PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas rb out for year

JohnnyQuid
08-17-2015, 12:52 PM
jonathan Williams out for regular season. lead them in rushing last year.. they have another great back still but this has to effect them some

Jack Lambert
08-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Bad for him but good for Arkansas next year. Well I maybe, I guess he can still go to the Draft.

RealHastings
08-17-2015, 01:05 PM
they have another great back still but this has to effect them some

This. It will have a much, much greater effect on their offense than they are making it out to seem imo.

JohnnyQuid
08-17-2015, 01:10 PM
This. It will have a much, much greater effect on their offense than they are making it out to seem imo.

you'd think it's gonna force the ball into Brandon Allen's hands a little more than they'd like.

WPS
08-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Bad for him but good for Arkansas next year. Well I maybe, I guess he can still go to the Draft.

He will probably enter the draft.

Collins is good too but he's not near as good of a pass blocker or receiver

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2015, 01:32 PM
The problem is that Arkansas runs the ball 60% of the time and doesn't not incorporate their QB in the run game. Collins is good, but he can't run the ball 40 times a game. Arkansas has to replace 30% of their offense and all they have to replace Williams is a 3 star JR who ran for 150 yards last year and a true freshman 3 star.

I think they are screwed

WPS
08-17-2015, 03:04 PM
The problem is that Arkansas runs the ball 60% of the time and doesn't not incorporate their QB in the run game. Collins is good, but he can't run the ball 40 times a game. Arkansas has to replace 30% of their offense and all they have to replace Williams is a 3 star JR who ran for 150 yards last year and a true freshman 3 star.

I think they are screwed

Ideally we don't want to run the ball 40 times a game anyways. We try to rush and pass an even amount. That freshman will have to step up early though...he was committed to Ole Miss for a while ironically

thf24
08-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Ideally we don't want to run the ball 40 times a game anyways. We try to rush and pass an even amount. That freshman will have to step up early though...he was committed to Ole Miss for a while ironically

You know your team better than we do, but are you sure? TAMU was the only West team on the pass side of 50/50 last year; not even OM passed and ran an even amount, and those two are distinctly finesse offenses. I don't think you guys are wanting to go from 60/40 to 50/50 in one off season, especially given the way your offense is built and that you have more of a game manager rather than a playmaker at QB.

WPS
08-17-2015, 03:41 PM
You know your team better than we do, but are you sure? TAMU was the only West team on the pass side of 50/50 last year; not even OM passed and ran an even amount, and those two are distinctly finesse offenses. I don't think you guys are wanting to go from 60/40 to 50/50 in one off season, especially given the way your offense is built and that you have more of a game manager rather than a playmaker at QB.

Bielema says he wants to pass for 200 and rush for 200 each game. He said he only ran it so much at Wisconsin because that's how it was set up when he got there and he had the backs to do it. Now that Williams is out and we have some more talented WRs I imagine we'll pass more than we did last year. Of course it all depends on the game situation too obviously

thf24
08-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Bielema says he wants to pass for 200 and rush for 200 each game. He said he only ran it so much at Wisconsin because that's how it was set up when he got there and he had the backs to do it. Now that Williams is out and we have some more talented WRs I imagine we'll pass more than we did last year. Of course it all depends on the game situation too obviously

Ohhhhh ok you meant equal production, not equal attempts. That makes way more sense.