PDA

View Full Version : why are USM fans so worried about State fans buying tickets.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Hell you go to their boards and thats all they are worried about. You would think they would be more worried about the product on the field rather than MSU fans helping them put butts in the seats in their stadium. Most of those seats havn't had anyone sit in them in years.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Hell you go to their boards and thats all they are worried about. You would think they would be more worried about the product on the field rather than MSU fans helping them put butts in the seats in their stadium. Most of those seats havn't had anyone sit in them in years.

I think it's a pride issue. They know they suck, but they still want to believe they have their fan base. A house full of Golden Eagle fans = hope, I house full of MSU fans = Why are we even here?

I know all of this because felt the same way when we played Bama in the Croom era

archdog
08-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Well in reality, we shouldn't be playing in their stadium unless we had multiple home games to their 1. We shouldn't do a home and home with these paycheck teams. They are lucky we are coming to town and boosting Hattisburgs economy. For a few hours, that town is not just going to be 5 exits on 59.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-22-2015, 06:48 PM
I think it's a pride issue. They know they suck, but they still want to believe they have their fan base. A house full of Golden Eagle fans = hope, I house full of MSU fans = Why are we even here?

I know all of this because felt the same way when we played Bama in the Croom era

True, but as bad as the Croom Error was, we never went 0-12 in a season, 1-23 over two seasons, or 4-32 over three seasons. Couple that with the school being a whisker away from losing accreditation a few years ago and you have the shit show that is Mississippi Southern. Division 3 level athletics and SWAC level academics.

DownwardDawg
08-22-2015, 06:51 PM

Well, Croom beat Bama twice. Just sayin. It was the feeling when we played LSU. Those games were ugly.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Well, Croom beat Bama twice. Just sayin.

Blind squirrel meet nut.

DownwardDawg
08-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Blind squirrel meet nut.

Oh yes. I certainly agree with that! LSU was the better comparison though.
Bama wasn't Bama back then.

Gatordog
08-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Just think if we still had Crooms I would believe the shoe would be on the other foot. Thank you Greg Byrne for seeing what a lot of us saw.

jumbo
08-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Well in reality, we shouldn't be playing in their stadium unless we had multiple home games to their 1. We shouldn't do a home and home with these paycheck teams. They are lucky we are coming to town and boosting Hattisburgs economy. For a few hours, that town is not just going to be 5 exits on 59.

To be fair we scheduled this game when they had a pulse. But I agree it still should have been a 2 for 1

Dawg61
08-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Probably because we are buying USM season tickets just for one game ensuring lots of empty seats their other home games. Not like they were going to get filled anyways.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
08-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Their ticket office is working their way down the totem pole. My dad got an email with an offer to buy 4 because he had bought 4 tickets to 1 (ONE!!!) USM basketball (BASKETBALL!!!) game last year. Really grasping for straws. That's got to be the last of the straws though - I imagine if they still have some after this week, they will release the rest to the public.

MSUDogFan
08-22-2015, 09:31 PM
If we are approached in the future by USM, or politicians on behalf of USM, we need to tell them that they need to talk to Northern Miss and play them for several years before we consider playing them again.

TUSK
08-23-2015, 02:11 AM
Damn, yall sure talk bad about poor S Miss...

Why don't yall just shut their program down?*

please let somebody get this

Drugs Delaney
08-23-2015, 07:40 AM
they have message boards?

BulldogBear
08-23-2015, 09:29 AM

Touche' ...good one.

I would counter that we are not scared of the smaller schools in our state hurting our recruiting....

Bully13
08-23-2015, 09:50 AM
I still can't believe Croom beat bamer twice.

ScoobaDawg
08-23-2015, 10:22 AM

If it only it could be that easy. Along with half the SWAC teams.

ScoobaDawg
08-23-2015, 10:24 AM
Their ticket office is working their way down the totem pole. My dad got an email with an offer to buy 4 because he had bought 4 tickets to 1 (ONE!!!) USM basketball (BASKETBALL!!!) game last year. Really grasping for straws. That's got to be the last of the straws though - I imagine if they still have some after this week, they will release the rest to the public.

This is just crazy... Offer 4 tickets to someone who once bought ONE BASKETBALL ticket. All this over offering public tickets which MSU fans will sell out in a day.

TUSK
08-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Touche' ...good one.

I would counter that we are not scared of the smaller schools in our state hurting our recruiting....

Pollodawg
08-23-2015, 10:29 AM
We should never, ever give these scrubs a home and home again. For years, I really had no beef with USM, but with how they've acted regarding this, I've changed my opinion. We should not allow in any respect these people to gouge our fans to fund their athletic department. That's exactly what it is.

TUSK
08-23-2015, 11:27 AM
We should never, ever give these scrubs a home and home again. For years, I really had no beef with USM, but with how they've acted regarding this, I've changed my opinion. We should not allow in any respect these people to gouge our fans to fund their athletic department. That's exactly what it is.

you sound like a "Bammer"************************************************** **************************

Pollodawg
08-23-2015, 11:30 AM
you sound like a "Bammer"************************************************** **************************

Does that mean I sound like a winner?

TUSK
08-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Does that mean I sound like a winner?

Yes, yes it does my friend!

you need one of these:

Mutt the Hoople
08-23-2015, 02:29 PM
They want us out of MM Roberts for safety reasons.

As an Engineer, I understand it could be a structural load problem. A sudden rise in static load, which the stadium hasn't experienced since the last time we were there in 1989, could cause bearing failure at vital points in the superstructure.

If the static loading of previously unloaded areas of the stadium didn't cause excess strain, the dynamic loading could result in some serious shearing problems (with USM fans, there's little dynamic loading except for leaving in the 3rd quarter to get back home).