PDA

View Full Version : College Corner in Ridgeland

Bigedawg
08-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Does anybody know the owners? I want to check it out but refuse to buy MSU gear from bears. Always shop at Iupe's but they seem to have some things Iupe's doesn't carry.

UMCDawg16
08-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Don't be like Northern Miss fans. That's like something they would do. Boycotting a company because of their affiliations is ridiculous.

Bigedawg
08-20-2015, 09:26 PM
Not boycotting. Just seems like blasphemy to buy State gear from a bear fan when there are plenty of MSU affiliated stores. I guess you answered my question in a round about way.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Was listening to H2H today and he was on there. Seemed like an OM fan, but he was very complimentary of his MSU customers. Said he had sold over 500 cowbells and could have sold a couple hundred more if he had not run out.

Instead of boycotting him, we should make him allocate more room for MSU items because of the demand. We usually are complaining of places not carrying MSU gear. Don't put one out of business that is carrying the things we want.

dogwalker
08-20-2015, 09:44 PM
The guy I talked to was a Bama fan (sidewalk alum). He was wearing MSU flip flops though.

msugolf
08-20-2015, 09:54 PM
They're good people and super nice. If they have something you like you should get it.

Bigedawg
08-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Everybody seems to like the guy but nobody is answering the question. Guess I'll hold off until LSU weekend. Sent some people there today to buy a cowbell. Just curious who I was referring business to.

Beaver
08-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Was listening to H2H today and he was on there. Seemed like an OM fan, but he was very complimentary of his MSU customers. Said he had sold over 500 cowbells and could have sold a couple hundred more if he had not run out.

Instead of boycotting him, we should make him allocate more room for MSU items because of the demand. We usually are complaining of places not carrying MSU gear. Don't put one out of business that is carrying the things we want.

Exactly.. The man is trying to make money. He'd sell a litter of bulldogs if he thought he could make a profit.

rabbitthedawg
08-21-2015, 08:29 AM
He is an ole miss graduate. His parents and wife's parents are very nice people. Wife is an MSU graduate. Go buy something from them, they are about as nice as they can be.

biscuit
08-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Nice folks. Got a shirt there

Bigedawg
08-21-2015, 09:07 AM
He is an ole miss graduate. His parents and wife's parents are very nice people. Wife is an MSU graduate. Go buy something from them, they are about as nice as they can be.

Thank you for the direct answer. House divided. I can live with that. I have purchased items there in the past and like the concept of the store. I wanted to make sure that my purchases weren't lining the coffers of the #network.

sleepy dawg
08-21-2015, 09:51 AM
I have purchased from JS Iupes and College Corner. Both are worth supporting, as both have things the other will not have.

Original48
08-21-2015, 01:49 PM
They're good people and super nice. If they have something you like you should get it.
This^

Ptolemy
08-21-2015, 02:29 PM
I live in 'bama...I wish I had somebody who graduated from either SEC school in Mississippi with a store to buy something MSU from, I can't shop for my tailgating gear except on ballgame weekends. Everything here is Blue, Orange, Crimson and White! :(

5 Star
08-21-2015, 02:32 PM
You should be refusing to do business with assholes, no matter what school within which their allegiance lies.

DAWGS1
08-25-2015, 06:36 PM
I got a great looking gray Cutter and Buck golf polo from there.
Exceptional customer service, best ever!
Great selection with hard to find items such as tee shirts, and home accessories.
Not sure if the owner is a State grad but a fan of MSU for sure!

32 Dive
08-26-2015, 10:04 AM
You should be refusing to do business with assholes, no matter what school within which their allegiance lies.

^^ This