 and the mobile guy 3. Apparently it doesn't matter anyway, they're ranked everywhere regardless of if they have a QB or not. Maybe they can play without one.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2015, 10:26 AM
All 3 will probably play their 1st game & maybe even 2 the 2nd game but most everyone expects it to be Kelly when they take the field in Tuscaloosa.

TrapGame
08-24-2015, 10:31 AM
I heard Buchanan will take a hit to throw a good, deep ball and MGK runs like a scared girl when Freeze wants him to stay in the pocket.

BulldogBear
08-24-2015, 12:24 PM
It may mean nothing, but in general, no news is good news with us and no news is bad news with them.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2015, 01:35 PM
All 3 will probably play their 1st game & maybe even 2 the 2nd game but most everyone expects it to be Kelly when they take the field in Tuscaloosa.

What if Buchanan out plays Kelly in the first two games & Kelly stinks?

Bubb Rubb
08-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Or their media Pumping how great MGK has been this fall in camp. I'm assuming he's got to be better than the other 2 they have

There is lots of sunshine pumping about the defense and how great they expect to be this year. Of course, the one big caveat there is that their defense is playing against their offense, so of course they are going to look great. They will be very good defensively, but they have a chance offensively to really see things go south. Question marks at QB, question marks about the running game, question marks about the OL. A lot of things have to go right for them.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2015, 01:55 PM
They don't brag on current players. They only pump up commits and 5* prospects who include the Rebels in their list of 30.

Funny because it's true.

Thick
08-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Sean Rawlings father said his son has been repping with the first team. Redshirt sophomore from MAIS already on the 2 deep and getting reps with the first team?? I would be quiet too if that was our situation.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2015, 02:02 PM

This is a great question. I can't see them NOT starting MGK, just because you don't go sign a JUCO QB unless 1) You have no starter or 2) You have no QB depth. We all assume that MGK was signed because Freezus believes #1 is the case. Therefore, logic says he's the starter by default.

That said, the team will know who's better and gives them the best chance to win. If Freezus doesn't start whoever that is, be it MGK, Buchanan, or Kincaide, he risks losing the team. They already have enough internal problems without fracturing the team over the QB and endangering the relationship between the players and offensive coaches. So from that perspective, Freezus would have to start Buchanan if he outplays MGK the first two weeks and give him the chance to succeed or fail.

Either way, I think the whole situation is combustible. It's going to blow up on them at some point this season. They should've committed to developing Buchanan and Kincaide instead of bringing in a hotshot JUCO QB to anoint starter. Northern Miss would've been better off getting a chemistry and depth JUCO QB. But that isn't the Northern Miss style. They have to make a splash and gamble on the head cases.

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2015, 02:15 PM
This is a great question. I can't see them NOT starting MGK, just because you don't go sign a JUCO QB unless 1) You have no starter or 2) You have no QB depth. We all assume that MGK was signed because Freezus believes #1 is the case. Therefore, logic says he's the starter by default.

That said, the team will know who's better and gives them the best chance to win. If Freezus doesn't start whoever that is, be it MGK, Buchanan, or Kincaide, he risks losing the team. They already have enough internal problems without fracturing the team over the QB and endangering the relationship between the players and offensive coaches. So from that perspective, Freezus would have to start Buchanan if he outplays MGK the first two weeks and give him the chance to succeed or fail.

Either way, I think the whole situation is combustible. It's going to blow up on them at some point this season. They should've committed to developing Buchanan and Kincaide instead of bringing in a hotshot JUCO QB to anoint starter. Northern Miss would've been better off getting a chemistry and depth JUCO QB. But that isn't the Northern Miss style. They have to make a splash and gamble on the head cases.

And with MGK already getting stuff covered up here at the expense of other players being kicked off the team then you wonder how that could possibly help team chemistry. That whole program is nothing but a what have you done for me lately institution. If they can perform at a high level or they think you can perform at a high level then you will be protected at all costs. If they sense the least little bit of expendibility in you then you take the fall for the others. May Chris Carter gave that speech at TSUN before he gave it to the NFL rookies. Sammie Epps must have been the fall guy for the posse.

Todd4State
08-24-2015, 04:54 PM

Well then someone at Northern Miss made a bad investment.

Buchanan is going to start the first couple of games to make his family happy and then Kelly will start the rest of the season to keep him from destroying something.

DancingRabbit
08-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Sean Rawlings father said his son has been repping with the first team. Redshirt sophomore from MAIS already on the 2 deep and getting reps with the first team?? I would be quiet too if that was our situation.

Are these the OL 1B's ?

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/22a5767e2ab2eae6b8408640bbf3648d43eb4a98/c=0-47-1800-1400&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/JacksonMS/JacksonMS/2014/08/03/1407073349000-Oline.jpg

mstatefan91
08-24-2015, 05:21 PM
What has Chad been up to in Oxford? There is no way that he is staying out of trouble on his own.

Coackjek
08-24-2015, 09:32 PM
What has Chad been up to in Oxford? There is no way that he is staying out of trouble on his own.

Ah, no worries. Marshall Henderson's handler needed a job.***