PDA

View Full Version : Manziel headed to the pokey for a couple of days

Coach34
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
@KBTXNews: BREAKING: Johnny Manziel pleads guilty to a 2012 failure to identify charge, receives sentence of two days in jail, $2,000 fine, court costs

Summerlin gonna have to suspend him a couple of games after all this crap

The Croom Diaries
07-15-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't think he'll get suspended. The incident occurred last summer - he is just now getting fined.

I seen it dawg
07-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Sumlin already addressed it a few weeks ago and said he had already served his internal punishment before last season started. Sure he did some Balis type activities until he puked.

Johnny Burrito is headed for a ESPN 30 for 30 if he don't get his shit together.

The Croom Diaries
07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Johnny Burrito is headed for a ESPN 30 for 30 if he don't get his shit together.

I agree. And I don't really see how he won't go pro after this year. If he is as committed to this lifestyle as we have all seen since the season ended I'm not sure why he would want to stay in college.

Coach34
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
No doubt this will be his last season in college

msstate7
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM

Hello Canadian league. He can't play qb in Nfl

The Croom Diaries
07-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Hello Canadian league. He can't play qb in Nfl
Why not?

Dawgface
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Why not?

I agree. Some NFL team will gladly scoop him up.

msstate7
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Why not?

Mainly his weak arm. I don't think he's big enough, of course Russell Wilson proved you don't have to have great size. Probably just me not liking him is my main reason for saying that though. Ha

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
He can definitely play QB in the NFL. His arm isn't as weak as most think. He's just not being asked to make a lot of "arm strength" throws in that system. Plus, this is the era of the mobile QB. Having the ability to improvise with your feet is an added dimension offenses need now. Some NFL team will gladly roll the dice on Manziel.

Coach34
07-15-2013, 03:17 PM
I think he will be every bit as good as Wilson if he settles down and grows up- starts focusing on being the best he can be

msstate7
07-15-2013, 03:26 PM
He can definitely play QB in the NFL. His arm isn't as weak as most think. He's just not being asked to make a lot of "arm strength" throws in that system. Plus, this is the era of the mobile QB. Having the ability to improvise with your feet is an added dimension offenses need now. Some NFL team will gladly roll the dice on Manziel.

Every down field pass I saw him make was rainbow looking. Nfl cb's will hawk those down. He may have more arm strength than he's shown though.

PMDawg
07-15-2013, 03:31 PM

Shouldn't someone be telling him all of these shenanigans will hurt his draft stock? He's already an undersized QB with questionable arm strength (not bad - but it is a question mark right now). Character issues can kill your draft stock, even without these other questions. Dude needs to get his shit together.

msstate7
07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Shouldn't someone be telling him all of these shenanigans will hurt his draft stock? He's already an undersized QB with questionable arm strength (not bad - but it is a question mark right now). Character issues can kill your draft stock, even without these other questions. Dude needs to get his shit together.

Exactly.

FlabLoser
07-15-2013, 03:40 PM
what is a failure to identify charge?

hacker
07-15-2013, 03:50 PM
I don't think Manziel is going to make it in the NFL.

SaltyDawg
07-15-2013, 04:03 PM
He's 20 years old. He's living it up while in the spotlight, can't blame him for that. Yeah, he's hurting his draft stock a little but he'll still be a millionaire in a year if he has anything close to the season he did last year.

DownwardDawg
07-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't think Manziel is going to make it in the NFL.
No chance.

Coach34
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
No chance.

drafttek has him as the #50 prospect in the nation right now- that's 2nd round

He is a certain top 3 round pick

msstate7
07-15-2013, 10:08 PM
No chance.

No chance? The list of very good college qb's that haven't made it in the nfl is much longer than the very good qb's that have. No qb is a lock

Political Hack
07-15-2013, 10:23 PM
C34, $20 bet that he's not a starting QB by his 2nd year after leaving school.

No way in hell he's a starting QB in the NFL. He's short and he's not drew brees. He cant see the passing lanes. He can't make all the throws. He can improvise with the best of them, but he doesn't go through his progressions very well IMO (he can, and does at times, but a lot of times he doesn't at all). He's going to have to play under center, which will make it even harder for him to see the field, make pre-snap reads, and settle into the pocket against a confusing NFL defense. I love... lOVE... watching him play. It's awesome. He's a great college player, but his game is not a good fit for the NFL

msstate7
07-15-2013, 10:26 PM

No way in hell he's a starting QB in the NFL. He's short and he's not drew brees. He cant see the passing lanes. He can't make all the throws. He can improvise with the best of them, but he doesn't go through his progressions very well IMO (he can, and does at times, but a lot of times he doesn't at all). He's going to have to play under center, which will make it even harder for him to see the field, make pre-snap reads, and settle into the pocket against a confusing NFL defense. I love... lOVE... watching him play. It's awesome. He's a great college player, but his game is not a good fit for the NFL

I agree. We seem to think alike when it comes to sports. Politically not so much

Todd4State
07-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, apparently Johnny Football is going to explain why he left the Manning Passing Academy early on Weds.

