PDA

View Full Version : Advocare Texas Kickoff ticket contest entries

elitedawgs
07-15-2013, 10:01 AM
This thread is for users to place their entries for the Advocare Texas Kickoff ticket and pregame sideline pass giveaway.

Bigedawg
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
This game is what we have all been waiting for. Our team will be playing on national television, against a nationally ranked BCS opponent, in an enclosed, NFL stadium! It is time for our Dawgs to quiet all of the naysayers and prove that we are to be reckoned with. It is also time for Mullen to get the monkey off of his back regarding ranked opponents. This game sets the tone for our season and for Mullen's tenure going forward. A win in this game and we are looking at another great bowl game following the season. Houston is an easy drive, on a long, holiday weekend, from practically anywhere in our fanbase footprint. Hotel and airfare are cheap for that weekend in Houston. Take your family and your cowbell and enjoy watching your team play on the big stage on college football's opening weekend! Our fans' energy and excitement will be the difference in this game!

elitedawgs
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Strong first entry!

FlabLoser
07-15-2013, 07:57 PM
The Advocare Texas Kickoff will be Our State's first TV appearance since dominating the stadium atmosphere in the 2013 College World Series championship round. During the CWS, our fan support raised eyebrows around the nation. Let's repeat that on August 31st by turning Reliant Stadium into Starkville South. NOW is the time to for Our State to make its place on a big stage with a big W. And that starts with YOU showing up and yelling like H-E-L-L. And lastly, FlabLoser would like to see in person just how accurate his attendance prediction is going to be.

mathistondawg
07-15-2013, 09:12 PM
ELITE DAWGS deserve ELITE FANS. I am an ELITE FAN. I bleed maroon and white. The bulldog nation is a strong nation and I love being a part of it. I would love to be in Texas on a national stage representing a brand that stands for perseverance. We have been wanting a winning program for a while and the time is now. There are a lot of naysayers and I am ready to prove them wrong. This team is going to represent the new winning brand that MISSISSIPPI STATE is showing. I hear (fans) saying 6-6 or 5-6 well I am realistic but also hopeful and I still believe. There is a new MISSISSIPPI STATE in town and we just left OMAHA heading from HOUSTON to ATLANTA. HAIL to a new season starting off at the grand stage of TEXAS KICKOFF CLASSIC. ELITE DAWGS can I go? HAILSTATE and GTHOM

CadaverDawg
07-15-2013, 11:15 PM
My Dad has always worked his ass off, so we've only had a few chances to attend games together in my lifetime. The last time I was able to attend a game with Dad was when the Slytanic sunk to Maine. Is there anything sadder for a young Bulldog and his father? This year the Bulldogs will be as talented as ever, and I'd love nothing more than to experience an epic win over OSU with Dad. Sideline passes would be pretty special. I would love for my Dad and I to be able to Forget the Maine.

Buddy
07-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Why should I visit Houston and be at the Advocare Texas Kickoff? Because my only visit to the great city of Houston occurred 5 years ago in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. I spent 2 weeks surveying storm surge elevations resulting from the hurricane and I saw Houston at it's worst... widespread destruction, homes and businesses with no power and a damaged Reliant Stadium. I'd like to go back and see Houston's resurgence... and watch my Dawgs play in that great stadium!

PMDawg
07-16-2013, 08:21 AM
The week of this game, my son turns 2 years old. My wife's birthday is also that week. Since he and his older sister (6) were born, they have sported maroon and white. She has been to several basketball, baseball, and football games with my wife (also went to State) and me. However, my son has yet to attend a live game. He watches with me on TV, and in the past couple of weeks, I have started practicing the cheers with him as he watches me play with MSU on NCAA 2014. My kids are off to a great start as far as becoming bulldog fans and alumni in the future, but I really think them witnessing this historic win in person will seal the deal! I can't think of a better first game to take my Son to. I can't think of a better way for this Bulldog family to celebrate 2 birthdays. And, coincidence? 4 tickets...4 family members. Or Divinity? I vote Divinity.

FISHDAWG
07-16-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm a good driver !

