PDA

View Full Version : Worst pants in history of football?

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Hey look, I'm not going to complain because they are practice pants, but, if Adidas ever insists that MSU wear these in a game, I'll gladly give them back all these 4 & 5 basketball players.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11902324_1083218795023935_5285566999547617609_n.jp g?oh=d945a449cfe8d73e05771587225bb8c9&oe=564053BA

BayouDawg
08-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Dear lord I hope these are just practice pants. I have a bad feeling we'll be wearing these come Sept. 5th. At the end of the day though if we're in contention for the the West come November again this season I wouldn't care if we were wearing the Croom error unis. But seriously the Giant m state has got to go.

mstatefan91
08-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Is Shotgun implying that he would give up Newman for giant logo-less pants? Surely I read that wrong

ScoobaDawg
08-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Is Shotgun implying that he would give up Newman for giant logo-less pants? Surely I read that wrong

Does it really surprise you? Shotgun says a lot of off the wall way out there stupid stuff. Just another example.

ChevChelios
08-21-2015, 01:30 AM
Yall need to ease up. They are just pants... and to say you would trade our bball over wearing them is ridiculous.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2015, 01:41 AM

Goodness fellas. Lighten up

thunderclap
08-21-2015, 06:49 AM
You obviously didn't see the Cleveland Browns new pants.

MafiaDawg
08-21-2015, 07:04 AM
I don't think we would bust our new game pants in a scrimmage. I'm guessing these are strictly for practice.

blacklistedbully
08-21-2015, 07:09 AM
They don't bother me at all. Some of y'all are making WAY too big a deal outta this, IMO.

WinningIsRelentless
08-21-2015, 07:14 AM
We could wear hot pink if it meant we won a national championship for all I care.

godlluB
08-21-2015, 07:24 AM
I'm one of the biggest Adidas uniform haters out there, but I liked the big M on the pants last season. These might be a bit much, but I'd like to see them in person before forming a final opinion.

pscf3
08-21-2015, 07:32 AM
Don't count on those "just being practice pants".....

BulldogBear
08-21-2015, 07:36 AM
I HATE the oreo look for a visiting uni. Please wear white "trousers." I don't think we would practice in a game uni though. These are the maroon version of the 100 year pants from last season. We probably just never got a around to wearing them. I am thankful.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Was that from the scrimmage last night? Anyone got updates they can share?

archdog
08-21-2015, 08:11 AM
My point is this. Our comments on last years uniforms were oh so easy to incorporate into this years uniforms.
1. No Logo tramp stamp on the hip. Solution - Remove it.
2. Give us a White version of the 100 year uniform. - Solution is easy.
3. No maxipad on the helmet - Remove the stripe.
4. Possibly a dark grey version as an alternate.

When in doubt, just use ChillyBilly's design.

I mean come on. Those are all very easy and Chilly Billy has already done the work for you.

Other than that, just win every game.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Do you guys really think we'd be practicing in this year's game pants? These were some pants they had ordered for last year that we decided not to wear. They may decide to wear some maroon pants this year but these are just left over from last year.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Didn't they say last year we would be wearing the anniversary uniform this entire season?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-21-2015, 08:33 AM
Didn't they say last year we would be wearing the anniversary uniform this entire season?

Yes they are our permanent uniforms now.

blacklistedbully
08-21-2015, 08:36 AM
My point is this. Our comments on last years uniforms were oh so easy to incorporate into this years uniforms.
1. No Logo tramp stamp on the hip. Solution - Remove it.
2. Give us a White version of the 100 year uniform. - Solution is easy.
3. No maxipad on the helmet - Remove the stripe.
4. Possibly a dark grey version as an alternate.

When in doubt, just use ChillyBilly's design.

I mean come on. Those are all very easy and Chilly Billy has already done the work for you.

Other than that, just win every game.

FYI, ChillyBilly's Bulldog helmet design was my idea. He just never gave me any credit for it. In 2010, he was all about, "silver/gray helmets with the M-State logo on them". I suggested he add the bulldog. He just decided to also remove the, "M-State". He'd first suggested silver. I came back with a, "carbon-steel" request, which he did. Then I responded with the, "Bulldog" idea. From the sixpackspeak thread in 2010. Where it says, "ChillyBilly wrote", it included a couple of pics showing carbon steel. The bolded part was my response suggesting a "ferocious-looking snarling bulldog whose head comes to the front, jaws gaping at the facemask".

blacklistedbully #21 [URL="http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/436168/type/0"] [-]
12/28/10 08:42 PM
ChillbillyDawg wrote:

Def like the carbonized steel look of the one on the right. Would add some subtle "texture" onto the background, darkening it a bit more. Perhaps small black paw-prints or small bulldogs or small "interlocking MSU logos, as circa 1981 or so. For that matter, you could simply cover the base background with dozens of small, black current "M-State" logos.

