PDA

View Full Version : LSU Safety Jalen Mills may miss few games due to injury

MSUDawg99
08-19-2015, 12:44 PM
suffered ankle injury in practice today. Possibly miss first few games. http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13220471-123/lsu-safety-jalen-mills-to

civildawg
08-19-2015, 12:45 PM
broke his fibula from what I saw. 4-6 week recovery

starkvegasdawg
08-19-2015, 12:47 PM
I hate he got hurt but that just made Dak's job easier that game.

CadaverDawg
08-19-2015, 12:49 PM
suffered ankle injury in practice today. Possibly miss first few games. http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13220471-123/lsu-safety-jalen-mills-to

Big news for us

Joe Schmedlap
08-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Hate it for him. He could have gone pro most likely after last season. First the tailback from Arkansas, now this guy. Scary stuff.

Oh, is this the guy Dak stiff armed on his way to the end zone last year?

BeardoMSU
08-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Hate to read about someone getting injured, but from the business of winning games perspective, this is definitely news.

DancingRabbit
08-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Hate it for him. He could have gone pro most likely after last season. First the tailback from Arkansas, now this guy. Scary stuff.

Oh, is this the guy Dak stiff armed on his way to the end zone last year?

Yeah, he will be famous forever.

BeardoMSU
08-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Yeah, he will be famous forever.

Maybe he's faking it so he doesn't have to be reduced to another "posterizing" level .gif****

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2015, 01:19 PM
I find it funny that when I run through my twitter timeline, all the national guys are saying, "Bad for LSU, they play Auburn in week 3"

These guys are like a golf ball in high grass. The lack of critical thinking ability by all of them, is embarrassing to our society.

Bruce Feldman even said the LSU played South Carolina and Auburn in the first 3 weeks. He couldn't even read a 17ing schedule.

Not sure how Bruce Feldman became this "revered" writer. He seems to be a good guy, but he's clueless.

This is on the same day that SDS ranked our coaching staff 12th in the SEC. The coaching staff that led MSU to number 1 in the nation last year, is ranked 12th....

missouridawg
08-19-2015, 01:21 PM
They finally dug him out of that hole at mid-field? Good for them.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Good, he shouldn't be playing anyway. He knocked out a girl with a punch to her face and now gets to enter a pre-trial diversion program to reduce his legal punishment. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2423811-jalen-mills-lsu-db-to-enter-pretrial-diversion-program-for-2014-arrest

maroonmania
08-19-2015, 01:43 PM
I find it funny that when I run through my twitter timeline, all the national guys are saying, "Bad for LSU, they play Auburn in week 3"

These guys are like a golf ball in high grass. The lack of critical thinking ability by all of them, is embarrassing to our society.

Bruce Feldman even said the LSU played South Carolina and Auburn in the first 3 weeks. He couldn't even read a 17ing schedule.

Not sure how Bruce Feldman became this "revered" writer. He seems to be a good guy, but he's clueless.

This is on the same day that SDS ranked our coaching staff 12th in the SEC. The coaching staff that led MSU to number 1 in the nation last year, is ranked 12th....

The one bright spot is that I hope the media assessments are really taken to heart by opposing SEC teams we play where they truly don't take us that seriously. If so, they will be in for a rude awakening when the whistle sounds and we smash them in the mouth.

MSUDawg99
08-19-2015, 01:53 PM
The one bright spot is that I hope the media assessments are really taken to heart by opposing SEC teams we play where they truly don't take us that seriously. If so, they will be in for a rude awakening when the whistle sounds and we smash them in the mouth.

At the beginning of the LSU game we should replay the audio of Dan saying "I DON'T THINK ANYBODY KNOWS WHATS ABOUT TO TAKE THIS FIELD" over the loud speakers. I get chills every time I play that audio over in my head.

Bothrops
08-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Are we a universally hated program now?

MSUDawg99
08-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Are we a universally hated program now?

Hate isn't the word..more like "irrelevant" in their eyes.

DancingRabbit
08-19-2015, 02:05 PM

After last year, and since it's their SEC opener I would imagine LSU will take us seriously. After that game LSU will be doomed to obscurity by the media.