ETA - they have been breaking my heart since 1972 and now it's time for retribution

Dawgdom
07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I spent all my money going to OMAHA.

PMDawg
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm a good driver !

ETA - they have been breaking my heart since 1972 and now it's time for retribution

"Excellent driver"

Drugdog
07-16-2013, 03:02 PM
I have many reasons why i (drugdog) should go to the Advo Texas Kickoff. First i have been the proud owner of 5 English Bulldogs. I currently have one named Sugar. My first Bulldog was named Tyler, after Bob Tyler. Second, i am the youngest of 4 brothers. Each one of them graduated from State, and their wives except for 1 graduated from MSU. My dad went to State as well as my wife. My two daughters were in the junior bulldog club at age 2. With out exception , they will attend MSU. I am a frequent poster on Elite as well as a frequent caller promoting anything Bulldogs on the OOB show.
As you can see, we are in MSU deep.
So if you are looking for a deserving representative who is not a Johnny come lately fan, than look no further than your own:
Drugdog to go to Texas. I will make Elite Proud.

"dont send a fraud, vote for Drugdog"

Kvanderlip
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
I could give you a sad tale about how winning the tickets / passes would bring about some form of healing from the way last season ended. I could tell you that the wife and I save all year long to give each other season tickets as birthday presents and bowl tickets as Christmas gifts. I could tell you that all my children have attended MSU with a large portion of my money, but you don’t want to hear any of that. I will tell you that we are Maroon wearing, cowbell ringing, Hail State saying MSU loving fans.

Vandownbytheriver
07-16-2013, 05:04 PM
I live in Oxford and need to get the hell away from all these people during a football game weekend.

Will James
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Houston - Named after Sam Houston. A great American Patriot. Key figure in the Texas Revolution. Houston represented everything that we do at the PEOPLE'S University. In Arkansas he lived among the Cherokee Tribe and was accepted as a citizen. Something many do not know about Houston is that he REFUSED to swear an oath of loyalty to the Confederacy when Texas seceded. He was a true Bulldog.

As we begin this season it is fitting that we begin in the city named for Sam Houston. His spirit will embody our great football this season. We will honor his legacy by defeating Oklahoma State in his city.

As Houston was accepted by the Native Americans, so shall we accept the Braves of Alcorn into our venue. When have our evil rivals ever hosted a team from the SWAC?

As Houston fought in Texas for Independence, so shall we. A date with the Aggies will finally give us our independence from the whiny screeches hailing from the north about who Mullen the Great can and cannot beat.

Finally, as Houston refused to accept the morally evil Confederacy, we shall take his spirit upon us to vanquish their namesake and return the Golden Egg to it's home.

Yes, my friends, Sam Houston will be with us throughout this glorious season. Beginning in his city we shall prevail, and fittingly end our year in victory against a common enemy, the evil confederate!

LeakyD
07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
I admit that I'm going to the game anyway. My room is booked and I can't wait. I bleed maroon and hate OM equally. My MSU roots go back to my great grandfather playing football and baseball back in 1910. The only other time I've had a sideline pass was the '99 Egg Bowl. I positioned myself directly behind the goalpost to see if the kick was good. History says I was good luck...my favorite MSU victory ever. Gotta good view of Shivers cleaning house after the game too. Good times!

bigmomma
07-17-2013, 11:01 PM
This thread is for users to place their entries for the Advocare Texas Kickoff ticket and pregame sideline pass giveaway.

My brother-n-law was diagnosed with leukemia 1 year ago this Sat while I was at the MSU Ladies Football Clinic. I received the dreaded call to return to UMMC immediately as he was sick. After treatment there, he was sent to MD Anderson in Houston with hopes of finding a bone marrow donor- we even had one for him at MSU without any luck. 1 yr Later, instead of going to Ladies Clinic, I am thrilled to be flying to Houston for Andy's NEW Birthday! Yes, they have found a stem cell match and he will have his transplant Friday! I have rooms and flights but no Game tickets. I would love more than anything to surprise them(as they will still be in Houston) and take them to see our beloved dawgs play and celebrate his new lease on life!

