PDA

View Full Version : BR picks State to win the West

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Somebody finally realizes the importance of Dak being under center.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2551909-college-football-predictions-picking-the-winner-of-each-power-five-conference/page/6

msstate7
08-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Weird. I never would've expected them to pick us

I seen it dawg
08-20-2015, 09:58 PM
They called me before the article...

Pollodawg
08-20-2015, 11:19 PM
This info in this article is a little off when it comes to Alabama, I don't expect Coker to start the first game of the season. He will miss lots of practice time with his surgery, and game prep starts in pretty much a week. In fact, if Coker couldn't take the job from two freshman after he spent all last seaosn in Tuscaloosa, he may not start at all. Bama will be hard pressed to bring a true freshman QB into Starkville this season.

Coach34
08-20-2015, 11:28 PM
"The winner of that Nov. 14 matchup will most likely be the team that advances to the SEC Championship Game."

Never in my 46 years have I seen a team picked to finish both 1st and last in the same season by the media. Never

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2015, 11:49 PM
"The winner of that Nov. 14 matchup will most likely be the team that advances to the SEC Championship Game."

Never in my 46 years have I seen a team picked to finish both 1st and last in the same season by the media. Never

Could only happen to MSU. If we were ANY other team nobody would pick us last. We would not find us picked below 3rd.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2015, 12:00 AM

I second this.

History has been made. MSU has to be the first team in, at least SEC history, to be picked first & last by at least one publication in a single year

TUSK
08-21-2015, 12:13 AM
This info in this article is a little off when it comes to Alabama, I don't expect Coker to start the first game of the season. He will miss lots of practice time with his surgery, and game prep starts in pretty much a week. In fact, if Coker couldn't take the job from two freshman after he spent all last seaosn in Tuscaloosa, he may not start at all. Bama will be hard pressed to bring a true freshman QB into Starkville this season.

Coker should be fine by the 5th... It's highly unlikely Barnett (Fr) will play any meaningful snaps... my bet is Cornwell (RS Fr) sees some legit PT (maybe gets the start) vs Wisky.. and I'm ok with that.

DancingRabbit
08-21-2015, 12:14 AM
My new favorite BR writer. Ha, he's getting roasted in the comments. Heads exploding. It's awesome.

Sidenote: Clemson, #13 in the coaches poll, picked by this guy to win the ACC ... lost 8 starters on defense and 4 on offense.

BulldogBear
08-21-2015, 07:26 AM
It's true that the comments are entertaining. Right in the first two comments we get the usual analysis
How can you pick them (us) because...yep, you guessed it....

1) returning defensive starters
2) Dak has no help

But I, Bulldogbear, submit to you ladies and gentleman that there is now a 3rd one and its the best yet. We've been picked last by everybody so therefor it is illogical to pick us first. No analysis just simply it us not logical to pick MSU. I guess the latter is a weird cousin of the name on the jersey problem we have.

15 days till kickoff!!!

BulldogDX55
08-21-2015, 07:59 AM
It's true that the comments are entertaining. Right in the first two comments we get the usual analysis
How can you pick them (us) because...yep, you guessed it....

1) returning defensive starters
2) Dak has no help

But I, Bulldogbear, submit to you ladies and gentleman that there is now a 3rd one and its the best yet. We've been picked last by everybody so therefor it is illogical to pick us first. No analysis just simply it us not logical to pick MSU. I guess the latter is a weird cousin of the name on the jersey problem we have.

15 days till kickoff!!!

3) But you're Mississippi State!

Said sadly unironically.

TrapGame
08-21-2015, 08:56 AM
It's pretty obvious not one of those commenters know a DAMN thing about our team.

C'mon September 5th! I'm ready to pop the top on this can of Maroon Dynamite!

Dental Dawg33
08-21-2015, 10:50 AM
I love the lack of respect we're getting. There will be a lot of folks eating crow, just like last year.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2015, 11:26 AM
They did make one mistake. They picked Georgia to win the West as well.

["Georgia gets the nod in these predictions, and though the Bulldogs don't get as lucky with their inter-divisional matchups—they host Alabama on Oct. 3 and play at Auburn on Nov. 14—they are the favorites to win the West largely due to the presence of Nick Chubb"]

Saltydog
08-21-2015, 04:31 PM
nt