PDA

View Full Version : It's just too quiet.

Coach007
08-22-2015, 10:03 PM
We need more information on the team... Lol!

Bully13
08-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Ever heard of the calm before the storm?

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Ever heard of the calm before the storm?

This^^^ Haha! Woof!

mstatefan91
08-22-2015, 11:49 PM
This is probably the least that we've received in the Mullen era but seeing as he only allowed the media to attend practice one time (during which they observed position drills), it isn't surprising.

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2015, 11:54 PM

We suck. Just listen to what the sports media tell you. ******

Coach007
08-23-2015, 02:06 AM
Hahaha! Yeah they are always right about us.

BrunswickDawg
08-23-2015, 08:02 AM
I hope that means Dan will also cut back on in-season media after we start kicking everyone's ass again. I thing that all the interviews, etc. were a big distraction.

Dawg496
08-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Why is Dan so secretive this fall? More so than usual?

starkvegasdawg
08-23-2015, 08:20 AM

The first rule of MS State is you don't talk about MS State.

Dawgface

Because he has decided to start Fitz at qb, Staley at TE and will move Dak to RB. Mullen is going to shock the world!

Jack Lambert
I think it has to do with the offense. You only think Oregon runs a fast offense.

dawgwood
08-23-2015, 08:49 AM
The first rule of MS State is you don't talk about MS State.
I found out the hard way.First time signing onto a message board a couple weeks ago. Stated asking questions as a fan. Was getting hate mail from all over the place.Had to leave my wife and Quit my job. Don't ask? ??

BossDawg
08-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Things do seem to be a lot quieter this year. I'm not sure how to take it. Dan is either really worried or he's grinning like a possum eating persimmons to himself and just too giddy to speak to the media.

GreenheadDawg
08-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Things do seem to be a lot quieter this year. I'm not sure how to take it. Dan is either really worried or he's grinning like a possum eating persimmons to himself and just too giddy to speak to the media.

I hope it's the latter. My dad asked me yesterday if I knew how the team was looking because he hasn't seen much talk about it, especially since he cancelled the CL. It's pretty strange that we 13 days until kick-off and it has been pretty hush hush

Pollodawg
08-23-2015, 10:52 AM
This is the way it needs to be. Don't nobody need to do 1500 interviews a day. Get out there and get it before the season starts. This is where you win the SEC, when you get up at 4:30 AM and hit the gym and film room, getting better while everybody else is sleeping. Go above and beyond what the coaches asked you to do. Eat, sleep, and breather MSU football and how last year wasn't good enough. Oh, we were #1 for five weeks last seaosn? Hip hip hoo-17ing-ray. What were we when the season ended? That's all that matters.

We failed. We flopped. We didn't get it done. We need to have been all off season and even right now, be doing what it takes to get that number one and then keep it. We don't media coverage. We need better, bigger, stronger, meaner, football players jacked out of their minds and ready to destroy everything in their path, not cater to some pasty faced reporter with a microphone in your grill taking away from practice time. I wish the team had no contact with the media and existed solely on a football related island in the Seal Complex once the season starts.

notsofarawaydawg
08-23-2015, 11:48 AM
I hope it's the latter. My dad asked me yesterday if I knew how the team was looking because he hasn't seen much talk about it, especially since he cancelled the CL. It's pretty strange that we 13 days until kick-off and it has been pretty hush hush

You wouldn't know there was a football team in Starkville if you depended on the Clarion Ledger. Sports page this morning has three TSUN articles on front page and one MSU article. I didn't buy one either .. my sister subscribes.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
The only news in the pre-season is bad news. The quieter the better. As long as reporters or students don't see a player in a cast, in a sling or on crutches and report it, it's all good.

archdog
08-23-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I like not knowing anything about the team. I think the 3 interviews a day last year had to wear on the players and coaches. I would rather them focus their efforts on fall camp. Plenty of time to get interviews after the season starts. Even then, I think last year had too many interviews with Dak and Robinson. Those guys need to focus on school and football.

archdog
08-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Its kind of like seeing a movie that you haven't seen a preview for. You know the gist, but its more fun to see the main event without being spoiled.

HancockCountyDog
08-23-2015, 04:46 PM

I think every guy in the state is making sure their name isn't on the Ashley Madison list.

I've talked to one guy who's name is on the list, he tried to convince his wife it was identity theft all I thought was :

http://youtu.be/9lOL2h8F3aA

Gen. Grant
08-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Im surprised that someone has not posted in a panic about how "bad" the field looks right now. It seems that it never fails as we approach the season.

mstatefan91
08-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Im surprised that someone has not posted in a panic about how "bad" the field looks right now. It seems that it never fails as we approach the season.

It's been a wet August

DawgPoundtheRock
08-23-2015, 06:58 PM
Preseason, no news is good news, particularly on the injury front. I feel like some changes (wrinkles) are coming both offensively and defensively. Just don't expect to see any of them against USM.

Barking 13
08-23-2015, 09:35 PM
"Nobody has any idea what is about to take that field"

I need a shave....