(please excuse the amount of words- no way to tell this heartfelt story in 100 words or less!)
Bigmomma

TexasDawg
07-18-2013, 08:01 PM
The sacred Maroon and White is back in action. We head off to Texas to play a great team on a national stage. This opening game will set the tone as to what the season holds in store for our beloved Dawgs. Mullen will prove that in year 5 he means business, the SEC will begin to take note as we dismantle an offense that has shown tremendous amounts of success recently. With this opening victory we will roll into SEC play with massive amounts of confidence in our abilities. We get the job done here en route to an 8-4 season. Also it would be a good luck charm of sorts to have an Elite Dawg cheering on in person in his hometown...

FISHDAWG
07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
The sacred Maroon and White is back in action. We head off to Texas to play a great team on a national stage. This opening game will set the tone as to what the season holds in store for our beloved Dawgs. Mullen will prove that in year 5 he means business, the SEC will begin to take note as we dismantle an offense that has shown tremendous amounts of success recently. With this opening victory we will roll into SEC play with massive amounts of confidence in our abilities. We get the job done here en route to an 8-4 season. Also it would be a good luck charm of sorts to have an Elite Dawg cheering on in person in his hometown...

^^^ HEMMINGWAY is strong ^^^ I think I'll have a tall glass of what he's drinking

Drewbowski
07-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I really want to go see my Mississippi State Bulldogs play a game in Houston, Texas to see the great State of Mississippi be represented well. The best way to do that is to be present and to help my team win by cheering as loudly as possible. I could easily watch the game on TV but I would rather take my eldest aunt that is the biggest MSU football fan I know. Even though she went to the W, she reminds everyone that she is an Alumnus of State College because she went to Kindergarten(?) there.

Dallas_Dawg
07-19-2013, 04:30 PM
I see it the game happening like this. Our offense is finally going to click on all cylinders, with Russell airing out 3 TDs and Perk rushing for 2 TDs. Our young talented receivers are going to explode out of the gates.
Our defense is going to hit like we did in 2010, giving up only 38 rushing yards today. Matt Wells will be player of the game with 3 sacks and 2 fumbles forced. Whitley will knock out some poor OSU receiver coming across the middle.
Welcome to the SEC, Cowpussies MSU 38 OSU 17

dawgmatic67
07-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Over the past 20+ years since I've graduated from State, I've enjoyed the many post season runs we've made in basketball, baseball and football. I've been able to see a Final 4 run, a few CWS appearances, a SEC Championship trip to Atlanta and several bowl games.....BUT...during my four great years at MSU from the fall of '85 to the spring of '89, I was not able to enjoy a single post season appearance in ANY of the three big sports. So, as a college student, I never got the chance to rush the court or field. For that reason, I should be able to enjoy some sideline passes for this game in Houston!

RalphDawg
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm a Lifelong Bulldog and current student at MSU. I've come to realize I have never actually watched a Mississippi State sporting event in person with my family, and as my siblings and I get older, it becomes harder to do so. No doubt this is a huge game, and a win goes a long way towards a great season, but for me, just taking my family to see the team I love, live in action, would mean a lot. This giveaway is an awesome idea, and it's a great way to reward fans based on something other than the dollars in their wallet. Props to Elitedawgs for this event.

FISHDAWG
07-25-2013, 08:14 AM
the odds now stand around 1 in 19 or approx 5% unless more entries come in ... I know we have 500 members - what's the hold-up ? are you folks afraid of waxing poetic ?

quickstrike2
07-25-2013, 08:31 AM
The Advocare Texas Kickoff will be the most exciting college football game to start the season. Mississippi State football has been hard on my dad, many more bad seasons than good. However with the chance of a big win over a much acclaimed Oklahoma State football team on a national stage would make the bad seasons worth the wait. Both of us being alumni, the trip would be even more exciting since my birthday is also the week before the game. It would be special for this to be my dad’s first road game.

bulldogsmsu
07-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Why I will win the Kickoff Classic Tickets? One reason only. I am lucky! I live in South Florida and try to go to at least 1 MSU game a year as there aren’t many options on flights to Starkville and they are expensive. And for the past 4 years every game I have selected to go to MSU has won (2012 Auburn, 2011 Ole MS, 2010 Georgia, 2009 Ole MS). So I will bring my lucky streak with me to Houston to see yet another great victory if I win this contest! And this year I hope to do it in style on the field sidelines.

