PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating for the LSWho Game......

BorneDawg
08-21-2015, 02:44 PM
When is everybody going to start? Make a whole day of it? or waiting till afternoon since its a late starting game.....

5 Star
08-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Finally a great thread topic.

The early games suck, plus I am coming from Alabama and Alabama has a home game, so I'll be looking to get there early. Good 5 hours of whiskey drinking then get ready to watch Oklahoma and Tennessee. Then do the dog walk and all that about 6. You've got time to do it all on this game.

LC Dawg
08-21-2015, 03:28 PM
I plan on being on campus by noon. I plan on drinking until about 7:30 and then take a few minutes to sober up enough to walk to the stadium.
I was raised to always be hospitable to your guests so I've ordered a gross of corn dogs for our visitors from Baton Rouge.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2015, 03:35 PM
I plan on being on campus by noon. I plan on drinking until about 7:30 and then take a few minutes to sober up enough to walk to the stadium.
I was raised to always be hospitable to your guests so I've ordered a gross of corn dogs for our visitors from Baton Rouge.
Are you going to spike them with exlax?

archdog
08-21-2015, 03:44 PM
I am going to leave the house around 12. Start tailgating around 12:30. We set up where the tin gym sidewalk meets creelman. Should be a blast.

LC Dawg
08-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Are you going to spike them with exlax?

No. I don't want them in the bathroom. I want them watching every second of the thrashing we are going to give them.
Plus, that could get nasty for all of us. I don't think the ones from deep in the bayou are that familiar with indoor plumbing.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2015, 03:52 PM
No. I don't want them in the bathroom. I want them watching every second of the thrashing we are going to give them.
Plus, that could get nasty for all of us. I don't think the ones from deep in the bayou are that familiar with indoor plumbing.

Mama say indoor plumbing is the devil.

Mjoelner34
08-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Start 7:30 ~ 8:00 as always. I'll have to take a nap to hold out that long. Luckily, I'll have plenty of time.

Dawgbite
08-21-2015, 06:59 PM
If I can make the stars align, I'm going to campus Thursday afternoon to see Mac McAnally, sleep late Friday morning, eat breakfast at City Cafe, take nap, go stock my locker, try not to drink too much while I'm grilling supper, fix bloody Mary's early Saturday morning because you can't drink all day if you don't start early, hope somebody else cooks lunch while I watch the early games. Go to the junction about 5 and bum beer off everybody I know but haven't seen in 8 months, head in the stadium about 6:30 to watch pregame. Kick LSWho's ass, go to bed, get up and go home. So to answer your question, hopefully Thursday night but Friday about noon at the latest.

BorneDawg
08-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Thinking about coming down early setting up having fun for awhile then nap before DaWG walk

BulldogBear
08-21-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm usually up there by noon regardless of kickoff time (unless early game of course), but that week I may be trying to pull a double and see Fresno State with my Bear buddy since we have a late kickoff. I'm not sure how hard it is to get out of Oxfart postgame heading East. I haven't actually trekked directly between the two schools very often. As big of a game as the LSU one will be I'm wondering if I'm gonna end up parking down by the MHP and walking up and cutting behind the BSU. Kickoff at VH at 1430 so ought to be done by 1730. Can I pull it off?

Billy Ray Valentine
08-21-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm usually up there by noon regardless of kickoff time (unless early game of course), but that week I may be trying to pull a double and see Fresno State with my Bear buddy since we have a late kickoff. I'm not sure how hard it is to get out of Oxfart postgame heading East. I haven't actually trekked directly between the two schools very often. As big of a game as the LSU one will be I'm wondering if I'm gonna end up parking down by the MHP and walking up and cutting behind the BSU. Kickoff at VH at 1430 so ought to be done by 1730. Can I pull it off?
If you're trying to make kickoff you prolly need to leave the bear game early

Bass Chaser
08-21-2015, 08:56 PM
We'll be making a whole day of it.

woozman
08-22-2015, 05:14 AM
I am going to leave the house around 12. Start tailgating around 12:30.

Damn, that must be nice - 4 hour drive for me from the coast. We're paying for a tailgate setup company this year and I intend to take full advantage of the fact that they will have us set up by 9:00. Will leave work early on that Friday and drive up that afternoon. Will grab some food and beers that night and then show up the next morning around 9:30. Will more than likely have a really good buzz by the time my tailgate mates make it in from Memphis. I'll have the gumbo waiting on them.

