PDA

View Full Version : Buzzard fan base telling it like it is....

TaleofTwoDogs
08-17-2015, 06:15 PM
From the EaglePost message board's season prediction thread:

LIONARTist wrote:
...."Mississippi State on opening day...don't give a shit about any of the other games."

Another poster responded that LionArtist can expect a real short season.

Poor buzzards it's their Super Bowl.

msstate7
08-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Hope our guys are ready for usm and not going thru the motions thinking about lsu

Homedawg
08-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Hope our guys are ready for usm and not going thru the motions thinking about lsu

If we were playing usm game two, I might be worried about effort. However, it's the opening game, we will be fired up. The outcome, in either case, won't be in question.

cbrunt29
08-17-2015, 08:52 PM
I actually see the score of this game being something like 45-21, which will send half of our fan base into a panic, similar to the UAB game last year.

Todd4State
08-17-2015, 09:20 PM
I actually see the score of this game being something like 45-21, which will send half of our fan base into a panic, similar to the UAB game last year.

This is how I feel too. Our one road OOC game- South Alabama- we only put up 35 and it was our "worst" OOC game performance by far.

Pokechop Womack
08-17-2015, 09:23 PM
I would really enjoy a shutout though...

HailState39110
08-17-2015, 09:38 PM
Not a popular answer but I think the game will be somewhat close , especially in the 1st half. The line is just 23 .

I think we win 38-21. I say it's 10-7 MSU after 1, and 17-14 MSU at half . We score two 3rd quarter TDs to open it to 31-14 and put it on cruise control for the matchup vs LSU

Dawg61
08-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Not a popular answer but I think the game will be somewhat close , especially in the 1st half. The line is just 23 .

I think we win 38-21. I say it's 10-7 MSU after 1, and 17-14 MSU at half . We score two 3rd quarter TDs to open it to 31-14 and put it on cruise control for the matchup vs LSU

Haha we are going to double dick the Mustard Falcons down. Double the pleasure double the fun double dick double dick done!

Jack Lambert
08-17-2015, 09:54 PM

Has any Mullen MSU team done that?

msstate7
08-17-2015, 09:56 PM

Not shown up? Yeah. Remember last year's egg and orange bowl?

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2015, 10:48 PM
This is how I feel too. Our one road OOC game- South Alabama- we only put up 35 and it was our "worst" OOC game performance by far.

Hmmm, I must have had a bad dream during that UAB game.

I think we win the USM game 48-17 after they add a late garbage time TD. We will make some mistakes and some of our fans will go nuts, but that's football. All that matters is that we are prepared to nuke LSU the following week

Todd4State
08-17-2015, 11:55 PM
Hmmm, I must have had a bad dream during that UAB game.

I think we win the USM game 48-17 after they add a late garbage time TD. We will make some mistakes and some of our fans will go nuts, but that's football. All that matters is that we are prepared to nuke LSU the following week

To clarify, South Alabama was the lowest offensive scoring output we had. And I think it was mainly because we were on the road.

My point is things sometimes don't flow as smoothly when you are on the road in football for whatever reason- and I don't see why Hattiesburg would be any different.

Todd4State
08-17-2015, 11:58 PM

Dan has had a few games against OOC teams that were closer than they should have been- we've fortunately won them all except maybe Houston Dan's first year.

UAB 2010, Louisiana Tech 2011, Troy on the road 2012, Bowling Green 2013, and UAB last year were not exactly things of beauty.

I don't know that we were overlooking any of them necessarily but we've definitely had a few times where we didn't bring our A game.

Todd4State
08-18-2015, 12:01 AM
This is going to be USM's Super Bowl. So, I think the biggest thing we need to do is take the wind out of their sails early. Normally if I was a coach I would defer to the second half if I won the toss, but for this game I would probably like to have the ball first if possible. Have a good methodical drive and get a touchdown and establish field position early.

smootness
08-18-2015, 12:33 AM
We're going to destroy them.

mstatefan91
08-18-2015, 02:34 AM
Haha we are going to double dick the Mustard Falcons down. Double the pleasure double the fun double dick double dick done!

