PDA

View Full Version : I still have no clue how the officials

missouridawg
08-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Had enough evidence to overturn the Henry TD at Bama. He very well may have been over the line, but th evidence to overturn just wasn't there.

And are watching this gets me even more excited about Bear. He made some great catches in this game.

msstate7
08-22-2015, 12:05 PM
On field officials make mistakes bc the action is fast. A review official shouldn't make a mistake... It's either conclusive or it's not. I think review officials should be made available for post game pressers and justify their decisions. If the review is conclusive, shouldn't be an issue

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2015, 12:06 PM
I actually agree with this.

Henry got over the line, but the officials called it a fumble on the field & their simply wasn't conclusive evidence that he got over the line.

I'm really not sure why this wasn't discussed more in the media. Maybe it's because the media is 70% Bama homers.

I'm not sure, but it's clear that the SEC officials did not follow protocol in that situation. Decisions like that could open Pandora's Box if made consistently. The only way to overturn the call on the field is "Conclusive Evidence" and their simply wasn't any in that situation.

I'd love to hear Tusk's viewpoint on this, but, if it happened to Bama in reverse, I'm sure they would've been rioting.

msstate7
08-22-2015, 12:11 PM
I've had an idea for awhile, but I'm not sure how feasible it is...

Have 3 different review guys in different rooms. Each gets 3 minutes to review and that's it. After 3 minutes, enter decision. 2 of 3 gets the call.

confucius say
08-22-2015, 12:12 PM
I think the head referee should be always be made available to the press after the game. Ncaa football is a billion dollar industry. Fans deserve transparency.

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 12:16 PM
I've had an idea for awhile, but I'm not sure how feasible it is...

Have 3 different review guys in different rooms. Each gets 3 minutes to review and that's it. After 3 minutes, enter decision. 2 of 3 gets the call.

I like this idea a lot

Maroonthirteen
08-22-2015, 12:23 PM
From the aerial shot, his waist was almost to the goal. He scored....unfortunately.

msstate7
08-22-2015, 12:27 PM
From the aerial shot, his waist was almost to the goal. He scored....unfortunately.

Going from memory, but I don't think you could see ball. If the ruling on the field is a fumble at the goal line, then seeing the ball is pretty important.

Btw, I'm 99% sure he scored, but the video didn't prove it IMO

confucius say
08-22-2015, 12:29 PM

No doubt he scored. The problem was, everybody knew he most likely scored, but there was no conclusive view showing as much. Difficult situation for sure.

Eta: and the deeper question is, what does conclusive mean? Do you actually have to see the ball cross, or is it sufficient if you can tell by all the surrounding circumstances that the ball crossed even if you can't see the ball?

msstate7
08-22-2015, 12:32 PM
No doubt he scored. The problem was, everybody knew he most likely scored, but there was no conclusive view showing as much. Difficult situation for sure.

How long before the goal line has some sort of reader and the ball has a chip in the ends?

missouridawg
08-22-2015, 12:34 PM

I agree that he likely scored, but there has to be conclusive evidence that he did to overturn a call on the field. There was not conclusive evidence because of the angles the camera had on the play.

I used to referee and umpire.... And I typically side with the refs in almost all instances of replay. But here, they did not follow protocol. Unless they had a different camera angle that we did not see, there was not enough evidence to overturn the call.

drunkernhelldawg
08-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Home cooking. They bent the rule based on probability. It's another officiating outrage, another screw job for my team. Ugh!

DancingRabbit
08-22-2015, 01:13 PM
If it had been MSU on offense there, would the call have been over-turned?

It's sad that I'm so cynical about such situations, but in my opinion if the roles were reversed the call would not have been reversed.

drunkernhelldawg
08-22-2015, 01:25 PM
If it had been MSU on offense there, would the call have been over-turned?

It's sad that I'm so cynical about such situations, but in my opinion if the roles were reversed the call would not have been reversed.

With all that was on the line in that game, it was incredibly flippant of the official to make up that rule. He should never be in that role again.

