PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carter: Good or Bad Advice?

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2015, 09:16 AM
The twitter mob got a hold of this story this weekend & made an enormous deal out if, and, while it may have been inappropriate in such a public forum, I think Carter makes a good point. "If your on my payroll, then you have a job."

Just curious for other's thoughts: Kinda mobbish

https://vid.me/8Kmt

Maroon_and_white
08-24-2015, 09:22 AM
I mean what he said is true but its like if your 10th grade math teacher telling their students that the majority of you won't need to know everything she's teaching. When you're in a teaching position to young people you need to guide in the right direction. Let them learn the other stuff on their own if they want.

jumbo
08-24-2015, 09:22 AM
that's better than "have fall guy in your camp"

scottycameron
08-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Excellent advice. It's what that league is now. But I think he's talking to hear himself talk. He's not telling them anything they don't already know. Every criminal in the country knows that from day one. Good advice - yes. Necessary - no.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2015, 09:26 AM
People don't want to hear it but I agree with him. If you're living off of me & I'm the main source or only source of income if we get into a situation then you're supposed to take that for me. If I go down then nobody gets paid but if you go down when you get out everything is back to normal. The perfect example is the Mike Vick situation. No way it shouldn't have already been discussed that if this blows up that 1 of you guys take the rap. I'll keep plenty money on your books & when you get out a new house & car will be waiting.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2015, 09:26 AM
I mean what he said is true but its like if your 10th grade math teacher telling their students that the majority of you won't need to know everything she's teaching. When you're in a teaching position to young people you need to guide in the right direction. Let them learn the other stuff on their own if they want.

Great analogy

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2015, 09:29 AM
If your on my payroll, I'm using your email for my Ashley Madison account***

confucius say
08-24-2015, 09:30 AM
The message should be don't do stupid sh*t and don't have people on the payroll for no reason. Not, if you do stupid sh*t, make sure you keep a fall guy on the payroll.

sandwolf
08-24-2015, 09:32 AM
The message should be don't do stupid sh*t and don't have people on the payroll for no reason. Not, if you do stupid sh*t, make sure you keep a fall guy on the payroll.

Agreed.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2015, 10:01 AM

I'm sure the message was be a law abiding citizen & don't do anything wrong. However if you're going to be taking care of all these friends & family if something goes wrong I damn sure better not be the guy in the mug shot.

scottycameron
08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
People don't want to hear it but I agree with him. If you're living off of me & I'm the main source or only source of income if we get into a situation then you're supposed to take that for me. If I go down then nobody gets paid but if you go down when you get out everything is back to normal. The perfect example is the Mike Vick situation. No way it shouldn't have already been discussed that if this blows up that 1 of you guys take the rap. I'll keep plenty money on your books & when you get out a new house & car will be waiting.

Vick is more of an IQ problem. This is the guy who signs a multi million dollar contact (with a crayon) and then gets caught trying to take weed (hidden in a fake water bottle) on a 99 dollar VALUE JET flight. I think that is what CC was trying to get across.... you are what you are but try not to be so stupid.

LC Dawg
08-24-2015, 10:19 AM
If Carter's advice is to be considered good advice would it then be ok for Ray Rice to punch his fiance in the face and then get one of his crew to take the blame for it?

scottycameron
08-24-2015, 10:30 AM
If Carter's advice is to be considered good advice would it then be ok for Ray Rice to punch his fiance in the face and then get one of his crew to take the blame for it?

His dumbass got caught on video. Your posse can't do anything for you then anyway. None of his crew could do anything to help him no matter how well he had it set up. I don't think CC was even referring to this.

Johnson85
08-24-2015, 10:35 AM

Well, that definitely would have been better for Ray Rice and his wife if they had had a fall guy. Not sure how they would have made that work seeing as how there was video of the incident, but had he and a fall guy drug his fiance out of the elevator adn there not been a video, all three of them would be better off. Rice would still be employed, his wife would still get the benefits of his paycheck, and the fall guy would have been compensated heavily. They could have even said that she initiated the fight and the fall guy grossly overreacted. Maybe got out of it without even a criminal charge.

Not such great advice for society of course

DownwardDawg
08-24-2015, 11:34 AM

I'm glad to see we have at least one board member with some character left. Sheesh. Don't do stupid illegal shit. It's not that hard.

missouridawg
08-24-2015, 11:37 AM
The twitter mob got a hold of this story this weekend & made an enormous deal out if, and, while it may have been inappropriate in such a public forum, I think Carter makes a good point. "If your on my payroll, then you have a job."

Just curious for other's thoughts: Kinda mobbish

https://vid.me/8Kmt

I think it's horrible advice to give. If you're planning to live life in a way in which you have someone else be accountable for your own actions, then you're living life incorrectly. This is a major, major problem in today's society, IMO. Be accountable for yourself.

blacklistedbully
08-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Good advice for keeping your money-train rolling, bad advice for becoming a better human being.

