PDA

View Full Version : Let's claim our rightful record

BulldogDX55
08-17-2015, 03:26 PM
While watching the preview video for this year's Bulldog Bash, I noticed that it said that we will be setting the Guiness record for most cowbells rung in one location, taking it from some Detroit suburb which had a measly 3000 bells. Surprised it took so long for us to organize this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_MGowmtQQ
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/07/10/royal-oak-mich.-more-cowbell-detroit-suburb-seeks-to-set-ear-ringing-record.html

archdog
08-17-2015, 04:19 PM
I have been emailing and tweeting at people for over a year about doing something like this. My idea was to have everyone coming into the stadium with a cowbell donate a dollar. All dollars collected, count them up and that sets your record. Donate the money to the boys and girls club. Hell they could take the money and buy me a 1967 Camaro and pimp it out MSU style if they wanted. Because I am sure we would have 40k easy in one day. More if they made sure everyone knows we are going for the record a certain game. Come on Strickland, archdog needs a 67 Camaro convertible, maroon and white. "Faithful fan gets surprise gift from university". I can see the headlines now.

Me and the guinness BOWR guy had a huge argument on Reddit about this last december. I claimed we should own it. He said prove it. I said to turn it on to SEC Network as we scored. Hit pause. Count them up. More than likely we would have more than 3k in that one screen shot. I say we show more than 3k at every home game throughout the season for the past 40 years. Never contacted me back.

FISHDAWG
08-17-2015, 04:42 PM
we need to get Christopher Walken in on this

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2015, 05:55 PM
What I don't understand is why our administration was not all over this. I remember your idea Arch and it seemed a no brainer. Set a record and help a local charity. Blew my mind why they were so standoffish. I know we had ED members left and right volunteering to work the gates accepting donations.

drummerdawg
08-17-2015, 06:47 PM
So we're going to set the record at cowbell yell with 15,000 fans? We'll have more than that ringing a couple of days later for the LSU game.

mstatefan91
08-17-2015, 07:29 PM
I think they're doing it that way because they only use one gate for cowbell yell. Easier to count..

Pinto
08-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Why not have 4 or 6 gates that if you have a cowbell and want to be counted you go through. If don't, you can use any other gate. Guarantee you would set an unbreakable record.

archdog
08-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Still think the archdog 1967 camaro that the cowbell record paid for sounds better. Jk

Dallas_Dawg
08-17-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't give a shit about some random Guinness record. Nobody will care except for a small fraction of our fan base.

drummerdawg
08-17-2015, 07:52 PM
I just don't want them to make it sound like the record was broken at a football game because 15k doesn't sound that impressive compared to what we have at a real game.

Mjoelner34
08-17-2015, 07:56 PM
If the record requires ringing for 5 consecutive minutes like the 10tv.com article says they are going to do, we won't break it at Cowbell Yell. Our students will finish in 4:45.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2015, 09:00 PM
If the record requires ringing for 5 consecutive minutes like the 10tv.com article says they are going to do, we won't break it at Cowbell Yell. Our students will finish in 4:45.

I laughed. Probably not the only thing they finish too quickly.