PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stricklin interview

BrickCityDawgs
08-18-2015, 08:22 PM
We will be interviewing Scott Stricklin in a few days to talk all things MSU sports. What do you guys want to know from Strick? We want this interview to be what the fans want.

dawgoneyall
08-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Ask him if he relishes the label as "the person who did away with the LFL".

drummerdawg
08-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Why does he like berms?

BeardoMSU
08-18-2015, 08:31 PM
I'd like to know if he agrees with the popular (and growing) opinion that building a Whole Foods and/or Fresh Market in Starkville would have an incredible effect on the day to day experience of being an MSU graduate/fan living in Mississippi's college town......

BrunswickDawg
08-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Juicy Jumbos or Carolina Pride?

BeardoMSU
08-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Juicy Jumbos or Carolina Pride?

I always enjoyed watching those old Stansbury family commercials, lol.

FlabLoser
08-18-2015, 08:42 PM
It doesn't get any better than a Jackie Sherrill Golden Flake commercial.

messageboardsuperhero
08-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Ask him if he relishes the label as "the person who did away with the LFL".

96% renewal rates on the LFL say that he's liking it just fine.

But by all means, continue judging and bitching about something that is at least over a year from even being built... As if you have a clue whether or not you'll even like the finished product yet.

BulldogBear
08-18-2015, 10:13 PM
It doesn't get any better than a Jackie Sherrill Golden Flake commercial.

The Billy Brewer one was better.

"Poe-tay-toe-chip"

godlluB
08-18-2015, 10:15 PM
96% renewal rates on the LFL say that he's liking it just fine.

But by all means, continue judging and bitching about something that is at least over a year from even being built... As if you have a clue whether or not you'll even like the finished product yet.

..or in other words, wait until it's too late. :mad:

There is nothing good about what is being done to LFL.

mstatefan91
08-18-2015, 10:26 PM
I've got a legitimate one. May have already been answered though..

When should we expect a new sound system in Davis Wade?

Dawg496
08-18-2015, 10:36 PM
How close are we to the next "major" renovation at DWS?

Either renovating the east side concourse or the west side 100/200 level or something in the SEZ would qualify.

Any plans to honor Jack in a more significant way? E.g. Cristil Court at Humphrey Coliseum?

Bully13
08-18-2015, 10:41 PM
something definitely needs to be named for Cristil.

would like to see MSU behind home plate instead of State Farm.

BeardoMSU
08-18-2015, 10:45 PM
something definitely needs to be named for Cristil.

would like to see MSU behind home plate instead of State Farm.

I like that idea, but he didn't call baseball. We should name that for Jim, I'd think. Jack needs his name at Davis Wade or the Hump.

BulldogBear
08-18-2015, 10:47 PM
I like that idea, but he didn't call baseball. We should name that for Jim, I'd think. Jack needs his name at Davis Wade or the Hump.

He did call baseball at one point. He started with that I think. There's supposedly a time of adjustment when he started doing football where he called a touchdown a home run!

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2015, 11:25 PM

these were two different thoughts. Bully13 wasn't saying anything at Baseball should be named for Jack. But I agree with your point.
Something should be named or memorialized for Jack. Something should be named or placed in honor for Jackie and many others.

dawgoneyall
08-18-2015, 11:25 PM
As you have a clue wheather or not you'll like the finished product. But one thing is certain.....the LFL will not longer exist.

If that is what you want fine.

To eliminate the best atmosphere in college baseball is insane. But you are right.... it may be better but it will never be the same.

But if he is fine with being the person who eliminate the LFL then good for him. But it is his.

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2015, 11:29 PM
As you have a clue wheather or not you'll like the finished product. But one thing is certain.....the LFL will not longer exist.

If that is what you want fine.

To eliminate the best atmosphere in college baseball is insane. But you are right.... it may be better but it will never be the same.

No it won't. But it's done..and the people of LFL have accepted it. Open up your mind. First off are you one of the 4% that didn't renew because of it? Well sorry but tough cookie. Someone else will gladly take your place.
and I'm still far from happy about it.. but I believe the LFL will make the best of it as long as the university allows them too.

dawgoneyall
08-18-2015, 11:47 PM
You are wrong on all accounts. I am not one of the 4%.

Anyone who think the 96% are happy is a fool. I have accepted it. It is going to happen. But the LFL will never be the same. To think so is so illogical I can't describe.

The Left Field Platforms may be fine.....but the LFL will cease to exist. We will be like old miss (afterall they did have the first Left Field Platforms). Hope ya'll are happy.

dawgoneyall
08-18-2015, 11:56 PM
BTW.. what the heck does open up your mind mean? Accepting a stupid situation is being closed minded? Maybe you should expand your mind!

drummerdawg
08-19-2015, 12:00 AM
No it won't. But it's done..and the people of LFL have accepted it.

Accepting it isn't the same as liking it. I know LFLers and they hate it. Are they accepting it? Yes, they have no choice. Go back and watch the SEC promo they did about LFL, the whole point of the video was about the uniqueness of it and how it started and grew because of the fans. Or go watch the interview they did with Paps and listen to how he describes it. It is unique because it was made by fans and not the school.

sleepy dawg
08-19-2015, 12:03 AM
What kind of impact has our relationship with Adidas had on our different sports, and how important is that relationship going forward?

What kind of expectations do you(Stricklin) have for our basketball team this year?