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2015, 12:22 PM
He should have told them the following:

"You are now being paid an exorbitant amount of money to play a game. You are now one of the wealthiest people walking the face of the planet. Your average career will be maybe 3-7 years depending on your position. If you can't stay out of trouble for that little amount of time...if you are so irresponsible that you can't quit being a dumbass for a few seasons and risk making life changing money for your family...then you're too stupid to be in the same room with me. Get out."

Serioulsy, how hard is it to not be a world class 17up for about 5 years? After he retires and has hopefully got enough money that his great grandchildren will not have to worry about money then he can go be an idiot then if he doesn't care about possibly destroying endoresement deals. But like blacklisted said - this is more than about just making money. It's about being a decent human being and functioning member of society. He is advocating that they be neither and instead find someone stupid enough to go to prison for you so you can continue being an ass. What's stupid is there are people willing to take a fall for someone in hopes of getting a new house, car, or pile of cash when they get out. Nevermind not realizing all they have to do is tell them to go 17 themselves I ain't paying you nothing when they get out.

Aces High
08-24-2015, 12:30 PM
It is horrible advice.

thunderclap
08-24-2015, 01:19 PM
What. The. Hell.

Looks like he's grooming future members for Broke: Part 28.

CadaverDawg
08-24-2015, 01:38 PM

^This^

Jesus, guys. Ha, morals are sketchy in this thread.

DanDority
08-24-2015, 02:35 PM

"You are now being paid an exorbitant amount of money to play a game. You are now one of the wealthiest people walking the face of the planet. Your average career will be maybe 3-7 years depending on your position. If you can't stay out of trouble for that little amount of time...if you are so irresponsible that you can't quit being a dumbass for a few seasons and risk making life changing money for your family...then you're too stupid to be in the same room with me. Get out."

Serioulsy, how hard is it to not be a world class 17up for about 5 years? After he retires and has hopefully got enough money that his great grandchildren will not have to worry about money then he can go be an idiot then if he doesn't care about possibly destroying endoresement deals. But like blacklisted said - this is more than about just making money. It's about being a decent human being and functioning member of society. He is advocating that they be neither and instead find someone stupid enough to go to prison for you so you can continue being an ass. What's stupid is there are people willing to take a fall for someone in hopes of getting a new house, car, or pile of cash when they get out. Nevermind not realizing all they have to do is tell them to go 17 themselves I ain't paying you nothing when they get out.

^This is it!^

scottycameron
08-24-2015, 02:55 PM

Even if they don't get paid they still got the screet cred. Nothing personal, but I really don't think you understand these people. There's nothing wrong with that.

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
I heard the audio and it sounded like he was saying let your buddies do the driving, don't get the DUI just pay his way out and avoid the hassle.

I think it was good advice.

Look if you go out to eat with your wife, have a steak and two glasses of wine then you a are breaking the law. I think .08 is too low for DUI but also think registering .20 should carry stiff penalties.

I think the whole backlash on this is a manifestation of the whole creepy PC era we live in and we should also take into context the group situation he was speaking to.

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-24-2015, 07:32 PM
+1 The whole mentality is ridiculous.

shoeless joe
08-24-2015, 09:05 PM
No wonder I can't get my players to buy into personal accountability...shit they've got a HOF player telling them the exact opposite.

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 09:24 PM
No wonder I can't get my players to buy into personal accountability...shit they've got a HOF player telling them the exact opposite.

Yeah, but you're an NFL coach now so just ride it out a few years and retire w bank.

Indigo Wolf
08-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Excellent advice. It's what that league is now. But I think he's talking to hear himself talk. He's not telling them anything they don't already know. Every criminal in the country knows that from day one. Good advice - yes. Necessary - no.

I agree. Even if it true, sometimes it is better left unsaid. You're just making yourself look like the enemy by flapping your mouth open.

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 09:42 PM
This seminar was not meant for public consumption. Letting this out in public will insure less advice is given by former players in the future, the rookies will be the ones with less info from the veterans bc who will want to come speak to them anymore?

Context, people.

rem101
08-25-2015, 08:46 AM
I heard the audio and it sounded like he was saying let your buddies do the driving, don't get the DUI just pay his way out and avoid the hassle.

I think it was good advice.

Look if you go out to eat with your wife, have a steak and two glasses of wine then you a are breaking the law. I think .08 is too low for DUI but also think registering .20 should carry stiff penalties.

I think the whole backlash on this is a manifestation of the whole creepy PC era we live in and we should also take into context the group situation he was speaking to.

That's terrible advice. These people are making a minimum of $400k/year. Instead of you driving drunk, or having your boys drive drunk for you so you don't get the DUI, hire a 17ing driver or take a cab, you can afford it. Riding with your drunk buddy and getting in a wreck that kills you doesn't do you any more good than you driving drunk and getting in a wreck that kills you. I'm not trying to be holier than thou because I've driven when I shouldn't. But shit, you have to grow up sometime and realize it's a terrible idea, especially when you have the means to easily avoid it.

Political Hack
08-25-2015, 08:51 AM

yep. Just shut up and take the rap if it doesn't wreck the ship. And the ship is still sailing just fine...