PDA

View Full Version : Manny Diaz on Out of Bounds LIVE at 7:30

Out of Bounds
08-20-2015, 06:35 AM
Hey guys, Manny Diaz will join us at LIVE at 7:30 today.

Live stream: http://*******/1mqvV5r
Out of Bounds Radio App w Live stream: http://*******/1l69XZN

Bo Bounds
Out of Bounds
Twitter: @bobounds
Live stream: http://*******/1mqvV5r
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
Jackson, MS

Dawg496
08-20-2015, 07:03 AM
Somebody post what he says for those of us who can't listen

RC3
08-20-2015, 09:10 AM
I caught bits and pieces but I was still in my early morning haze, trying to get out the door, etc. Overall, he came across as quietly confident IMO and says the talent level has improved from when he was here in 10. also that they havent made any final decisions regarding redshirts on some of the younger guys, including J Peters

RC3
08-20-2015, 09:16 AM
also, does anyone else have recurring problems with the stream via the App?? I have cspire, and as soon as the richard schwartz commercial plays, the app closes. I have never once been able to get it to stream the actual show. I have deleted and redownloaded the ap on several occasions and even sent in an email. I would listen a lot more if i could stream it on my phone, I do know that...

ETA: I think the issue may possibly be that it requires a wireless connection because I just tried it in my office with a wireless connection, and it worked fine

sleepy dawg
08-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Crap, sorry I missed that.

RC3
08-20-2015, 09:29 AM
also they are replaying the interview now...i will give a better recap below:

On the talent level vs 2010- There is better talent in our depth without any doubt. back then there was no ability to redshirt the talented players. And we missed more on the recruits. Overall, the grade is higher

on comparing fletcher cox to chris jones and his development- Chris is doing what he needs to do to prepare for this season. A clear difference even since MAnny got here in January. He is starting to step in a leadership role on the team as well and his attitude is great

On the media praising the offense, but not giving as much love to the defense- manny says the offense deserves the praise and the defense understands that they lost a lot of great players from last year, but there are plenty of players that want to step into those roles. They do feel a little slighted.

On the defense going against Dak everyday in practice- they love it. When they get at him, they know they've done something. They really enjoy the competition it brings. A lot of high praise for Dak

Question marks at the safety position and how they are developing- he feels good about our situation at safety. but states that the defense is all connected. Really high praise for Coman (sp??). mentions Market as a leader. the young guys are talented and fun to watch. mentioned Brandon Bryant by name and says he is really coming along.

redshirts on peters and mclaurin(sp?) etc- says its all still in the air. the scrimmage today will carry a lot of weight depending on how the young guys respond. Says the lineup could all change by December 5th. Puts importance on putting our best players out there.

On Green- he is so physically gifted. runs well. very coachable. his instincts are good, he knows how to read the game. He doesnt even realize how strong he is. can go sideline to sideline

mic
08-20-2015, 09:48 AM
U
also they are replaying the interview now...i will give a better recap below:

On the talent level vs 2010- There is better talent in our depth without any doubt. back then there was no ability to redshirt the talented players. And we missed more on the recruits. Overall, the grade is higher

on comparing fletcher cox to chris jones and his development- Chris is doing what he needs to do to prepare for this season. A clear difference even since MAnny got here in January. He is starting to step in a leadership role on the team as well and his attitude is great

On the media praising the offense, but not giving as much love to the defense- manny says the offense deserves the praise and the defense understands that they lost a lot of great players from last year, but there are plenty of players that want to step into those roles. They do feel a little slighted.

On the defense going against Dak everyday in practice- they love it. When they get at him, they know they've done something. They really enjoy the competition it brings. A lot of high praise for Dak

Question marks at the safety position and how they are developing- he feels good about our situation at safety. but states that the defense is all connected. Really high praise for Coman (sp??). mentions Market as a leader. the young guys are talented and fun to watch. mentioned Brandon Bryant by name and says he is really coming along.

redshirts on peters and mclaurin(sp?) etc- says its all still in the air. the scrimmage today will carry a lot of weight depending on how the young guys respond. Says the lineup could all change by December 5th. Puts importance on putting our best players out there.

On Green- he is so physically gifted. runs well. very coachable. his instincts are good, he knows how to read the game. He doesnt even realize how strong he is. can go sideline to sideline

Zero chance Peters RS. Would say less than 20% on McClaurin RS..

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks RC3, always like hearing Manny talk about Defense.

maroonmania
08-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Guess Manny is making the rounds, he was on Home Cookin' last week as well. I listened to that podcast and he had some interesting things to say. Apparently Coman and Jefferson have really taken steps forward as two of our big time defenders.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2015, 09:52 AM
I've said it for 6 months. Kivon will be our best safety & it won't be close.

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Sounds like we might get 2 or 3 years out of Green.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Sounds like we might get 2 or 3 years out of Green.