BulldogDX55
08-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Good, he shouldn't be playing anyway. He knocked out a girl with a punch to her face and now gets to enter a pre-trial diversion program to reduce his legal punishment. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2423811-jalen-mills-lsu-db-to-enter-pretrial-diversion-program-for-2014-arrest

Agreed. He should be in jail.

TUSK
08-19-2015, 02:19 PM
After last year, and since it's their SEC opener I would imagine LSU will take us seriously. After that game LSU will be doomed to obscurity by the media.

good observation, Rabbit... If Les loses @MSU (early) his seat is gonna be ssssssmokin' for the AU game the following week...

MetEdDawg
08-19-2015, 02:32 PM
good observation, Rabbit... If Les loses @MSU (early) his seat is gonna be ssssssmokin' for the AU game the following week...

If LSU is 0-2 in the SEC after Week 3, I think Les gets run out of town at the end of the year. Still have to play @SC, Florida, then end the season with @Bama, Arkansas, @OM, TAMU. They go at best 8-4 I think if they lose to us and Auburn and I'm not sure that's enough for Les to keep his job. Which is crazy to think about considering he's got 7 10+ win seasons and is 1-1 in National Championships there. I think the fans will be ready for him to be gone if they can't do better than 8-4 this year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-19-2015, 02:35 PM

That's why we better bring our A+ game that night. I fully expect a close game in the fourth with ole Les tasting the sweet, sweet grass of Scott Field.

TUSK
08-19-2015, 02:54 PM
If LSU is 0-2 in the SEC after Week 3, I think Les gets run out of town at the end of the year. Still have to play @SC, Florida, then end the season with @Bama, Arkansas, @OM, TAMU. They go at best 8-4 I think if they lose to us and Auburn and I'm not sure that's enough for Les to keep his job. Which is crazy to think about considering he's got 7 10+ win seasons and is 1-1 in National Championships there. I think the fans will be ready for him to be gone if they can't do better than 8-4 this year.

yup... dead. nuts. on....

Les was a dead man walking when the horseshoe fell outta his ass...

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a likable guy, really good recruiter and would be fun to hang out with... but, a lot of LSU's success has been in spite of Les Miles, not because of him...

Question is: "Who would they get to replace him?"

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2015, 02:57 PM

Your exactly right Tusk, but is that fair?

The media has completely misrepresented MSU's football team this year, & in turn have done other SEC fanbases a disservice.

I mean, how may coaches is Mullen going to get fired this year because the fan base thought we sucked when, in fact, we are top 15 to top 10 caliber team?

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2015, 02:59 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a likable guy, really good recruiter and would be fun to hang out with... but, a lot of LSU's success has been in spite of Les Miles, not because of him...

They'll go right back to well at Oklahoma State and grab Gundy. They will most certainly go with an offensive coach & Gundy provides that while already being proven. I think Gundy would leave for LSU

TUSK
08-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Your exactly right Tusk, but is that fair?

The media has completely misrepresented MSU's football team this year, & in turn have done other SEC fanbases a disservice.

I mean, how may coaches is Mullen going to get fired this year because the fan base thought we sucked when, in fact, we are top 15 to top 10 caliber team?

this is the crux of the situation... the "media" ain't gonna give MSU shit until it's proven they can consistently beat quality (ranked) teams*...

edit: *teams that "they" (the media) rank....

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2015, 03:07 PM
this is the crux of the situation... the "media" ain't gonna give MSU shit until it's proven they can consistently beat quality (ranked) teams...

They give Ole Miss & Texas A&M that and what have they done?

What has Arkansas done for people put them where they've put them?

BulldogBear
08-19-2015, 03:10 PM

Man, y'all are slow on this one. Dan Mullen of course.***

TUSK
08-19-2015, 03:16 PM
They give Ole Miss & Texas A&M that and what have they done?

What has Arkansas done for people put them where they've put them?

I can't answer why the Coaches Poll has Arkie at #20, buddy; OM is #15 and A&M is #27 behind #26 MSU.

Has the AP poll come out?