08-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Anyone nearby & going?

mstatefan91
08-21-2015, 05:38 PM
I'll be there with a friend

DawgHouseUnited
08-21-2015, 05:42 PM
I'll be there with a friend

Awesome. I'll be there too. Was just wondering if anyone else would be. They have some nice looking gear for joining the booster club.

jumbo
08-21-2015, 06:02 PM
No soccer talk on this board. Remember?

DawgHouseUnited
08-21-2015, 06:06 PM
No soccer talk on this board. Remember?

Haha I forgot!

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-21-2015, 09:11 PM
Lost 1-0

Had several chances to score, but couldn't get it done. I don't know shat about soccer, but it looked like once we crossed midfield instead of working the ball in close by utilizing the players around them, we would launch a shot from way out that would only go in if the goalie fell down. Hell, now that I think about it, the goalie could have been behind the goal on most of those and they still wouldn't have found the net.

mstatefan91
08-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Lost 1-0

Had several chances to score, but couldn't get it done. I don't know shat about soccer, but it looked like once we crossed midfield instead of working the ball in close by utilizing the players around them, we would launch a shot from way out that would only go in if the goalie fell down. Hell, now that I think about it, the goalie could have been behind the goal on most of those and they still wouldn't have found the net.

We still lack sustainable possession. We don't build up from the back. We launch it forward and hope that one of our wingers or strikers will possess or get to goal quickly.

Lot of fight in this team though

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-21-2015, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=mstatefan91;399487]We still lack sustainable possession. We don't build up from the back. We launch it forward and hope that one of our wingers or strikers will possess or get to goal quickly.

That's what I said....in a round about way. Thanks for putting it in soccer terms. Sustainable possession....I like that. Perfect analysis.

dickiedawg
08-21-2015, 09:53 PM
We really outplayed them. Having that goal called back in the 81' was obviously a huge momentum swing, and let them break our backs a minute later.

Ariana Holmes is fun to watch play. She turns about any free kick into a scoring chance. Mullen should give her a shot at place kicker.

mstatefan91
08-21-2015, 10:02 PM
That's what I said....in a round about way. Thanks for putting it in soccer terms. Sustainable possession....I like that. Perfect analysis.

Lol. What I mean is that we are very choppy with our possession of the ball. Sometimes we work it up field with some passing sequences, but a lot of the time, we get impatient and boot it forward hoping that something will happen.

It leads to the inability to dictate the pace of the game which is what good teams try to do.

I agree dickiedawg. The called back goal had an immediate impact. The body language of the team instantly changed and South Alabama took advantage.

DawgHouseUnited
08-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Yeah lots of dump and chase. We didn't attack the ball well imo. Also lost a lot of battles in the air.

mstatefan91
08-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Yeah lots of dump and chase. We didn't attack the ball well imo. Also lost a lot of battles in the air.

We attacked the ball. We just didn't always find our mark. I've played a lot of soccer and watched a lot in my life, but I don't think I've ever seen that many missed headers/free balls (at this level of play at least).

It was weird. They were obviously trying to go for the ball, but they missed the majority of the balls in the air. And don't get me started on the misguided flicks. We flick the ball on with no clue as to where other players actually are..

My biggest impression was that the team doesn't seem to be situationally aware.

DawgHouseUnited
08-22-2015, 02:10 AM
We attacked the ball. We just didn't always find our mark. I've played a lot of soccer and watched a lot in my life, but I don't think I've ever seen that many missed headers/free balls (at this level of play at least).

It was weird. They were obviously trying to go for the ball, but they missed the majority of the balls in the air. And don't get me started on the misguided flicks. We flick the ball on with no clue as to where other players actually are..

My biggest impression was that the team doesn't seem to be situationally aware.

I dunno, it seemed like the other team got to the ball faster than us. And yeah I couldn't believe the number of missed headers.