Yea he won't be here as a Sr. I think we get 3 just like BMac but he leaves a sure fire 1st rd guy.

woozman
08-20-2015, 11:42 AM
also, does anyone else have recurring problems with the stream via the App?? I have cspire, and as soon as the richard schwartz commercial plays, the app closes. I have never once been able to get it to stream the actual show. I have deleted and redownloaded the ap on several occasions and even sent in an email. I would listen a lot more if i could stream it on my phone, I do know that...

ETA: I think the issue may possibly be that it requires a wireless connection because I just tried it in my office with a wireless connection, and it worked fine

Doesn't require wireless, but it doesn't switch between wireless and cellular well like other apps. I listen in the morning at the house (wireless) getting ready for work and it always cuts off when I'm backing down the driveway. I have to close it and re-click the live feed to get it to connect via cellular.

ETA: Dependent on where you live, CSpire is probably your problem. My company switched us from Verizon to CSprire last year and it is night and day, service wise. CSpire sucks. I live on the coast near I-10 so I get a decent signal at home. Driving to the games I lose the signal north of Lucedale and don't get it back until an hour later around Waynesboro. I had 4-5 bars that same stretch with Verizon. I'm not paying the bill, though, so there's that. Does it show 3G, LTE, or 1x when you're trying to stream?

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2015, 11:42 AM
We really may get the rep of LB U if we start putting one in the early rounds every year or so. I could see Richie being an early round guy, then Gerri and Leo after that. Benni might but has to overcome not being the "size" an early guy usually is.

JT Gray might blow up like McKinney. He is a physical freak with a nose for the ball.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2015, 11:44 AM
We really may get the rep of LB U if we start putting one in the early rounds every year or so. I could see Richie being an early round guy, then Gerri and Leo after that. Benni might but has to overcome not being the "size" an early guy usually is.

JT Gray might blow up like McKinney. He is a physical freak with a nose for the ball.

Only problem with JT is he won't be a LB in the NFL. Will have to be a safety.

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Only problem with JT is he won't be a LB in the NFL. Will have to be a safety.

Does he have NFL safety speed? Not many Ronnie Lott type safeties in the league any more.

Prediction? Pain.
08-20-2015, 11:48 AM

Listened to Diaz' segment on Home Cookin' a minute ago. When asked for one or two players that stand out on Defense, Diaz immediately mentioned Coman:

Since I've been here, [Coman] has changed the nature of our entire secondary. He's had a really good spring and [in fall camp has] picked up right where we left off . . . . I really think fans will notice him out there this fall.

That works for me.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Does he have NFL safety speed? Not many Ronnie Lott type safeties in the league any more.

Speed yes coverage will determine his fate.

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2015, 12:00 PM

Don't know about "won't be close," mostly because I'm expecting Bryant to really step up, but I totally agree. I've been on the Coman bandwagon since last fall. He's going to be very, very good.

maroonmania
08-20-2015, 12:37 PM
The OOB Diaz interview is on podcast there now for anyone who missed it and wants to hear it.

RC3
08-20-2015, 01:29 PM
ETA: Dependent on where you live, CSpire is probably your problem. My company switched us from Verizon to CSprire last year and it is night and day, service wise. CSpire sucks. I live on the coast near I-10 so I get a decent signal at home. Driving to the games I lose the signal north of Lucedale and don't get it back until an hour later around Waynesboro. I had 4-5 bars that same stretch with Verizon. I'm not paying the bill, though, so there's that. Does it show 3G, LTE, or 1x when you're trying to stream?
Ironic since Bo is always pimping Cspire
LTE

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Yea he won't be here as a Sr. I think we get 3 just like BMac but he leaves a sure fire 1st rd guy.

That's the kind of reputation you want to have as a team. We start putting a lot of 3 year guys in the first three rounds and we will see recruit interest pick up even more.

Does anyone know how many active alumni we have now wearing superbowl rings?

bulldawg28
08-20-2015, 03:59 PM

I don't know if that's a good thing based off history. Coman looks the part but hasn't produced....yet.

MSUDeltadawg1971
08-20-2015, 04:05 PM
I can think of 2, Johnnie Cooks and KJ Wright. Both linebackers. I'm sure I missed someone.

Todd4State
08-20-2015, 06:13 PM
I can think of 2, Johnnie Cooks and KJ Wright. Both linebackers. I'm sure I missed someone.

Tyrone Keys was on the 1985 Bears.

Dawgtini
08-20-2015, 06:33 PM

I use it a good bit and it works fine. iPhone 5s & AT&T

smootness
08-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Tyrone Keys was on the 1985 Bears.

Pretty sure Chris White and Deontae Skinner now have one.

ETA: Also know Kevin Dockery has one. And after a quick look, it seems like Eric Brown and Fred McCrary should as well.

woozman
08-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Ironic since Bo is always pimping Cspire
LTE

Agreed.

Should work then - works for me as long as it's not 1x.