PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Stapleton tore his ACL....

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Expected to miss 6 months. Just got the alert on my phone via the Bleacher Report app. Worth downloading if you don't have it, as they tend to break news and rumors pretty quickly.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Good thing he's already RS this year.

Hound_Dawg
08-20-2015, 12:16 PM
What are we averaging, like 1 ACL tear per year on the basketball team? Is that normal?

maroonmania
08-20-2015, 12:33 PM
What are we averaging, like 1 ACL tear per year on the basketball team? Is that normal?

I know Howland said we needed to replace the Hump floor because it doesn't have much give anymore and could potentially increase injuries but I assume all of these guys that have gotten knee injuries in the last few years during practice have all gotten them in the new facility so I don't know what's going on. I assume that's a new state-of-the-art floor over there.

state66
08-20-2015, 12:38 PM
They are reporting it was in a pick up game so I don't think it was in a formal practice or anything.

Dawg61
08-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Good thing he's already RS this year.

Yea hope he doesn't lose any hops

thf24
08-20-2015, 01:07 PM
I know Howland said we needed to replace the Hump floor because it doesn't have much give anymore and could potentially increase injuries but I assume all of these guys that have gotten knee injuries in the last few years during practice have all gotten them in the new facility so I don't know what's going on. I assume that's a new state-of-the-art floor over there.

That was my first thought, but apparently they practice in the Hump itself a good bit too.

maroonmania
08-20-2015, 01:11 PM
That was my first thought, but apparently they practice in the Hump itself a good bit too.

Interesting didn't realize that.