PMDawg
07-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Why I will win the Kickoff Classic Tickets? One reason only. I am lucky! I live in South Florida and try to go to at least 1 MSU game a year as there aren?t many options on flights to Starkville and they are expensive. And for the past 4 years every game I have selected to go to MSU has won (2012 Auburn, 2011 Ole MS, 2010 Georgia, 2009 Ole MS). So I will bring my lucky streak with me to Houston to see yet another great victory if I win this contest! And this year I hope to do it in style on the field sidelines.

wow...going to be tough to beat!

Raytoraid83
07-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Students: from the players on the field, to the new Davis-Wade expansion, eventually everything revolves back to the students. The 16,312 students enrolled at Mississippi State University, contain future Bulldog Club members, season ticket holders and as shown by Stricklin, athletic directors. While the media portrays Mullen as a coach that has flat lined in Starkville, in Reliant Stadium the students will witness the depth of the program Mullen has built. This first-hand experience will spark the momentum again that Mullen needs to fulfill his championship promises. Give the students what they want, because the future lies in their hands.

Duke Silver
07-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Because I eat, sleep and breathe State football. Because I've cheered for defenses led by Ashley Cooper and even those led by T.J. Mawhinney. Because I still get mad about the refs in the '01 BYU game. Because the '99 egg bowl is one of my fondest childhood memories. Because I'll still argue that J-rock could of won a heisman with a decent o-line. Because I'll weep for joy when we beat Okie State. Send me to Houston, because I. LOVE. MISSISSIPPI. STATE.

Statefan
07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
How many chances do you get to see MSU play a nationally recognized opponent in an NFL stadium to begin a highly anticipated season? Oklahoma State doesn’t believe we are formidable, and I want to show those cowboy hat wearing, sorry Big 12 defense scheming, USM head coach developing, Bob Stoops loathing, Hokey Pokey dancing, angry head coach venting, perennial Cotton Bowl losing, T. Boone Pickens worshipping Oklahomans how loyal MSU fans support their team. This has been a magical year for MSU athletics, and I’d like to say I traveled to Omaha AND Houston to cheer on our Bulldogs.

civilengineerdog
07-25-2013, 10:01 PM
The ball's still on the fifty

The down's still third and ten

This football game's in Houston

The Dogs are gonna win

We'll put points on the scoreboard

While the Cowboys cow down in shame

Another momentous victory

In Dan Mullen's rein

Those Oklahoman Cowboys

Think this game will be a lark

They'll bitch slap us back to Starkville

While in Reliant Park

They'll never know what hit them

While crying in their beer

Cause real men live in Starkville

Real men that Cowboys fear

CadaverDawg
07-25-2013, 10:06 PM
In addition to my first submission....who better to help take down Cowboys than Clint Eastwood and this scowl in my avatar? It would damn near be a crime.

Ridgeland_Dog
07-26-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm ready to take the challenge.... the Gundy challenge. You remember the one issued 6 years ago. "Come after me! I'm a man.... I'm 40!" Well, I'm a woman and I'm 46 and armed with my cowbell and sideline passes, I can finally shut the man up. It's time.... it's way past time... just give me the opportunity!

Disclaimer: No OSU coaches or players will be physically harmed in my use of the sideline passes.

The Croom Diaries
07-26-2013, 08:26 AM
My time at State (2002-2007) included 5 seasons where we won a total of 14 games. As soon as I leave college ole Croomster finds a way to make it to a bowl game, but the only game I get to all year we lose to Tennessee. In 2008, I'm pretty excited so I buy tickets to the Auburn, GA Tech, Tennessee and Alabama games - horrific. I had was at the 40 yard line for the 2011 Auburn game. I live in Georgia so I can't make it to all the games but when I do go we almost always lose. I would love to go to this game, but I am horrible luck. I am much more suited to watch the game on television and blog about it afterwards. Hail State.