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2015, 07:22 AM
One day I'll have season tickets and can do all this. In the meantime I'm sure my 8 and 5 year old will have me up by 7:00am and we'll spend the day watching early games and piddling around the house. Then we may go out and play a little football in the yard. By game time I'll have my superstition required sausage and cream cheese dip and a Mello Yello and then settle in and try to stay calm as I watch the game on TV.

I seen it dawg
08-22-2015, 08:22 AM
Bringing some Subway sandwiches for our visitors. Courtesy of Jared

Pollodawg
08-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Put in a big pot of chicken, sausage, and shrimp gumbo, move the TV out on the deck, make sure the beer is ice cold, and watch us start a streak against the Tigras of LUS.

5 Star
08-22-2015, 09:19 AM
One day I'll have season tickets and can do all this. In the meantime I'm sure my 8 and 5 year old will have me up by 7:00am and we'll spend the day watching early games and piddling around the house. Then we may go out and play a little football in the yard. By game time I'll have my superstition required sausage and cream cheese dip and a Mello Yello and then settle in and try to stay calm as I watch the game on TV.
You live in Starkville and don't have season tickets?

WEAK

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2015, 09:43 AM
You live in Starkville and don't have season tickets?

WEAK

Excuse me for having other things I need to spend my money on like my house and providing for my kids. Living in Starkville doesn't make the tickets any cheaper.

Coach34
08-22-2015, 10:14 AM
I'll be looking for the lady that brought the homemade chocolate chip cookie dough to eat and scoop out with vanilla wafers. Great way to start the day

BulldogBear
08-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Excuse me for having other things I need to spend my money on like my house and providing for my kids. Living in Starkville doesn't make the tickets any cheaper.

For the record, I liked your Saturday plans. Ever since I started going to so many games I sometimes miss just sitting around all day Saturday watching and cooking from GameDay thru the Hawaii game! It's a choice I make of course but it means I don't get to have the all day Saturday college football chill out but once or twice a season. My youngest is now 17 as well. Enjoy them while you can!

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2015, 01:00 PM
For the record, I liked your Saturday plans. Ever since I started going to so many games I sometimes miss just sitting around all day Saturday watching and cooking from GameDay thru the Hawaii game! It's a choice I make of course but it means I don't get to have the all day Saturday college football chill out but once or twice a season. My youngest is now 17 as well. Enjoy them while you can!

I love going to the games and the atmosphere. My son is five and someone had some extra tickets to the AR game last year. He was speechless with the team entrance and just the game atmosphere.

5 Star
08-22-2015, 01:02 PM
I got kids too, that excuse doesn't fly. I live 2.5 hours away and still make 3-4 games a year and honestly I can't talk either - I know plenty of folks from the Coast that come to every game and stay 2 days doing it. You should at least have the 3-game mini pack.

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2015, 01:14 PM
I got kids too, that excuse doesn't fly. I live 2.5 hours away and still make 3-4 games a year and honestly I can't talk either - I know plenty of folks from the Coast that come to every game and stay 2 days doing it. You should at least have the 3-game mini pack.

You're not worth an explanation or background of my situation. Sorry I don't measure up to your standards of a fan. Now go 17 yourself with a rusty jackhammer.

LC Dawg
08-22-2015, 01:51 PM

It's really arrogant of you to tell someone how to spend their money. The man is a State fan but needs to allocate his money for other things right now. A lot of us have been there. You're no more special than anyone else because of the money you spend on tickets.

BorneDawg
08-22-2015, 01:58 PM
I go a lot without a ticket and tailgate and watch from tent . I'm also not able to fund season tickets .... But someday I will. I take give'm tickets when avaible . took my daughters last year and they loved it. This year upgraded tailgate stiff and got a tent , table and generator. So chipping away and will hopefully be able to get tickets next year .

Dawgfan1013
08-22-2015, 02:01 PM
I love going to the games and the atmosphere. My son is five and someone had some extra tickets to the AR game last year. He was speechless with the team entrance and just the game atmosphere.