See. We can agree lol

Dawgface
08-18-2015, 06:02 AM

Agree with this.

TrapGame
08-18-2015, 08:13 AM
We absolutely dominate them in the first half, 35-3. Then we pull the starters and rotate everyone in including the water boy and bus drivers the second half, 55-24.

BulldogBear
08-18-2015, 08:27 AM
21-13 at half. 42-13 final

Jack Lambert
08-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Not shown up? Yeah. Remember last year's egg and orange bowl?

Both those games had to do with collins not showing up. He had already checked out by the Ole Miss game and didn't give a crap.

dawgwood
08-18-2015, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=TrapGame;397947]We absolutely dominate them in the first half, 35-3. Then we pull the starters and rotate everyone in including the water boy and bus driver

Yea straight slaughtering, we ain't gonna play games with em.

Bama_Dawg
08-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Diaz and the D will score twice, but will give up a "what the hell" play or 2 for USM scores. First half will start slow but finish strong. Second half will be a struggle, but we'll still win this one handily.

BulldogBear
08-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Dan has had a few games against OOC teams that were closer than they should have been- we've fortunately won them all except maybe Houston Dan's first year.

UAB 2010, Louisiana Tech 2011, Troy on the road 2012, Bowling Green 2013, and UAB last year were not exactly things of beauty.
I don't know that we were overlooking any of them necessarily but we've definitely had a few times where we didn't bring our A game.

No, they were not things of beauty. But I am thankful that under Mullen we have not tended to lose those OOC brainfart games. We used to be very good at it and went on before Croom as well. A decade ago those ALL would have been in the L column.

LC Dawg
08-18-2015, 09:57 AM
I just don't see this being a competitive game at all. Southern is a bad football team. They may be improved from last year but they are still a bad football team. Do you realize that after the thrashing we gave them last year they followed up the next week with a 6 point win over Alcorn for one of their three wins?
I say we win by 40+ and at no point during the game will Southern fans think they have a chance.

FISHDAWG
08-18-2015, 10:07 AM
I hope the cowbells give them a headache

SignalToNoise
08-18-2015, 10:29 AM
We will beat them soundly.

42-10 with them scoring a garbage time TD. Dak will be on the sidelines for most of the second half.

Johnson85
08-18-2015, 10:49 AM
I just don't see this being a competitive game at all. Southern is a bad football team. They may be improved from last year but they are still a bad football team. Do you realize that after the thrashing we gave them last year they followed up the next week with a 6 point win over Alcorn for one of their three wins?
I say we win by 40+ and at no point during the game will Southern fans think they have a chance.

I think they will make a pretty good jump this year. They really just haven't been able to put a full team on the field yet. I think this year will be their first year they do. I don't think they will make the jump to threatening us, but I could see us not clicking and it being similar to the USA game last year. That's not what I expect, but I'm not going to freak out if we have some kinks to work out our first game.

08-18-2015, 10:53 AM
http://monken.jp/en/

http://monken.jp/en/images/common/monken_top.png

Bothrops
08-18-2015, 10:55 AM
49-13 F

TaleofTwoDogs
08-18-2015, 11:13 AM
I think they will make a pretty good jump this year. They really just haven't been able to put a full team on the field yet. I think this year will be their first year they do. I don't think they will make the jump to threatening us, but I could see us not clicking and it being similar to the USA game last year. That's not what I expect, but I'm going to freak out if we have some kinks to work out our first game.

FIFY. But seriously, Southern has brought in a ton of transfers this year that may or may not elevate their game. Like Mullen said "nobody knows what's about to take this field" we need to treat Southern the same way. Relentless effort until there is no doubt about the outcome.

RealHastings
08-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Relentless effort

Yeah! We need to go all in and take a stand to win the day***