PDA

View Full Version : CBS All-American Team

BrunswickDawg
08-18-2015, 12:44 PM
CBS announced their AA - http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25272786

We get blanked - NMU has 4, ties for most with Ohio State.

Tbonewannabe
08-18-2015, 01:28 PM
If they win less than 10 games I guess Beaver should be fired.

LC Dawg
08-18-2015, 01:29 PM
I hate to hear the Rebels squawk about their all-americans but if they don't win the West, or at least finish 2nd, it will be an outright indictment of their coaching staff. I think Freeze actually cringes when he sees all his guys on AA teams because he can feel the noose tightening around his neck.
Dak has earned being a 1st or 2nd team AA and when he's not it discredits the process in my opinion.
I can't wait until September 12.

TrapGame
08-18-2015, 01:30 PM
If they win less than 10 games I guess Beaver should be fired.

Hell, Natty or nothing. Most talented team in 50 yrs.**

Liverpooldawg
08-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Freeze has to be considered one of the worst coaches in NCAA history if they don't at least win the west. That team is loaded, just ask them.

Tbonewannabe
08-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Also Bear had as good or better stats and he isn't coming off a horrific injury. It blows my mind that Treadwell is 1st team especially when you don't know who is going to throw him the ball. At least Engram isn't coming off of rehab.

smootness
08-18-2015, 03:06 PM
I can't really disagree with those guys being listed as All-Americans. I don't think Nkemdiche has done enough to warrant that yet, but I can see someone predicting him to be there this year.

Their problem is that outside of Tunsil (whose status is still questionable), their OL isn't very good, and their QBs and RBs didn't crack ESPN's top 10 in the SEC. Add to that shaky LBs while lacking experience in the secondary, and the makeup of the team is so strange.

If Bridges and Shepard are good right away, CJ Johnson and Conner transition to LB effectively, Nkemdiche steps up, they get quality play from RB and QB, and their OL holds up, they could be very, very good. But those are a ton of question marks. The chances of all that going right is extremely slim.

Coach34
08-18-2015, 03:11 PM
If they dont win 10 games Freezus sucks. How do you win less than 10 games with 4 1st round picks? Has that ever happened?

Dawg61
08-18-2015, 03:20 PM
If they dont win 10 games Freezus sucks. How do you win less than 10 games with 4 1st round picks? Has that ever happened?

Doubt it. Can't be many teams that had 4 1st round picks.

GreenheadDawg
08-18-2015, 03:28 PM
I can't really disagree with those guys being listed as All-Americans. I don't think Nkemdiche has done enough to warrant that yet, but I can see someone predicting him to be there this year.

Their problem is that outside of Tunsil (whose status is still questionable), their OL isn't very good, and their QBs and RBs didn't crack ESPN's top 10 in the SEC. Add to that shaky LBs while lacking experience in the secondary, and the makeup of the team is so strange.

If Bridges and Shepard are good right away, CJ Johnson and Conner transition to LB effectively, Nkemdiche steps up, they get quality play from RB and QB, and their OL holds up, they could be very, very good. But those are a ton of question marks. The chances of all that going right is extremely slim.

Wait.. They moved Conner to LB?

scottycameron
08-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Doubt it. Can't be many teams that had 4 1st round picks.

I remember the Miami Hurricanes having some insane amount one year, circa 2004 or 2005? I think they won it all that year, though.

fishwater99
08-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Also Bear had as good or better stats and he isn't coming off a horrific injury. It blows my mind that Treadwell is 1st team especially when you don't know who is going to throw him the ball. At least Engram isn't coming off of rehab.

Is Treadwell even 100% healthy?

Prediction? Pain.
08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
How do you win less than 10 games with 4 1st round picks? Has that ever happened?

Because I'm apparently "that guy" (read: "the dude who doesn't feel like working right now"), I did a quick scan of SEC teams over the past decade or so. Only found seven teams with 3 or more first-round draft picks following the season. Three Alabama teams, one Auburn team, one LSU team, one A&M team, and one Florida team. Only one (A&M '13) had less than 10 wins. (They were 9-4.) And only two failed to win their division of the SEC, the SEC, a BCS bowl, or the national title -- '13 A&M (4th in the West, Peach Bowl win) and '10 Alabama (4th in the West, Capital One Bowl win).

bullygrowl
08-18-2015, 03:57 PM
They won 11,12,12,11. Stopped researching after that, I can't imagine anyone have a better stretch of 1st rounders than that.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-u/miami-hurricanes-first-round-picks-by-year/111646752205256

SignalToNoise
08-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Kimdashian is all sizzle and no steak. That list sucks.

1bigdawg
08-18-2015, 04:12 PM
An email I sent to an Ole Miss fan:

"I see that Ohio State has just as many (4) All Americans as y'all so you will probably have to play it out with them the National Championship. With 3 AAs on offense and your defense, there is no excuse for not winning it."

This is trying to low key his excitement. I am trying to set him up for disappointment with and 8 - 9 win season.

Woolybully
08-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Because I'm apparently "that guy" (read: "the dude who doesn't feel like working right now"), I did a quick scan of SEC teams over the past decade or so. Only found seven teams with 3 or more first-round draft picks following the season. Three Alabama teams, one Auburn team, one LSU team, one A&M team, and one Florida team. Only one (A&M '13) had less than 10 wins. (They were 9-4.) And only two failed to win their division of the SEC, the SEC, a BCS bowl, or the national title -- '13 A&M (4th in the West, Peach Bowl win) and '10 Alabama (4th in the West, Capital One Bowl win).

Add Oklahoma 2010 draftees with 4 in the 1st round, including 3 of the top 4 draftees. They went to the BCS national championship with that team.

Woolybully
08-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Check that - oklahoma's previous year's team (2008) with those players drafted in 2010 went to the BCS NC game. Their 2009 team was injury ravaged, with two of the first round draftees missing most of the season with injury.