This should be good.

Pollodawg
07-15-2013, 11:10 PM

I told people Tebow would never be an NFL starter and got laughed at.......Manziel will never be an NFL starter either.

Todd4State
07-16-2013, 01:38 AM
I told people Tebow would never be an NFL starter and got laughed at.......Manziel will never be an NFL starter either.

You weren't the only one saying that. I'll never forget watching him play us in Starkville. Aaron Hernandez was having to make all kinds of ridiculous catches because every ball was off target. I was a lot more impressed with Hernandez than I was with Tebow. What was scary to me was thinking about what that Florida team could have been like with a QB that could actually hit receivers in stride. Someone like Colin Kaepernick where they wouldn't lose the running production that Tebow gave them.

Tebow is a weird dude. I remember him snapping the ball to his roommate WR before the game during warm-ups. I felt like I was watching a football version of the Hanson brothers on Slapshot. And then I remember Tebow not talking to the media because he had a bad game. I knew that wasn't going to fly in the NFL.

It would have been kind of nice if he did make it in the NFL as a starter though- he's a good football player. I think he's destined to be a role player though.

One other thing about Tebow- I heard that Florida was really good about protecting him. He was always around his teammates and if there was someone that was maybe kind of shady trying to do something they kind of got Tebow out of there pretty quickly. Basically making sure he stayed out of trouble and wasn't taken advantage of. Texas A&M probably needs to do a better job of that with Manziel.

Dallas_Dawg
07-16-2013, 07:37 AM
It's easy to say that Manziel won't be a winner in the NFL but i tend to disagree. He can move in the pocket to see open passing lanes and will be perfect for the spread option. He needs to grow up a little but what 20 year old doesn't?
Mullen should use this as a recruiting pitch, come to MSU and stay out of the limelight while you have fun as a kid...

Political Hack
07-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I think only two teams run the spread option a lot. Only one has a QB that can make it through the season unhurt. Manziel is too small to take NFL hits constantly as a QB. His speed will also be neutralized in the NFL. I think he's going to have to be Doug Floutie, which he could become eventually.

hometowndawg
07-16-2013, 08:13 AM
what is a failure to identify charge?

Im wondering the same thing. Someone answer this

ghostofjackie
07-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Im wondering the same thing. Someone answer this

This should explain it. Pulled it from http://markobryanlaw.com/practice-areas/failure-to-identify/

Failure to Identify

In Texas, if you have been arrested, you are required to provide the arresting officer with your name, residence address, or date of birth. Police routinely ask people they encounter for their names and other identifying information. The police may request the information to aid in the criminal investigation of a particular offense, or they may simply require the information to protect themselves, allowing them to identify and determine whether the person they have encountered has a violent criminal history.

Definition of Failure to Identify in Collin County, Texas

Generally, there are two different types of situations that give rise to a failure to identify charge in Texas:
1.A person commits failure to identify if he or she intentionally refuses to give his or her name, residence address, or date of birth to a police officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information. An offense committed under this section is generally charged as a Class C Misdemeanor. However, if the person was a fugitive from justice at the time the offense was committed, the offense is charged as a Class B Misdemeanor.
2.A person commits failure to identify if he or she intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a police officer who has lawfully arrested the person, lawfully detained the person, or requested the information from a person that the police officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense. An offense committed under this section is generally charged as a Class B Misdemeanor. However, if the person was a fugitive from justice at the time the offense was committed, the offense is charged as a Class A Misdemeanor.

Defending Failure to Identify Charges in Collin County, Texas

While the failure to identify laws in Texas may appear relatively clear cut, carefully notice that you are under no obligation to provide identifying information to a police officer unless you have been lawfully arrested or detained. In order to lawfully detain a person in Texas, a police officer must have reasonable, articulable suspicion that a crime has occurred or is about to occur. Mark O?Bryan, as an experienced Collin County criminal defense attorney, can analyze the facts and circumstances surrounding a failure to identify charge and aggressively challenge the basis for the arresting officer?s initial detention and subsequent arrest.

ghostofjackie
07-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Also of note, I swiped this from www.kbtx.com. Apparently he will not and up serving any jail time.

"BRYAN Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel pleaded guilty Monday to a Class B misdemeanor charge of failure to identify stemming from a 2012 incident in College Station's Northgate District.

Manziel, 20, was sentenced to two days in jail, plus a $2,000 fine and court costs, according to Brazos County Attorney Rod Anderson, who said Manziel will likely not serve any jail time because of time already served."

Coach34
07-16-2013, 09:21 AM

depends what you call "starting". If you are saying he will never start 1 game- I'll take that bet.