PDA

View Full Version : NFL scouts

Schultzy
08-22-2015, 05:44 PM
are saying, and more than one, that MSU has the talent to win the west this year. They go see everybody so that's encouraging g to me. Of course it guarantees nothing but its damn good insight to where we are as a program IMO.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Do you have a link?

Coach34
08-22-2015, 06:42 PM
are saying, and more than one, that MSU has the talent to win the west this year. They go see everybody so that's encouraging g to me. Of course it guarantees nothing but its damn good insight to where we are as a program IMO.

We have the most talent we have had since Mullen arrived. We will have 6 draft picks at a minimum in April. Six. And it could be even more.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2015, 06:50 PM
It's amazing how much group think there is in the media.

Yesterday, the new SEC guy & former Ark QB Clint Stoerner, said the he expected MSU to finish last because they didn't have anything around Dak.

When the BR guy predicted MSU to win the SEC West, the comments section was filled with, "They don't have anything around Dak."

Where did this incredibly untrue statement start & why has everyone just chosen to believe it without doing a single bit of research to discern if it's true or not?

Leroy Jenkins
08-22-2015, 06:59 PM
We are Mittattippi Tate that's why. Don't worry the 2nd Saturday of the season will open their eyes.

BTW, the newly renovated DWS at Scott Field has never been witness to a Bulldog loss.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-22-2015, 07:20 PM
We are Mittattippi Tate that's why. Don't worry the 2nd Saturday of the season will open their eyes.

+1

This is year two of changing that perception.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2015, 07:25 PM
We have the most talent we have had since Mullen arrived. We will have 6 draft picks at a minimum in April. Six. And it could be even more.

Young safeties. McLaurin, Bryant, Peters have more raw talent than Cox, Hughes, Market. And it's like that at most position. Talent level keeps coming up.

Draftees might be Redmond, Calhoun, Malone, Ryan Brown, Prescott (that's 5). Also Chris Jones and D. Wilson (possible early entries). Talent keeps improving.

cheewgumm
08-22-2015, 07:30 PM
I love that everyone says we finish last. If your guys come through ( which they will), there is nothing like the collective " I told you so" after we win a few.

Just imagine all their " well the media was wrong on State again". Remember Marcis Spears last year having to eat it after he said State had no chance against LSU? There are a lot more people who could be made to eat it this year.

When it happens it's gonna be fantastic and make the season even better.

Coach34
08-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Draftees might be Redmond, Calhoun, Malone, Ryan Brown, Prescott (that's 5). Also Chris Jones and D. Wilson (possible early entries). Talent keeps improving.

Jones and Wilson are as good as gone. Malone is the guy that has to really work his way in. He's got a shot- as does Richie and Nick James. 9 is the ceiling for this April- but I think it ends up being 6-7

MetEdDawg
08-22-2015, 07:46 PM

I think the 5 seniors guaranteed are Dak, Malone, Redmond, Calhoun, and Ryan Brown. Then for juniors, there's Bear and Chris Jones. I think if those 7 left early they would be guaranteed to get drafted.

But let's look at this starting 11 on defense. Who from this group doesn't get drafted when they leave? I think the entire starting DL gets drafted. Richie Brown will, Benny Brown will. Redmond and Calhoun will, if Coman starts I think he will. So that's 9. Zac Jack and Market if he starts are the only 2 I don't see as draftable guys. Anyone disagree?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Think back to the past (say the Croom error, or era). We might have had 50 of 85 that are SEC caliber. Maybe. Under Mullen we have probably 75-80 of 85. The redshirt program has helped. Depth means guys aren't forced to play too early and can redshirt (like wideout Chris Smith was forced to play as a true freshman when he should have redshirted).

Get the talent, redshirt and develop, get guys who buy in, have a high retention rate. Keep class and position balance in recruiting. Use JUCO selectively.

sbcmortgageman
08-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Think back to the past (say the Croom error, or era). We might have had 50 of 85 that are SEC caliber. Maybe. Under Mullen we have probably 75-80 of 85. The redshirt program has helped. Depth means guys aren't forced to play too early and can redshirt (like wideout Chris Smith was forced to play as a true freshman when he should have redshirted).

Get the talent, redshirt and develop, get guys who buy in, have a high retention rate. Keep class and position balance in recruiting. Use JUCO selectively.

Mulllen doesn't sign kids that aren't SEC caliber.

Pinto
08-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Don't forget Will "thanks brackey" Redmond

Coach34
08-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Here is a great link for the top 80 Seniors this year from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000496305/article/top-senior-prospects-for-2016-draft-top-50

Talks about Redmond and Brown...dont forget Kiper has Redmond as the top Sr CB in the country entering 2015

Walter Camp has Bear Wilson going 3rd-5th round- but I cant see him going later than the 3rd- probably goes in the 2nd:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php

NFL draftscout has Calhoun the 12th best CB in his class- thats a mid round draft pick:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120279&draftyear=2016&genpos=CB

Dakota and Jones are money- they just have to let their talent flow in 2015

IMissJack
08-22-2015, 08:58 PM

Which scares the heck out of me for next year.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Yes he does. All coaches do. Obviously he thinks they are all SEC caliber when he signs them. But when they get on campus, sometimes you find out they aren't. It happens to every coach. But he isn't walking as closely to the line as Croom was, plus he evaluates better. But he still misses on some. No coach bats 1.000.

Coach34
08-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Which scares the heck out of me for next year.

There will be dropoff in 2016- no doubt about it. But the OL will be solid, the RB's and WR's will still be good. Lots of D concerns in 2016 along the DL and at CB. Plus a new QB.

IMissJack
08-22-2015, 09:21 PM
There will be dropoff in 2016- no doubt about it. But the OL will be solid, the RB's and WR's will still be good. Lots of D concerns in 2016 along the DL and at CB. Plus a new QB.

I just wish we had gotten or get a couple of JUCO DLinemen.

Schultzy
08-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Do you have a link?

I am the link.

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 10:05 PM
I love that everyone says we finish last. If your guys come through ( which they will), there is nothing like the collective " I told you so" after we win a few.

Just imagine all their " well the media was wrong on State again". Remember Marcis Spears last year having to eat it after he said State had no chance against LSU? There are a lot more people who could be made to eat it this year.

When it happens it's gonna be fantastic and make the season even better.

Spears has somewhat changed his tune on us. I don't know that he's a true believer but if we beat his Alma mater I think he'll be on board as far giving us a real chance to win the West.

dawgwood
08-23-2015, 08:42 AM
It's amazing how much group think there is in the media.

Yesterday, the new SEC guy & former Ark QB Clint Stoerner, said the he expected MSU to finish last because they didn't have anything around Dak.

When the BR guy predicted MSU to win the SEC West, the comments section was filled with, "They don't have anything around Dak."

Where did this incredibly untrue statement start & why has everyone just chosen to believe it without doing a single bit of research to discern if it's true or not?

Young safeties. McLaurin, Bryant, Peters have more raw talent than Cox, Hughes, Market. And it's like that at most position. Talent level keeps coming up.

Will Aj Jefferson be draft eligible. I'm hoping he have a huge year.

Coach34
08-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Yes but I don't see him leaving early because he doesn't have the typical measureables the NFL is looking for

BulldogDX55
08-23-2015, 09:40 AM

Some guys don't work out. No coach, not even Saban, is 100% on their signings.