08-21-2015, 01:08 PM
How soon can he play?

Maroon_and_white
08-21-2015, 01:15 PM
How soon can he play?

redshirt this year and play next year.

RoverDog
08-21-2015, 01:58 PM
How often does this work out, a QB transferring from one D1 school to another? Who were some highly though of QBs that transferred because of playing time/depth chart and played a significant role on a successful team? The obvious flops come to mind...Snead, Masoli..the infamous Mitch Mustain....(Jury still out on Coker).....I think Ryan Mallet (Michigan?) is the only one that comes to mind right now that was moderately successful. I'm sure there are a few, but my memory is bad.

ETA: Mettenberger

mic
08-21-2015, 01:59 PM
He better hope he doesn't have to "compete" for the job or he might take his ball and go elsewhere...

TUSK
08-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Just saw this...

Regardless if he "pans out" or not, Arkansas just got a lot better (moving forward).

WPS
08-21-2015, 02:08 PM
How often does this work out, a QB transferring from one D1 school to another? Who were some highly though of QBs that transferred because of playing time/depth chart and played a significant role on a successful team? The obvious flops come to mind...Snead, Masoli..the infamous Mitch Mustain....(Jury still out on Coker).....I think Ryan Mallet (Michigan?) is the only one that comes to mind right now that was moderately successful. I'm sure there are a few, but my memory is bad.

Russell Wilson but that wasn't really due to playing time lol. Gunner Kiel had a good year at Cincy.

It will be an interesting QB competition in Fayetteville next year. If you go by Rivals Town was the #5 ranked pro style QB and Arkansas has the #6 one already there in his same class, plus a 4* from 2014.

hailmari
08-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Wesley Carrol.

5 Star
08-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Just saw this...

Regardless if he "pans out" or not, Arkansas just got a lot better (moving forward).
Agree, there's no way to know if the guy will be great, but you have to sign them to find out.

maroonmania
08-21-2015, 03:37 PM

Ryan Mallett was pretty good for Arkansas in 2010. Didn't he transfer from Michigan?

RoverDog
08-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Russell Wilson but that wasn't really due to playing time lol. Gunner Kiel had a good year at Cincy.

It will be an interesting QB competition in Fayetteville next year. If you go by Rivals Town was the #5 ranked pro style QB and Arkansas has the #6 one already there in his same class, plus a 4* from 2014.

Those are 2 good ones that I hadn't thought of....a buddy of mine brought up Troy Aikman (UCLA from OK).

RoverDog
08-21-2015, 03:48 PM
"Ryan Mallett was pretty good for Arkansas in 2010. Didn't he transfer from Michigan?"

I think so....I mentioned him in my first reply

Dallas_Dawg
08-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Better question, how many lose the qb battle at their original schools and then go on to be stars at their new schools? Mallet transferred due to new coach and system.
It's kind of a red flag to me when a kid loses a qb competition and then transfers. I think Jacob Coker must suck if he hasn't already won the Bama job.

oldjoedawg
08-21-2015, 05:10 PM
So. Cal was his first choice and now that he has to face a battle for playing time, he chooses to run......something ain't right in his 'make-up'... IMO