PDA

View Full Version : This guy gets it- must have read Elite

Coach34
08-18-2015, 03:18 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-crimson-tide-auburn-tigers-lsu-tigers-sec-west-five-questions-081815

"Doubt Mississippi State at your own risk, the Bulldogs shocked the college football world last season and have many of the pieces still in place to stake their claim among the elite in the SEC West."

LC Dawg
08-18-2015, 03:35 PM
This is the statement that I like:

"While many experienced players did leave Starkville this offseason, the players being asked to replace them are far more talented"

BulldogBear
08-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Enjoyed an article for once.

This is why I'm pulling for TAMU, Bammer, and (sigh) Auburn week one. We've had a lot of discussion on here about perception lately. You don't lose it overnight either. Yes, there are plenty of questions and offseason articles stating (hoping) that the SEC and in particular the West have lost their mojo. But if we go 7-0 week one, really it'll just be right back. A round of bowl games doesn't really ruin it unless we validate it by struggling week one. I think a rockin' SEC West only helps us should we go to beating folks and find ourselves 5-0 after Auburn. We're liable to go from unranked to top 5 even quicker than last year. So, I'm all for the perception of SEC strength. Let the Sun Devils, Badgers, and Cardinals roast week one.

1bigdawg
08-18-2015, 04:15 PM

This is why I'm pulling for TAMU, Bammer, and (sigh) Auburn week one. We've had a lot of discussion on here about perception lately. You don't lose it overnight either. Yes, there are plenty of questions and offseason articles stating (hoping) that the SEC and in particular the West have lost their mojo. But if we go 7-0 week one, really it'll just be right back. A round of bowl games doesn't really ruin it unless we validate it by struggling week one. I think a rockin' SEC West only helps us should we go to beating folks and find ourselves 5-0 after Auburn. We're liable to go from unranked to top 5 even quicker than last year. So, I'm all for the perception of SEC strength. Let the Sun Devils, Badgers, and Cardinals roast week one.

Bama will roll. Auburn will pull it out as Louisville lost a lot off the defense that Charlie Strong built. I worry about A&M against ASU. They are tough.

maroonmania
08-18-2015, 05:11 PM
This article should be required reading for all media. The writer here knows things about our team that apparently only MSU fans know. I'm assuming he is either a closet MSU fan or puts in way more research with his articles than 99% of other sports writers.

DancingRabbit
08-18-2015, 06:28 PM
We might be ranked. AP pre-season poll come out in 5 days. I hope they stick us at 26 just like the coaches poll.

archdog
08-18-2015, 06:43 PM
In my opinion, which doesn't mean anything, every SEC team should be ranked except Kentucky, Vandy, aTm, and maybe SCarolina. Kentucky and Vandy for obvious reasons, aTm because they had too many holes a year ago and I don't see them fixing them. Chavis may be some help on that side of the ball. SC needs to show me they can stop anyone prior to me voting for them.