Lumpy Chucklelips
08-17-2015, 12:44 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/jake-coker-misses-practice/

Pokechop Womack
08-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Any thoughts on what type of surgery?

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-17-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm not all that sure he actually had or will have surgery. No other mention of it other than on here. SDS with more wrong info if so.

BulldogBear
08-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Pagin' TUSK

Pollodawg
08-17-2015, 08:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/alabama-qb-jacob-coker-to-miss--several-days--with-foot-injury-174208745.html.

Seems to have legs. If Bama has to trot a baby-faced QB out against some of the league's better teams, that may not be good.

RBritt
08-17-2015, 08:34 PM
This the kid from Oregon? He's supposed to be all world and manziel like if true. I still want to see Gerri Green blow his ass up.

TUSK
08-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Pagin' TUSK

He's aight, aight?

seriously... word is he's gonna miss some time but it's not "serious"... not certain how "surgery" on a foot isn't "serious", tho...

it's really looking like Cornwell (RS Fr) and Barnett (Fr) have been the most impressive thus far, esp when their lack of experience is taken into consideration.

TUSK
08-17-2015, 08:46 PM
This the kid from Oregon? He's supposed to be all world and manziel like if true. I still want to see Gerri Green blow his ass up.

You may be thinking about Blake Barnett, from Cali... He's legit. He, Coker, and Cornwell all have big time arms and can move well.

We did have a Transfer WR from Oregon State, though...

HancockCountyDog
08-17-2015, 08:54 PM
You may be thinking about Blake Barnett, from Cali... He's legit. He, Coker, and Cornwell all have big time arms and can move well.

According to folks in Mobile, Coker just doesn't have it.

TUSK
08-17-2015, 09:05 PM
According to folks in Mobile, Coker just doesn't have it.

I've been suspecting that was the case, Hancock... I think Bammer will be better off breaking in a noob this season and being set for the next 3...

HancockCountyDog
08-17-2015, 09:33 PM
I've been suspecting that was the case, Hancock... I think Bammer will be better off breaking in a noob this season and being set for the next 3...

Yeah, but you can't waste the best front seven Saban has ever had. It's the deepest most talented front seven Saban has ever had.

Dawg61
08-17-2015, 09:47 PM
He's aight, aight?

seriously... word is he's gonna miss some time but it's not "serious"... not certain how "surgery" on a foot isn't "serious", tho...

Coker stepped in some Alabama Strange?

TUSK
08-17-2015, 09:47 PM
Yeah, but you can't waste the best front seven Saban has ever had. It's the deepest most talented front seven Saban has ever had.

this is true.... it's straight up nasty... if our secondary is just "average", we won't need a QB at all...

If we can just get a guy that can hand it off, make safe throws and protect the ball, Bammer will be in the mix.

TUSK
08-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Coker stepped in some Alabama Strange?

Stranger things have happened.

defiantdog
08-17-2015, 09:56 PM

The job is Cornwell's to lose anyways. Barnett isn't quite ready to take over.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2015, 10:45 PM
If Cornwell starts & has a good year, Jalen Hurts would have to be a dumbass to go to Bama.

His best chance was Coker starting this year and having the opportunity to compete in the Spring.

Why would Hurts go to Bama if they are starting a freshmen QB that's having success?

TUSK
08-17-2015, 11:10 PM
If Cornwell starts & has a good year, Jalen Hurts would have to be a dumbass to go to Bama.

His best chance was Coker starting this year and having the opportunity to compete in the Spring.

Why would Hurts go to Bama if they are starting a freshmen QB that's having success?

He may think he's better than the guys we have... it's happened before at the position...

the same thing seems to happen with RBs, LBs, etc too...

edit: he also may like the competition.

Bucky Dog
08-17-2015, 11:16 PM
If anyone hasn't figured this out, we will beat Bama at home this year. No disrespect Tusk! And you guys will beat the shit out of Northern Mississippi this year!

TUSK
08-17-2015, 11:44 PM
If anyone hasn't figured this out, we will beat Bama at home this year. No disrespect Tusk! And you guys will be the shit out of Northern Mississippi this year!

No disrespect taken... and while I disagree with your Bammer/MSU prediction, I do feel that UM will likely pay the price for the flukish win last year...

Bucky Dog
08-17-2015, 11:57 PM
No disrespect taken... and while I disagree with your Bammer/MSU prediction, I do feel that UM will likely pay the price for the flukish win last year...

Will you come to Starkville for the game? I will invite to our tent but I'm sure C34 has already opened that door. We will beat you guys in Vegas this year.

TUSK
08-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Will you come to Starkville for the game? I will invite to our tent but I'm sure C34 has already opened that door. We will beat you guys in Vegas this year.

yup, I'm gonna be there for sure... Gravedigger is hosting... I'm gonna hit as many tents as possible...

just lemme know where ya are buddy!