I've enjoyed reading these entries though, some very good ones.

drunkernhelldawg
07-26-2013, 08:55 AM
It won't just be that we're winning, but that we're having a party doing it. How can the game proceed without the hundred dollar bottle of whiskey I will have in tow? What's a party without quality Kentucky wine. Besides that, I happen to be in the People Helpin' Business, and I need a break from some tricky People Helpin' I've recently had to accomplish. Further, many Texans need People Helpin,, and I can Help Cowboy nation accept this loss by drawing a big smiley face with my ringing cowbell. They'll feel a lot better, and everybody enjoys the party.

bleedingmaroon
07-26-2013, 10:22 AM

Almost one year ago, I met the love of my life. I was a senior at State, got set up on a blind date, and fell in love. Only problem was, she was an Ole Miss girl—one whose parents are Ole Miss donors. This October, we are tying the knot. She has been stressed with wedding planning, and a Labor Day weekend trip to see my team play would be a perfect break for her, and could play a HUGE role in converting her to the maroon side (oh, and it would piss her TSUN dad off completely).

DawgWife
07-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok so I just signed up because I heard of this contest through a friend. My husband is an avid MSU fan and a great husband and father. Our 10th anniversary is coming up soon and I am planning to surprise him. I have arranged for him to meet his best friend (who lives far away from us, and who is also an MSU alum/fan) in Houston for the game. This will be a surprise anniversary gift to him. Plane tickets and hotel are bought. I was getting ready to buy the game tickets when my friend told me about this contest. He is going to love this, and if he got sideline passes, it would just blow his mind. Please help me make this memorable for him. I hope he doesn't frequent this website or I may have just blown the surprise. Haha.

Demopolisdog
07-26-2013, 01:52 PM
i haven't been to a State game in Texas since Mitchell Street knocked out the North Texas State quarterback in 1978 to preserve our victory over the Mean Green of Coach Hayden Fry at Cowboy stadium. I need to go back.

Kvanderlip
07-26-2013, 03:26 PM
In addition to me previous post, I would also like to point out that I have been tweeting those at Texas Kickoff on a frequent regular basis since early February about allowing us to bring our Cowbells. As was announced yesterday MY effort on behalf of all Bulldog fans has proved to be successful. I think at a minimum a couple tickets and passes would be a nice Thank You for your hard work. Heck I would be happy with 2 pre-game sideline passes; I’ll get my own tickets. And yes, yes I am begging

Wallydawg
07-26-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm Wallydawg, a Bulldog much like yourself perhaps. I'm a master of guessing the weight of strangers. I've written several award-winning books about otters. I've been known to set loose cages of crickets in my home before slaying them with throwing stars. I'm often seen winning large plush animals at county fairs or speaking extemporaneously on the meaning of Don McLean lyrics. I dance at weddings while sober. I've traversed the Ozarks on a pogo stick. I've partied with Marion Berry. I've murdered 16 French Quarter mimes in broad daylight. If I win these tickets I guarantee victory.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-26-2013, 07:20 PM
If I win the tickets, I will propose to my gf at the game and have it aired on the jumbotron.

Coach34
07-26-2013, 07:45 PM
If I win the tickets, I will propose to my gf at the game and have it aired on the jumbotron.

Now I know you're drunk. Go sleep it off

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-26-2013, 08:35 PM
You know I can set that up....

jalakin
07-26-2013, 09:48 PM
I don't want the tickets for me but instead for my future step-father in law and his brother in law who are both lifelong bulldog supporters. My future step-father in law is generously funding me and my fiances wedding out of his funds and giving us the wedding of our dreams I can think of nothing better to repay him. On top of that his brother recently had his wife diagnosed with cancer and I can think of nothing better to help them alleviate the stress than celebrating a bulldog win in Houston. So please do this for those two brothers and their wives not me. I will gladly sit at home knowing they are happy.

elitedawgs
07-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks to everyone that entered the contest! We will be reviewing contest entries and will announce the winners on Wednesday.

Remember, If you need tickets to the game, click the banner at the top!