PDA

View Full Version : If Manning and Freeze want the MS flag changed

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Will we see a call from them to distance UofM from Dixie, rebels, and ole miss? http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/08/17/john-grisham-archie-manning-included-in-letter-about-change-to-mississippi-state-flag/

BeardoMSU
08-18-2015, 11:53 AM
A caller on H2H yesterday politely asked Richard the same thing, and he immediately got defensive.

Saltydog
08-18-2015, 01:59 PM
says something/anything about Freeze......

Jack Lambert
08-18-2015, 02:22 PM
A caller on H2H yesterday politely asked Richard the same thing, and he immediately got defensive.

I don't know if I am reading Richard Correctly or I just bias against him because of his Bear Douchery but he is the worse interviewer I have ever heard. Seems like every question he ask, no matter who he is interviewing, or what the interview is about, sounds like he is trying to lead the guy to say something good about Ole MIss.

smootness
08-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Public opinion will eventually move on to those things. Right now, there's a spotlight on the confederate flag. There was a spotlight on it several years ago, several states changed, and MS stood pat. Nobody cared for a while, now it's back. Once they get that to change, they'll move on to other things, and these will eventually be on the list.

fishwater99
08-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Ole Miss and Rebels are racists terms and need to be changed ASAP...

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Public opinion will eventually move on to those things. Right now, there's a spotlight on the confederate flag. There was a spotlight on it several years ago, several states changed, and MS stood pat. Nobody cared for a while, now it's back. Once they get that to change, they'll move on to other things, and these will eventually be on the list.

Someone just has to have enough clout and make enough noise. For 10 YEARS at LEAST the Page "Why the university of Mississippi" was up that plain as day saying "During this time period, the university became known as
"Ole Miss," a moniker used by slaves to describe the wife of the plantation owner."

Once it was brought up on SPS (I remember sending Coach34 the link once I found it and other sites that link was quickly removed from the OFFICIAL UM website.

Keep spreading the Word. Google has learned. https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=what+does+ole+miss+mean&gws_rd=ssl