ScoobaDawg
08-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Accepting it isn't the same as liking it. I know LFLers and they hate it. Are they accepting it? Yes, they have no choice. Go back and watch the SEC promo they did about LFL, the whole point of the video was about the uniqueness of it and how it started and grew because of the fans. Or go watch the interview they did with Paps and listen to how he describes it. It is unique because it was made by fans and not the school.

I don't have to... I sat out there for close to 10 years off and on with a crew thats been there since almost the beginning (The Hendersons). I know what LFL is about. I guess I've come to accept it because there isn't another option. Is it going to be the same? Nope.. but I don't think its going to be penthouse suites either. The people will bring things out there and make it their own.

Ralph
08-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Does dak look slimmer to him?*

mstatefan91
08-19-2015, 01:12 AM
The LFL had to be dealt with from a safety stand point. It was unreasonable to expect that the people who put the lounges together to keep them up to current structural safety levels so the university dealt with it the best way that they saw fit which was to take it into their own hands and remove the fans...

Does it suck from a fan stand point? Yes.

Is it the right move for the university given the liability? Yes

smootness
08-19-2015, 02:42 AM
The LFL won't ever be the same? It isn't the same now as it was when it began. It has constantly changed over time.

The fans have always made LFL what it is, and they will continue to do so.

drummerdawg
08-19-2015, 07:24 AM
The LFL won't ever be the same? It isn't the same now as it was when it began. It has constantly changed over time.

The fans have always made LFL what it is, and they will continue to do so.

That's the point. The fans were what made LFL evolve into what it is today, not the school. That imo is what sets it apart and makes it cool.

drummerdawg
08-19-2015, 07:30 AM
The LFL had to be dealt with from a safety stand point. It was unreasonable to expect that the people who put the lounges together to keep them up to current structural safety levels so the university dealt with it the best way that they saw fit which was to take it into their own hands and remove the fans...

That's an excuse to make more money. That's like taking away cowbells and replacing them with thunder sticks.

mstatefan91
08-19-2015, 08:25 AM
That's an excuse to make more money. That's like taking away cowbells and replacing them with thunder sticks.
Not at all...

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2015, 08:39 AM

Does it suck from a fan stand point? Yes.

Is it the right move for the university given the liability? Yes

Were all the rigs out there safety hazards, no but it only takes one. With them being on MSU property, MSU is liable if a structure collapsed on someone. It is the world we live in.

mstatefan91
08-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Were all the rigs out there safety hazards, no but it only takes one. With them being on MSU property, MSU is liable if a structure collapsed on someone. It is the world we live in.

Yep. It sucks but it is what it is

engie
08-19-2015, 09:08 AM
You are wrong on all accounts. I am not one of the 4%.

Anyone who think the 96% are happy is a fool. I have accepted it. It is going to happen. But the LFL will never be the same. To think so is so illogical I can't describe.

The Left Field Platforms may be fine.....but the LFL will cease to exist. We will be like old miss (afterall they did have the first Left Field Platforms). Hope ya'll are happy.

Maybe the dumbest rambling I've read on the topic yet -- and that is saying something.

engie
08-19-2015, 09:17 AM
That's the point. The fans were what made LFL evolve into what it is today, not the school. That imo is what sets it apart and makes it cool.

Weir Boerner Allin are huge msu baseball fans. The fans are still making it evolve.

I just think it's hilarious to watch our fans fall into a trap that I told them they would fall into in advance -- back when I was saying this was going to and needed to happen years ago. It's a cycle in perpetuity every time a new baseball stadium is built anywhere in the country. It's the Alex Box meltdown all over again. I'd think we would be observant and smart enough to glance at the final products around the country and see how this story goes elsewhere and go with that approach from the beginning. But that would require reason and foresight from people that literally think wood and angle iron is what makes something special.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-19-2015, 09:37 AM

Maybe I'm missing the point. If the fans are what makes the LFL so great & 96% of the same people are going to be there why will it suck so bad in the new stadium?

1058Dawg
08-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Any improvements in wifi at DWS recent or planned

sandwolf
08-19-2015, 09:57 AM

This. It is really pretty amazing that the rigs were allowed for as long as they were, because they were a lawsuit waiting to happen.

rabbitthedawg
08-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Ask Scott when construction of the road from Blackjack out to Poor House Road will begin.

engie
08-19-2015, 10:43 AM
http://www.scout.com/college/mississippi-state/story/1575432-polk-dement-stadium-basketball-tickets

But engie was wrong!!!1! They aren't consulting lounge owners for personalization and are just going to make it all cookie cutter!!1!

drummerdawg
08-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Maybe I'm missing the point. If the fans are what makes the LFL so great & 96% of the same people are going to be there why will it suck so bad in the new stadium?

Umm....because its forced. Its not authentic. Majority of that 96% would rather keep LFL.

drummerdawg
08-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Weir Boerner Allin are huge msu baseball fans. The fans are still making it evolve.

I just think it's hilarious to watch our fans fall into a trap that I told them they would fall into in advance -- back when I was saying this was going to and needed to happen years ago. It's a cycle in perpetuity every time a new baseball stadium is built anywhere in the country. It's the Alex Box meltdown all over again. I'd think we would be observant and smart enough to glance at the final products around the country and see how this story goes elsewhere and go with that approach from the beginning. But that would require reason and foresight from people that literally think wood and angle iron is what makes something special.

I'm a fan of building a new stadium, I just like LFL. It is one of the most unique and one of the greatest traditions in college sports.

Jack Lambert
08-19-2015, 11:00 AM
I want to know will he pull the hammer on Cohen if we fail to make post season this year.