PDA

View Full Version : Swinarski

Homedawg
07-15-2013, 09:43 AM
There is a possibility that he enrolls in jan. This would help us dodge a possible draft bullet next year w him. Can he come in and start? I don't know but it gives us another pop bat guy possibility.

Jacksondevildog
07-15-2013, 04:29 PM
I don't know if he will come in and start, but the coaches are expecting him to possibly play as a freshman. I think the perfect game had him as a top 200 Prospect in America. He is a big time recruit.

Todd4State
07-15-2013, 05:33 PM
I've never ever heard of that happening. My guess is he could play but the interesting thing is he would basically be forgoing his senior year in high school.

601Dawg
07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
I've never ever heard of that happening. My guess is he could play but the interesting thing is he would basically be forgoing his senior year in high school.

Florida had a kid do it this year b

CadaverDawg
07-15-2013, 06:57 PM
For anybody out there that doesn't know about this kid, here is what mean Gene wrote about him....

Joey Swinarski, OF, 6-3, 192, R-R, The First Academy (Winter Park FL)
His honors include being selected to the Pefect Game 2013 Preseason All-American Underclass 2nd Team and the PG 2012 Preseason All-American Underclass Team as an Honorable Mention selection ... He is ranked among the top 100 players in the nation by national scouting service Perfect Game ... He was also selected to the 2012 Perfect Game 17U World Wood Bat Assocation All-Tournament Team after hitting .415 for the tourney .... He chose MSU over interest from Florida, Florida State, Miami (FL), North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss and South Carolina

Check out the teams that were "interested" in him. This was a big get to steal him out of the state of Florida.

AlSwearengen
07-15-2013, 08:07 PM

I believe UNC had a kid do it a couple of years ago. Maybe it was USC, but I know it has been done recently.

Todd4State
07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
The thing about it is if you leave high school early, you could play three years of SEC ball and be in pro ball a year earlier and you would be playing against a higher level of competition sooner. I could see guys graduating at 17- or maybe even 16 in some cases- they could be in pro baseball by age 20-21, potentially have a degree and I guarantee you that SEC baseball is better than whatever high school league they are playing in.

missouridawg
07-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Delmonico's son at TN did it.

Original48
07-15-2013, 09:07 PM
[B]Joey Swinarski, OF, 6-3, 192, R-R, The First Academy (Winter Park FL)....This was a big get to steal him out of the state of Florida.
I guess that means O'Sullivan will be throwing at his head too #CT

Homedawg
07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Lsu shortstop? Bergman did it. It only helps us. He can't be lost in the draft. I'm for it. Get some more on board. I don't think it's in the best interest of the kid, in most cases. But if he wants it I'm for it.

Homedawg
07-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I believe UNC had a kid do it a couple of years ago. Maybe it was USC, but I know it has been done recently.

South Carolina did have one do it. You are correct.

Todd4State
07-15-2013, 10:42 PM
After doing some research, most of the guys mentioned in this thread graduated high school a year early in May. They didn't enroll mid year like Swinarski is maybe wanting to do. The guy from South Carolina is Landon Powell.