Starkvegas I live here to and we put up 6 tents for our tailgate. You are welcome at my tents any day you want to bring the kids out. We have plenty of room to play football and have children as well. Send me a note and I will tell you where we are. The Tv's will be up for games and we welcome all dawgs to our tents

I seen it dawg
08-22-2015, 02:11 PM

Don't be a ****ing asshole

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Starkvegas I live here to and we put up 6 tents for our tailgate. You are welcome at my tents any day you want to bring the kids out. We have plenty of room to play football and have children as well. Send me a note and I will tell you where we are. The Tv's will be up for games and we welcome all dawgs to our tents

May well have to take you up on that. I really appreciate it. Would just have to make sure my boy knows it would just be tailgating and hope his extreme shyness wouldn't mean he spends the entire time surgically attached to the back of my leg.

5 Star
08-22-2015, 05:47 PM
You're not worth an explanation or background of my situation. Sorry I don't measure up to your standards of a fan. Now go 17 yourself with a rusty jackhammer.
Fair enough, as long as you realize how good you have it, being that close. You really don't get to complain and say, "One day I'll get to do this...." when you have the easiest and cheapest access of anyone. No hotel, no travel.

That was my point. But by all means, get upset if you like. Perhaps I am a little jealous that you live in Starkville and it's a pet peeve to see Starkvillians complain. Feel better now?

And yes, I have high standards for MSU fans. I would hope we all do.

I will say this also. My happy ass isn't standing in that line that many did at fan day. That's true dedication.

Dawgfan1013
08-22-2015, 07:25 PM
My son does the same thing...bring your whole family...all we ask is you bring some drinks for you and him and something like some cookies or chips.

Just so you know the first game we got a Cajun making pasta for us and I promise it will be the best food of the day.

And C34 and I seen it know me as well as political hack

Dawgfan1013
08-22-2015, 07:38 PM
I just moved back from Atlanta and spent my vacation time coming here for ball games...17 your standards you have no right telling someone what and how to spend their time and money...please don't respond because your gong to look dumber than you already do.

And just in case you want to respond check my picture...C34 been on that rig and knows my loyalty to State

Dawgfan1013
08-22-2015, 07:39 PM
I forgot to add we start at 7 am for every game while the rest sleep

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Fair enough, as long as you realize how good you have it, being that close. You really don't get to complain and say, "One day I'll get to do this...." when you have the easiest and cheapest access of anyone. No hotel, no travel.

That was my point. But by all means, get upset if you like. Perhaps I am a little jealous that you live in Starkville and it's a pet peeve to see Starkvillians complain. Feel better now?

And yes, I have high standards for MSU fans. I would hope we all do.

I will say this also. My happy ass isn't standing in that line that many did at fan day. That's true dedication.

I wasn't complaining. A question was asked in a thread and I answered it. As far as I was concerned that was it. But yes, it ticked me off to have someone that doesn't know me tell me what I should be doing and telling me I don't have excuses for not buying season tickets and that I'm less of a fan because I don't just because I live in Starkville. There's a lot of diehard MSU fans that live here and 99.9999% don't have season tickets.

BorneDawg
08-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Come on now guys were supposed to be a brotherhood a family. Save the ill words for lswho the buzzards and tsun

TUSK
08-23-2015, 12:06 AM

Daddio, I have season tickets to Bammer games and live 50 miles from Bryant Denny... they prolly cost as much as much as a freaking liver transplant... I usually just go to games when someone asks if they can go to a Bammer game...

I don't lettem go bc they are Suh Weet seats and I always make sure someone deserving gets them....

just bc someone doesn't tailgate, doesn't make one less a fan....

TUSK
08-23-2015, 12:27 AM
delete

Bothrops
08-23-2015, 01:38 AM
I'm not drinking anything unless we win the game. If I do drink beforehand and the outcome is not good, my hangover starts immediately and gets pretty intense.

5 Star
08-23-2015, 09:44 AM
I just moved back from Atlanta and spent my vacation time coming here for ball games...17 your standards you have no right telling someone what and how to spend their time and money...please don't respond because your gong to look dumber than you already do.

And just in case you want to respond check my picture...C34 been on that rig and knows my loyalty to State
I have a right to my opinion, and I shared it. It is a message board after all. Ease up, sparky. What I think really ain't that big a deal.