PDA

View Full Version : MSU opening as a 23.5 point favorite against the buzzards

starkvegasdawg
08-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Too much? Not enough? Or about right?

Jarius
08-23-2015, 05:21 PM
We will win by at least 28. They will keep it close in the first half but we will pull away early 3rd

scottycameron
08-23-2015, 05:30 PM
It's perfect. Straight cash. Easiest game on the board.

HancockCountyDog
08-23-2015, 05:32 PM

I'm worried about late back door cover, but I don't think 28 is enough.

Dawgheadcheese
08-23-2015, 05:41 PM

Too low - I think Mullen will avoid running the score up too much. But it will still be 35 pts.

BeardoMSU
08-23-2015, 06:11 PM
We may spot them 14 or so, but we'll hang at least 45 on 'em. Book it.

MetEdDawg
08-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Too low - I think Mullen will avoid running the score up too much. But it will still be 35 pts.

I actually think this could get really really ugly, only because I think Mullen gives Fitz a good portion of the playbook early on. Why not do it on the road week 1 with a big lead? He's probably the starter next year and we've got to test him as much as possible this year. Week 1 on the road with a big lead would be the time to do it in my opinion. I think his first two drives will be regular game situation type drives. Might be slightly more slanted towards the run game, but I think Mullen will let him air it out some. And I think he leads us to a couple scores in the 2nd half.

Add to that the fact that our 2nd team defense will be salty with young guys ready to prove themselves. Our second team defense I think will have between 5 and 7 freshmen or RS freshmen. I think they come out ready to prove themselves and don't give up much.

Coach34
08-23-2015, 06:33 PM
State -13.5
Auburn - 1/2
Arizona State +13

State82
08-23-2015, 06:37 PM
As usual, I would say they have this one pretty much spot on.

Bothrops
08-23-2015, 06:47 PM
We will have a big lead by halftime. We win by 40+.

Todd4State
08-23-2015, 06:51 PM
I actually think this could get really really ugly, only because I think Mullen gives Fitz a good portion of the playbook early on. Why not do it on the road week 1 with a big lead? He's probably the starter next year and we've got to test him as much as possible this year. Week 1 on the road with a big lead would be the time to do it in my opinion. I think his first two drives will be regular game situation type drives. Might be slightly more slanted towards the run game, but I think Mullen will let him air it out some. And I think he leads us to a couple scores in the 2nd half.

Add to that the fact that our 2nd team defense will be salty with young guys ready to prove themselves. Our second team defense I think will have between 5 and 7 freshmen or RS freshmen. I think they come out ready to prove themselves and don't give up much.

I think the "kosher" thing to do in a blowout is to either keep your starters in and run conservative plays OR to play your back-ups while running the full playbook.

archdog
08-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Backups running the full playbook. Why limit them. We are dropping off a check to USM for an opportunity to have a tune up game. Our 2nd string needs real playbook reps not run three times and hope we pick up the first down. We need these guys ready for it to be their turn to produce.

MedDawg
08-23-2015, 07:05 PM

I think we jump out to a pretty quick lead with Dak. What will help us keep/build a lead will be Dan letting Fitz loose and not just running him or the RB up the middle to use up the time like we often did with Williams last year. Fitz (and Staley) need real game snaps and quickly. Staley, of course, may not get much pt until later in the season.

Still, I don't think we're going to win as big as last year because USM will score a couple times (and use up some clock so we don't score as much). Something like 42-14 or 42-10.

I seen it dawg
08-23-2015, 07:10 PM
We will have a big lead by halftime. We win by 40+.

A little low on that...

Bothrops
08-23-2015, 08:06 PM
They are completely over matched

MetEdDawg
08-23-2015, 08:10 PM
I think the "kosher" thing to do in a blowout is to either keep your starters in and run conservative plays OR to play your back-ups while running the full playbook.

With LSU the next week I'm going with backups in key areas. Dak, CBs, DL, WR, LBs, Malone and Senior should all be pulled after we get up 28 points. Let the rest stay on a bit longer because they need reps, then eventually put the young kids out, especially at safety.

Coach34
08-23-2015, 08:17 PM
I see Staley and Fitz alternating back-up series

TUSK
08-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Damn, you cats still have money to wager after seeing those preseason lines?

maroonmania
08-23-2015, 10:19 PM
I do think its too low but the way Mullen calls off the dogs and plays extensive backups in these type games makes it too risky to bet IMO.

LC Dawg
08-23-2015, 11:18 PM
We will beat Southern Miss as bad as Dan Mullen wants us to beat them.