PDA

View Full Version : Our wish

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Sorry, should have said I wish

the basketball team would have taken an overseas trip this year to have gotten some work in as a team and to get to know each others game some. I know we've been working together all summer, but playing in an actual game against a different team would have been beneficial. I'm seeing a lot of LSU news of their trip and how well they are doing.

Is this something that would have had to have been put together before Howland got here or could he have done it after he got here? That's the only thing I can figure, unless we just didn't think about it. But I don't see that getting by Howland if he had thought of it.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2015, 08:49 AM
These trips are usually made a year or 2 in advance. Also if I'm not mistaken you can only take these trips every 4-5yrs. Didn't Stans take a trip before his last season here?

ETA: Stans & the crew took a European trip before the 2011-12 season so we would be eligible to go again next year. Which would probably more beneficial since we'll be overhauling half the roster.

maroonmania
08-20-2015, 09:54 AM
These trips are usually made a year or 2 in advance. Also if I'm not mistaken you can only take these trips every 4-5yrs. Didn't Stans take a trip before his last season here?

ETA: Stans & the crew took a European trip before the 2011-12 season so we would be eligible to go again next year. Which would probably more beneficial since we'll be overhauling half the roster.

Yep, I was thinking we did take that trip. In the end I guess it didn't help that much although the season did get off to a fast start.