Now that I think of it, what I think would look bad-ass is the carbon-steel look just as you have it, incluidng the maroon logo, but add to it a ferocious-looking snarling bulldog whose head come to the front, jaws gaping at the facemask, body partially obscured by the M-State logo, but clearly visible over the top and back of the logo.

mic
08-21-2015, 08:40 AM
They aren't as bad as the gameday pants that UMiss wore either last year or previous year.
The royal blue with Rebels down the side of leg..
I don't have pics of it nor do I want to look for them but they were the worse I have ever seen. Red ,white (gray) and blue are the hardest color combos to F'up .. And they did...

It's really time to get the season kicked off if we have threads about practice gear....

Ifyouonlyknew
08-21-2015, 08:41 AM
It's really time to get the season kicked off if we have threads about practice gear....

Amen. The bitching meter is just about broke.

Maroonthirteen
08-21-2015, 08:58 AM
I HATE the oreo look for a visiting uni. Please wear white "trousers." I don't think we would practice in a game uni though. These are the maroon version of the 100 year pants from last season. We probably just never got a around to wearing them. I am thankful.

I agree. I always thought our best road uniform was the maroon helmet, white jersey and pants. Classic.

But, I am tradionalist. So, I am just happy we haven't broke out something really ridiculous, like camo uniforms.

BayouDawg
08-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Do you guys really think we'd be practicing in this year's game pants? These were some pants they had ordered for last year that we decided not to wear. They may decide to wear some maroon pants this year but these are just left over from last year.
I'm hoping you're right. It doesn't seem like we would wear new game pants in a scrimmage. I'm thinking that the giant logo will gone this year

CadaverDawg
08-21-2015, 02:26 PM
I agree. I always thought our best road uniform was the maroon helmet, white jersey and pants. Classic.

But, I am tradionalist. So, I am just happy we haven't broke out something really ridiculous, like camo uniforms.

Yea, I've always loved our maroon helmets with white jersey and white pants look. It looks clean and classic. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't mind all the crazy looking stuff either.

http://www.mssportsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/fbclassic_smootf.jpg

5 Star
08-21-2015, 02:28 PM
I like them.

scottycameron
08-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Does adidas have a deal with MC Hammer? Seriously, you have to commend adidas for their hiring of blind retarded kids in the uniform department.

The white uni above my post is all we ever need. It's not rocket science.

jumbo
08-21-2015, 02:31 PM

there's another picture that shows it better but those are new pants. they have the new web pattern on them that Adidas rolled out this year...or at least was not on our pants last year

jumbo
08-21-2015, 02:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM5-ucjUYAAM62P.jpg:large

scottycameron
08-21-2015, 02:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM5-ucjUYAAM62P.jpg:large

Looks like Dak just went yard in the softball game and is being congratulated at home plate. If the football team doesn't like them the girls softball team can use them.

CadaverDawg
08-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Does adidas have a deal with MC Hammer? Seriously, you have to commend adidas for their hiring of blind retarded kids in the uniform department.

The white uni above my post is all we ever need. It's not rocket science.

Ha, it's not about what we "need". It's about what the players "want". They aren't recruiting me and you, they already got us.

pscf3
08-21-2015, 03:21 PM
there's another picture that shows it better but those are new pants. they have the new web pattern on them that Adidas rolled out this year...or at least was not on our pants last year

Exactly. Adidas debuted that pattern this summer. They may be only for practice. But there's no debating that they're new. Not "leftovers" or anything like that.

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/08/new-maroon-pants-just-for-practice-or.html

mcain31
08-21-2015, 03:29 PM
I like the pants. It's modern branding for a classic look.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-21-2015, 03:36 PM
The only thing I care about in this pic - did Staley get his pass off in time???

Mjoelner34
08-21-2015, 04:46 PM
My bad. Guess I misunderstood the title was aimed at us. The first thing that popped into my head was this:
http://cdn3.volusion.com/exqvo.psgcx/v/vspfiles/photos/Stadium-Pants-OleMiss-Red-2.jpg?1438169677

3dawgnight15
08-27-2015, 03:25 PM
These pants were part of a snapchat sent by the Hailstate team. On Wayne Mannequin. Can't post pics with my phone.

ETA Maybe that works

defiantdog
08-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Those pants make us 4-8 immediately******

mcain31
08-27-2015, 04:26 PM
These pants were part of a snapchat sent by the Hailstate team. On Wayne Mannequin. Can't post pics with my phone.

ETA Maybe that works

I like that look. It helps with MSU's branding initiative to grow our national presence

Drewbowski
08-27-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't expect our players to have a 100-yr of DWS patch.