PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Radio last night

BorneDawg
08-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Was anyone listening around 7:30-8 ?
I just caught part of it but they were talking about hurry up offenses and how the media and some others want it slowed down. Then mentioned how CDM had said something during SEC media days about if they were going to do it in the name of player safety that they should also limit the size of running backs and lineman. They kept referring to CDM and some other coaches as having a good point that you cant limit the speed of the game or something to that effect. Does anyone know who's show it was?Where I could find it to listen to again.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Coaches that don't like it are coaches like Saban because it takes away his depth advantage. It doesn't matter if he has guys on the bench if he can't get them into the game. It greatly levels the playing field from a recruiting stand point.

mstatefan91
08-21-2015, 10:59 AM
I hate the media.. bunch of pouty sissies who whine and cry when they don't get what they want.

Really Clark?
08-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Coaches that don't like it are coaches like Saban because it takes away his depth advantage. It doesn't matter if he has guys on the bench if he can't get them into the game. It greatly levels the playing field from a recruiting stand point.

Not just depth but as much about play calling and substitutions. He has always been about reading the offense personnel and alignment to make adjustments. Even before he was at Bama. He loses that with HUNH.