PDA

View Full Version : Heads up - those seeking MSU @ Southern Mississippi tickets listen up

BulldogBear
08-16-2015, 07:48 PM
So you may remember that I bought USM season tickets. Went in with a eagle friend as I'm planning to see North Texas and Old Dominion to scratch off my list. He's gonna use the seats for UTEP and UTSA.

A few days ago I got an email (which I failed to read till this weekend) saying that as I was a season ticket holder I'd be able to purchase a certain number of individual tickets for the MSU game according to my level of Eagle Club Contributions. Happens to be $0 (Ha!) but still I was entitled to buy two more so I did.

Here's the deal. The deadline was today. $60 each. So, individual MSU game tickets may be about to go on sale to general public this week. I got to select my seats so I saw the chart this afternoon. Looks to be several thousand left, plenty in both upper decks including a respectable amount still between the 30 yard lines. There are several hundred lower grandstand seats on the West side along both goal lines.

So, get ready and let's turn the Pebble maroon!!!

BulldogBear
08-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Well, guess what? Got an email this morning at 10:03 AM. Here's the text (the misspelling of additional is real!) with stuff I obviously would delete before posting here in Xs:

Dear Season Ticket Holder/Eagle Club Member,

Thank you again for your support of Southern Miss Football! You received an email from us within the last week giving you an exclusive opportunity to purchase additional tickets for our home opener vs. Mississippi State. Based on the feedback we received, we are now extending the window to give you an opportunity to purchase an addititional 4 tickets for the home opener vs. Mississippi State on Sunday, September 5 at 9:00pm. Tickets are $60.00 each.

You can purchase your additional 4 tickets by CLICKING HERE and inputting your exclusive password: XXXXXXXXX

To order online, log in with your Account # and personally selected password.
Account #: XXXXX
Forgot password? Click here

If you have not previously registered your online account, activate with your Customer # and PIN provided.
Customer #: XXXXX
PIN: XXXX

Please remember that this is an exclusive offer intended solely for you as an season ticket holder/Eagle Club member. This password is non-transferable and if someone other than an season ticket holder/Eagle Club member uses this password their seats will be voided and order refunded.

We appreciate your continued support and investment in our program and we hope that you will continue to help us paint 'The Rock' Gold on September 5! Let's get these tickets in the hands of another passionate Golden Eagle!

---(Back to BB) And that's it. No deadline this time. So, instead of opening up to the public it looks like they are going to hold out to the last moment. I'm of two minds about this. I had no real problem with them holding out a while to see how many season tickets they could sell. That's they're business and I don't begrudge them trying to maximize revenue. I'm a little surprised they're still holding out at this point after the round of offering individual seats to season ticket holders. I kind of feel like they'd be gone if they'd just go ahead and open to the public already. Whatever. I just want to flood their stadium with maroon and make it a neutral site at worst and Scott Field-South at best. I don't really need any more tickets. If anybody wants me to get some for them, PM me and we'll figure out some way to get $$$ to me. I pay for them with paypal. I'm fixing to go use my link and pull up the chart and see if available seats are still comparable to what I posted in the OP.

Liverpooldawg
08-17-2015, 11:51 AM
They are doing it that way to keep as many MSU fans out as possible. They know what will happen if they open it up. We should never play them again in any sport because of how they are handling it.

paco
08-17-2015, 11:59 AM
How pathetic they have to beg their fans to support their program. This is the biggest game in decades and they can't fill their stadium. Anywhere, anytime and some more meaningless crap they have spewed for decades. What a joke!

BulldogBear
08-17-2015, 12:08 PM
1469 You'll have to click on it to look at a bigger image

What's left:

Lower goal line and goal line(ish):

A - 27
B - 22
H - 289
I - 109

West Upper:

AA - 33
BB - 78
CC - 69
DD - 168
EE - 100
FF - 194
HH - 60
II - 4

East Upper:

MM - 91
NN - 21
OO - 120
PP - 111
RR - 3

So, that's 1,414 left besides what's gonna be on stubhub, ticketmaster, etc.

maroonmania
08-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Has anyone that purchased USM game tickets through the MSU ticket office received them yet?

sayit
08-17-2015, 12:30 PM
PM sent.

Bama_Dawg
08-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Has anyone that purchased USM game tickets through the MSU ticket office received them yet?

I don't have mine, but mydogtag account tells me where in the stadium they are.

FlabLoser
08-17-2015, 01:07 PM

Thanks for the tip.

I can't login to my dog tag right now. It appears their website must be swamped with students ordering football season tickets. I think today was the first day for that.

maroonmania
08-17-2015, 01:14 PM

My situation as well. I've seen my seat assignment but I have no tickets in hand.

Bigedawg
08-17-2015, 01:40 PM
I've seen mine but no tickets in hand. Section NN. Upper deck home side. Guess they are spreading us out as much as possible. My first and only trip to the rock, hopefully..

Jack Lambert
08-17-2015, 01:42 PM
My situation as well. I've seen my seat assignment but I have no tickets in hand.

I wonder if a third party is handling the mailing?

BulldogBear
08-17-2015, 01:52 PM
PM sent.

Got it and replied

DawgHouseUnited
08-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the tip.

I can't login to my dog tag right now. It appears their website must be swamped with students ordering football season tickets. I think today was the first day for that.

Today is the first day for students in the student version of the BDC- hailstate rewards or something like that. Opens up for all of them on the 19th.

Todd4State
08-18-2015, 12:14 AM
They're in the enviable position of having to choose between MSU fans showing up or their biggest game of the century being half full.

sayit
08-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks for hooking me up, Bulldogbear! We got lower level end zone seats on the home side...I'm sure it's a maroon friendly section. :D

BulldogBear
08-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Thanks for hooking me up, Bulldogbear! We got lower level end zone seats on the home side...I'm sure it's a maroon friendly section. :D
I think there will be few sections that won't be! Happy to help!

sayit
08-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Actually should have said goal line seats...they are on the side in section B. Then there's a gap in the corner that isn't shown on the seat maps very well before the end zone addition starts.