TUSK
08-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Had enough evidence to overturn the Henry TD at Bama. He very well may have been over the line, but th evidence to overturn just wasn't there.

And are watching this gets me even more excited about Bear. He made some great catches in this game.

edit: I don't think they did have enough evidence.

that being said, if the officials have to screw up twice to get the call correct, I'm aight with it.

SDDawg
08-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Bear is a stud. The stars has to align for us to not stomp Bammer. If we had *ANYTHING* offensively two years ago would have beaten them in that game. Going to be a nice year putting a whipping on LSU, Bammer and OM.

TUSK
08-22-2015, 02:32 PM
I actually agree with this.

Henry got over the line, but the officials called it a fumble on the field & their simply wasn't conclusive evidence that he got over the line.

I'm really not sure why this wasn't discussed more in the media. Maybe it's because the media is 70% Bama homers.

I'm not sure, but it's clear that the SEC officials did not follow protocol in that situation. Decisions like that could open Pandora's Box if made consistently. The only way to overturn the call on the field is "Conclusive Evidence" and their simply wasn't any in that situation.

I'd love to hear Tusk's viewpoint on this, but, if it happened to Bama in reverse, I'm sure they would've been rioting.

off the top of my head, the best one I can remember was when the officials used Instant Replay to make a call giving LSU back the ball (after a fumble) in 2000 at Baton Rouge...

There was NO Instant Replay Rule then...

IMissJack
08-22-2015, 03:02 PM
How long before the goal line has some sort of reader and the ball has a chip in the ends?

I believe I read that they are experimenting with a computer home plate umpire in some minor league baseball games this year, if not next.

Percho
08-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Frame by Frame for YouTube, get it and watch it. The ball was out and or there is not any conclusive evidence.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2015, 03:59 PM
I just re watched LSU game. Still pissed about Redmond being called for pass interference in the end zone (which set up goal line stand). It was great coverage. Baton Rouge on Saturday night.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Going to be a nice year putting a whipping on LSU, Bammer and OM.

Not to be a wet blanket, but when was the last time we did that? Had to have been 1980.

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Not to be a wet blanket, but when was the last time we did that? Had to have been 1980.

That's correct

IMissJack
08-22-2015, 09:05 PM

Plus Auburn.

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Plus Auburn.

And lost to Mississippi Southern. Let's don't repeat that part of 1980. Much much much more of a "bad" loss now than it was back then. Of course it would take a rampant outbreak of the green apple two step in our locker room for USM to have any real shot this year.

TUSK
08-22-2015, 10:05 PM
And lost to Mississippi Southern. Let's don't repeat that part of 1980. Much much much more of a "bad" loss now than it was back then. Of course it would take a rampant outbreak of the green apple two step in our locker room for USM to have any real shot this year.

so, has MSU beaten USM, OM, AU and Bammer in the same year? Yall gonna make me build a freakin XLS, dang it

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 10:13 PM
so, has MSU beaten USM, OM, AU and Bammer in the same year? Yall gonna make me build a freakin XLS, dang it

Considering we first played USM in 1964 and the last time we'd beaten Bammer before 1980 had been 1957, then no, we haven't. Time to make history!

TUSK
08-22-2015, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=BulldogBear;399797]Considering we first played USM in 1964 and the last time we'd beaten Bammer before 1980 had been 1957, then no, we haven't. Time to make history![/Q

roger that, Bear...

I didn't realize yall played USM so seldom...

I did come up w this (since '40):

MSU clipped both Bammer and LSU in: 54, 57 & 80

yall seem to give West GA more shit, historically...

NCDawg
08-23-2015, 01:17 AM
Frame by Frame for YouTube, get it and watch it. The ball was out and or there is not any conclusive evidence.

Agreed. The call on the field was a fumble and our ball. From every angle shown on TV, there was inconclusive evidence to overturn the call. The Referee then said "The call on the field was a touchdown". This is incorrect. The call on the field was a fumble.