PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

msstate7
08-23-2015, 09:26 PM
I've heard nothing but rave for Simmons. What are the chances we get em?

Any other recruits stand out this weekend?

dawgclub99
08-23-2015, 09:34 PM
Jeff Simmons is all Dawg.

Todd4State
08-23-2015, 09:58 PM
I think that there is a very good chance that we get him, but we have to do learn from the past and make sure that Ole Miss doesn't do their thing.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-23-2015, 10:20 PM
I think that there is a very good chance that we get him, but we have to do learn from the past and make sure that Ole Miss doesn't do their thing.

We should hope they try. It would backfire big time.

jumbo
08-24-2015, 02:32 PM
24/7 bumped him up to the #1 player in the state and #25 overl. 97 rating

Schultzy
08-24-2015, 06:47 PM
We should hope they try. It would backfire big time.

Damn good news right there.

AlSwearengen
08-24-2015, 08:09 PM
24/7 bumped him up to the #1 player in the state and #25 overl. 97 rating

5* player? Hugh will be buying an extra phone special for those late night calls to Simmons.

IMissJack
08-24-2015, 08:17 PM
I've heard nothing but rave for Simmons. What are the chances we get em?

Any other recruits stand out this weekend?

What position does he play?

msstate7
08-24-2015, 08:19 PM
What position does he play?

De

Coach34
08-24-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm not I Seen It- but this one is over...Simmons to State

msstate7
08-24-2015, 08:26 PM

Hope you guys are right. If we can pull Simmons, lashley, and AJ brown, this class would look much better

Spiderman
08-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Depends on how bad Ole Miss wants him.

Dallas_Dawg
08-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Depends on how bad Ole Miss wants him.

He's in our backyard. Yeah I know, Pat Pat, but Simmons is different.
We don't go get Tony Conner out of USP just like they don't get Simmons from Noxubee

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2015, 09:01 PM
De

I think he's a DT by next season.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Hope you guys are right. If we can pull Simmons, lashley, and AJ brown, this class would look much better

I think we get those guys plus Kobe, Crowell, & Raekwon Davis.

msstate7
08-24-2015, 09:08 PM
I think we get those guys plus Kobe, Crowell, & Raekwon Davis.

Even better

AlSwearengen
08-24-2015, 09:46 PM
How sweet would it be for us to find a way to pull that stud dl from Georgia to go with Simmons?

Todd4State
08-24-2015, 10:50 PM
How sweet would it be for us to find a way to pull that stud dl from Georgia to go with Simmons?

Him and Nigel Knott.

state66
08-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Close with Simmons, Kobe Jones, AJ Brown, Raekwon Davis, Lashley(already In the class pretty much), and pull a miracle on Nigel knot. Wow I would be happy.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2015, 11:20 PM
I just don't see Nigel in this class. Id love to be wrong.

jumbo
08-25-2015, 07:22 AM
I just don't see Nigel in this class. Id love to be wrong.

Is he just dead set on getting out of state?

dickiedawg
08-25-2015, 07:42 AM
That would be a hell of a close.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-25-2015, 07:52 AM
Is he just dead set on getting out of state?

Since early on I've heard that going OOS would be the path of least resistance for the family. They didn't want to get caught up in a MSU/OM back & forth.

jumbo
08-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Since early on I've heard that going OOS would be the path of least resistance for the family. They didn't want to get caught up in a MSU/OM back & forth.

that makes sense

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Do you think this class will end up being viewed as a pretty good one? Just from glancing at it, it seems like a fairly big drop off from last year's class. Granted it is still early.

jumbo
08-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Do you think this class will end up being viewed as a pretty good one? Just from glancing at it, it seems like a fairly big drop off from last year's class. Granted it is still early.

I was just playing around with the class calculator on 24/7 and with a pretty much best case finish I got us up to 230.13 points. That would have been 21st last year.

Raekwon, AJ, Kobe, Lashley, Simmons, Crowell, Spencer and Hankerson were who I added.

Covercorner2
08-25-2015, 08:35 AM
I was just playing around with the class calculator on 24/7 and with a pretty much best case finish I got us up to 230.13 points. That would have been 21st last year.

Raekwon, AJ, Kobe, Lashley, Simmons, Crowell, Spencer and Hankerson were who I added.

Well it seems as if almost every guy we are still after is climbing the rankings (especially Raekwon, AJ, Simmons and Crowell), along with guys we currently have committed (Dantzler, Allen), so that is also subject to change for the better....

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-25-2015, 08:42 AM

21 sounds about right for us.

I am hoping that with our recent success we can start moving into the top 15 though.

jumbo
08-25-2015, 09:13 AM
21 sounds about right for us.

