PDA

View Full Version : So according to Ian Rapoport, Eli thinks he should be the highest paid NFL QB.

DancingRabbit
08-19-2015, 01:09 PM
As a Cowboys fan, I hope he gets his wish.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/eli-manning-wants-more-money-than-aaron-rodgers---don-t-we-all-----140832026.html

BeardoMSU
08-19-2015, 01:23 PM
So I guess he's not satisfied with the current dollar to interception ratio he's being paid for? Good to know.

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2015, 01:45 PM
He isn't even a first tier QB. There are at least 10 QBs better than him. He is getting a whole lot of mileage from a great defense winning some Super Bowls. He didn't even get drafted in my fantasy football league.

AlSwearengen
08-19-2015, 01:54 PM
He is the perfect representative of that ole miss group. He is as delusional as the rest of them.

TUSK
08-19-2015, 02:10 PM
May have been bogus....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13468848/new-york-giants-eli-manning-disputes-report-wants-highest-paid-player

not that I like Eli, mind you...

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Or it could be Eli's group spinning it now that there is backlash. It is basically a reporter and his sources vs Eli looking like a douche and saying it is a lie.

TrapGame
08-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Bad Comedian Eli Manning has hit the stage.**

DancingRabbit
08-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Or it could be Eli's group spinning it now that there is backlash. It is basically a reporter and his sources vs Eli looking like a douche and saying it is a lie.

Ian is a decent reporter. He didn't fabricate it out of thin air. It came from the agent or Giants front office.

Ian may not make a big deal about it. He doesn't want to get the Riley Blevins treatment.

Todd4State
08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
The Manning's are phoniest people in football.

See the Eli trade from San Diego to New York (but it wasn't so that Eli could get more media exposure**)

At any rate, I can't see any reason why the Giants would make Eli the highest paid QB in the league. It wouldn't last for long because Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, etc. all would just renegotiate their contracts.

My guess is the Giants are going to see how Eli does this year and then decide what to do with him in the offseason. If Eli wants as much money as I think he does- and if he plays like I think he will, I'm guessing that this is most likely his last year in New York.

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Tom Brady is around the 12th highest in the league. He takes a huge pay cut so he can get a better team around him. It is probably the fact that there aren't that many franchise type QBs on the market so Eli can inflate his number. Getting a legitimate QB to start is one of the hardest things in football. Teams will hold on to someone average for fear of getting in a situation like the Browns, Jets, or Buffalo.

Jack Lambert
08-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Say what you want about the guy but it is always no unless you ask and what is NY going to do at this point? I think he is in a position he can ask for anything. They may not give him what he wants but they will come up with a lot of money.

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2015, 09:20 PM
I think it is more that his agent is doing his job to get him the most he can. The Giants aren't going to let him walk just to try and draft someone. Just getting a serviceable QB is kind of a crap shoot. Eli is around average. If he gets the right team around him he has proven he can win it. Isn't Russell Wilson one of the highest paid QB now? He isn't a top 5 QB either.