I am hoping that with our recent success we can start moving into the top 15 though.

agreed. don't post that on 24/7 though. you'll get destroyed.

dolodawg
08-25-2015, 10:01 AM

I don't usually post, but I'm originally from Noxubee. My friends son (who Simmons rides to practice with sometimes) ask Simmons point blank this summer where he was going. Simmons said he was going to Ole Miss. Take that for what it is worth, but that was straight from Simmons.

Really Clark?
08-25-2015, 10:09 AM
I don't usually post, but I'm originally from Noxubee. My friends son (who Simmons rides to practice with sometimes) ask Simmons point blank this summer where he was going. Simmons said he was going to Ole Miss. Take that for what it is worth, but that was straight from Simmons.

I'm sure your info is accurate to you but it's more like you have never posted in 2 years. Not "I don't usually post".

msstate7
08-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Wizard on sps told me AJ was om bound and fairly confident. I dont take stuff like this as the gospel, but losing these 2 to OM would be a huge punch in the stomach

BeastMan
08-25-2015, 10:27 AM

Nice first post. If you're really from Nox tell me what's interesting about the Mexican restaurant on the highway.

dolodawg
08-25-2015, 10:27 AM
Wizard on sps told me AJ was om bound and fairly confident. I dont take stuff like this as the gospel, but losing these 2 to OM would be a huge punch in the stomach

I agree. I was just passing along direct information.

dolodawg
08-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Nice first post. If you're really from Nox tell me what's interesting about the Mexican restaurant on the highway.

Lol. I enjoy reading the board. I don't care to post. I was born and raised in Macon. Noxubee high class of 97.

Jack Lambert
08-25-2015, 10:42 AM
I agree. I was just passing along direct information.

Just a little advise. No Ole Miss folks are allowed here. I am not saying you are one but your first 100 post or so should be nothing but positive stuff or atlest not looking like a troll.

civildawg
08-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Just because he has conflicting info doesn't make him an ole miss fan or troll. He saw a topic he had info on and posted his info, that's it.

msstate7
08-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Just because he has conflicting info doesn't make him an ole miss fan or troll. He saw a topic he had info on and posted his info, that's it.

I agree.

For all we know, Simmons did say that. Even if Simmons or AJ told me they were headed to OM today, I still wouldn't write it in stone. Who knows what goes on inside these kids' heads? These 2 are in our backyard and we won't lose them without a fight

dolodawg
08-25-2015, 10:59 AM

No troll. Im a MSU alum. BIS and MSIT. Lol.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2015, 11:02 AM

msstate7
08-25-2015, 11:06 AM

Don't know about that, but probably is if he's "wizard" on sps haha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2015, 11:07 AM
I think you missed my point.

Bothrops
08-25-2015, 11:08 AM

I cannot imagine any single reason why we would lose either one of those guys to OM. They offer absolutely no advantage for them, hypothetically speaking.

dolodawg
08-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Just a little advise. No Ole Miss folks are allowed here. I am not saying you are one but your first 100 post or so should be nothing but positive stuff or atlest not looking like a troll.

No troll man. Straight Maroon and White.

I'm on the right (In Macon at the time).

ETA- I just took down you're Instagram pic b/c real trolls might bother you. Dolo is all dawg -BeastMan

BeastMan
08-25-2015, 11:10 AM

Never accused anyone of being a troll. I'm not a bully here. Was just asking a question that is kind of weird but anyone from Nox could answer as a test of sorts. He doesn't have to answer (and didn't) but it would have validated his info with me more if he could have. This is the internet. I'm just being skeptical. I'm all for dolo being a member and enjoying this board.

Eta: posted before I saw last post. His pic in Macon is enough for me.

msstate7
08-25-2015, 11:10 AM
I think you missed my point.

I got your point. As I said before, I don't take this stuff as the gospel. Just passed along what I was told.

Oh and just bc someone says something crazy doesn't mean everything they say is wrong.

I still think we land Simmons and AJ

Alldawg
08-25-2015, 12:02 PM

They really serve Chinese food?

HancockCountyDog
08-25-2015, 12:18 PM
From everyone I talk to, the bears are running third for Brown and Simmons. For Brown its a distant third and for Simmons its a little better, but still third.

msstate7
08-25-2015, 12:20 PM
From everyone I talk to, the bears are running third for Brown and Simmons. For Brown its a distant third and for Simmons its a little better, but still third.

1st and 2nd?

HancockCountyDog
08-25-2015, 01:12 PM
1st and 2nd?

MSU and Bama. I think we lead for both, but don't ever doubt Saban for a player he covets.

smootness
08-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Ole Miss always claims everybody in the state until it becomes obvious certain guys won't be going there. Every single year, they say not to worry about the guys they're missing because they're going to sweep the state the following year. And every year they end up with far fewer than they thought, and we usually beat them.